River Phoenix

atreyu500

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He never considered himself bisexual, and indeed claimed to have never experienced sex with a guy until PRIVATE IDAHO. Though there is no confirmation, being how important it was for him to get into character, he hung out with gay hustlers and it is rumored he turned a trick or two to get in the mindset.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He never considered himself bisexual, and indeed claimed to have never experienced sex with a guy until PRIVATE IDAHO. Though there is no confirmation, being how important it was for him to get into character, he hung out with gay hustlers and it is rumored he turned a trick or two to get in the mindset.

I do know of at least one fellow who gave him a blow job. Not a hooker but a friend through Gus Van Sant. This of course doesn't make him bisexual. I do not believe the favor was returned.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of course, there is that infamous pic of River using his tongue on another guy. Was it Flea, I believe? Not sure. Has to be from the Private Idaho days, no doubt.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Didn't River claimed to be celibate in an interview somewhere? I guess he did that just to hide his cover or something.

proud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is a photo of him in his coffin on a website -- findadeath.com -- that's a pretty cool website. river was such a beautiful actor, and person, too bad his last days on the earth were spent in misery. just look at the coffin photo, he looks horrible in it.

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I saw his band play once, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I think I heard that he had dated Michael Stipe.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Aleka's Attic. Just starting out in the early 90s with River as the lead singer. Never took off when he passed away. Even with Rainbow as the lead, it died quickly and it never did replace with the lyricist responsible for the songs. You could find a song on a movie scene like My Own Private Idaho: Too Many Colors.

Jasper72

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

wow, I can 't believe no one
has mentioned the Merv Griffin incident, yet.
SUPPOSEDLY, Merv was having/at a party and noticed River. He tells his friend he's going to have River before the night is out and starts sending drinks to the then-under-aged actor (15? 16?). At some point, the friend recalls Merv and River disappeared for a bit, then Merv comes up to him saying, "Mission accomplished." or something asinine like that.

rusty__

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There is a photo of him in his coffin on a website -- findadeath.com -- that's a pretty cool website. river was such a beautiful actor, and person, too bad his last days on the earth were spent in misery. just look at the coffin photo, he looks horrible in it.

you would look horrible to if you were dead!

benjames

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i saw an episode of a show called (something like) 'last 48 hours' that looked at the death of river. in the doco a friend of his showed 'selected' footage of the actor 'interviewing' rent boys for his roll in 'my own private idaho'. did anyone see this. why was river only wearing a towel! i can imagine but.......does anyone know where i can find this footage. man that 'peoples church' really fucked up a lot of people

rusty__

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You'll find that in the movie, My Own Private Idaho. That's the magazine scene. After he passes out again, though. Starts at 6:22 and ends about 7:30. He was also in his undies twice in Mosquito Coast and Stand By Me.

YouTube - My Own Private Idaho, Part 2

yeah and he was UNDERAGE in Mosquito Coast and SBM too....why didnt u even mention that??:confused: