slut v's open

vibratingfinger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do have a definition for slut though when I think about it. A slut is someone, a man or a woman, who has a lot of sex with a lot of different people but he/she can't be satisfied with a single act of sex at any given time. That's a slut.

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im sure this is a topic where some could easily be offended or offensive. But im curious to know what people consider the difference is between a slut and a woman who is sexually open and experimental?

Are men intimidate or turned on/off by a slut?.
And should being called a 'slut' be offensive?

Yes, some men are intimidated by a woman's sexual liberation/power. On the other hand, some men are turned on by a woman's sexual liberation/power.

I do think the word "slut" is offensive. I really don't see a positive spin to it's use.

Personally, I think most of this name calling and alienation came from the depths of history. I think all of this BS is just a way to keep women in their place.

The less you think about what others think about you, the happier you'll be in the long run.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Based on my current understanding of the word slut I would have to say..

Yes I'm a slut, and fucking proud of it.

I think it says far more about the person using the word than it does the person they speak of, jealousy because I get laid and its good enough to warrant speaking about is a terrible thing ya know :rolleyes:
You aren't a slut, dear, you are a sample platter!

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally I don't like to hear people referring to an individual's sexual experience as a way of judging them or putting them down.

I've been known to challenge them when they do. They don't like it one little bit. Usually their hypocrisy is easily exposed. Judgemental people are offensive, and I feel it is is mainly because they are so boring.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
---An open woman controls her sexuality and has a lot of sex because that's what SHE wants. It's a means of expressing herself. A slut just gives her sexuality over to any guy who walks up because it's what HE wants. To a slut, sex is a form of currency with which she buys relationships.

First part---interesting! Second part---fits more to my definition, whereby a "slut" is a woman or man who uses non-marital sex to forward hers or his own interests to the detriment of someone else. As a few of you know, the whole concept of "slut" is something I've been wrestling with for personal reasons for some time, in particular the difference between women who just love sex and are turned on by men who are sexy and can fuck well (no different from men in that regard, but MZ is right---no similar negative-connotating name for the men), and those who use their sexuality to climb over people, gain status or money in life, ie--- having sex NOT for sex sake. As a younger man, I used to treat all women as sluts or potential sluts, but am finally growing up (not yet, hence the avatar) in that regard. I admit to having spent a lot of time with a woman who slept around outside her marriage because she needed to feel that she had the sexual power to attract many men and because she liked eating out. With her, it was not for sex (her idea of a good time was how many times the guy got off, with her orgasms being a relatively minor issue). She also admitted that she was being a slut in the process, and she relished the definition. I also admit to having attempted to turn women into what my definition of a slut is, and have finally recognized that they are merely women who love to fuck as part of the whole prism of life's experience. They are not "sluts" in any way, shape or form.

I know little about other languages, but have an idea that it is only in English (and perhaps Arabic due to their religions) where we don't have a name for sexually interesting and interested women that doesn not have so negative a connotation as "slut". I've tried to think of a more suitable name, but have failed.

I'm belaboring this, and apologize, but I'd like to add that I have no problem with the women caught unprotected in the world who must sleep with certain men in order to endure. These are not sluts, but survivors, and if fucking a guy puts bread on the table for oneself and one's responsibilities, so be it. That's why whores who are forced to support pimps are not sluts per se---only tragic figures caught in a vise.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can't speak for others, but I hear more women using words like "slut" and "bitch" than I do men. So much for the sisterhood.

You know, that goes for me too. :cool:

I've hardly heard the word used since I was around playground age and even then if recall correctly it was usually used by girls about other girls.

These days I very rarely hear the word, it's a bit passe isn't it? On the odd occasion I have it's hardly ever been a man calling a woman a slut but a women insulting another woman. I honestly can't recall the last time I heard a man describe a woman that way.

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
guys love sluts, sluts are the greatest types of girls!!! why you ask? cuz they fuck and any girl that wants to fuck is #1 in many many guys books

did you ever wonder why when it came time to for a sacrifice they NEVER ever picked a slut/whore who did they pick virgins. no one picked the sluts cuz if they did then they wouldnt have sex. they picked virgins cuz they know she wasnt goona put out so fuck that dumb bitch we are gonna pick her to die

long live sluts!!!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
guys love sluts, sluts are the greatest types of girls!!! why you ask? cuz they fuck and any girl that wants to fuck is #1 in many many guys books

did you ever wonder why when it came time to for a sacrifice they NEVER ever picked a slut/whore who did they pick virgins. no one picked the sluts cuz if they did then they wouldnt have sex. they picked virgins cuz they know she wasnt goona put out so fuck that dumb bitch we are gonna pick her to die

long live sluts!!!

:lmao:

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Im sure this is a topic where some could easily be offended or offensive. But im curious to know what people consider the difference is between a slut and a woman who is sexually open and experimental?

Are men intimidate or turned on/off by a slut?.
And should being called a 'slut' be offensive?

"A slut fucks everybody, a bitch fucks everybody but you."

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I feel embarassed to admit my total count of people ive been with is only 7, and I know all the girls I have been with have had substantially more than me in most cases. I guess for someone who loves women & sex as much as I do I think I should be at least double my current tally. I even said a friend of mine recently I am jealous of her being with like 20 people.

Cheers
CHAOS

I have only been with about 16 woman in my life. All of them except 2 have had more partners than I.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe Chaucer used the word sluttish to describe a 'slovenly man' but after about 1400 slut (written slutte) was used to describe a woman who was 'dirty' or 'untidy' but in a literal sense. The sexual connotation seems to have rather come later.

Many derogatory terms aimed at perpetuating 'double standards' are based on social conditioning and, in no small part in this case I'd say on male insecurity.

As for it's meaning; like many words it's meaning is changing and in a generation or two it will probably come signify what it's starting to mean now, given the comments so far.

One interesting theory by a linguist (can't remember who) is that the word has an intrinsically disparaging nature. The harsh sound is kind of like a slap and was made for telling off women who didn't keep the house tidy. A word that was spit into the face.

The modern reality is that the open sexually progressive woman is now a concept gaining more acceptance (although, far from total). I think the most important difference is how a woman feels about herself, now that she has that option. If she understands that she doesn't have to feel dirty to lead a healthy sexual existence (free from old fashioned catholic style guilt), then she can be. She doesn't have to accept the views of others if the alternate view is readily available (education is important).

Although, this is obviously from a 3rd person view :)

I do think there should be a line in the sand about ethics though. It shouldn't matter how many people you sleep with, but it does matter how you treat those who you do (male and female). :smile:

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe a slut is a woman who has multiple sex partners because she has little or no respect for herself, her body, or the people she fucks. I believe an openly sexual woman is a woman who enjoys many forms of sex with multiple people because she's confident in herself and wants to have a bit of fun experimenting with others. It's a matter of the mental state of the person to me.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One interesting theory by a linguist (can't remember who) is that the word has an intrinsically disparaging nature. The harsh sound is kind of like a slap and was made for telling off women who didn't keep the house tidy. A word that was spit into the face.

Many therories abound; The Bow-Wow, Ding-Dong, Ta-Ta, Pooh-Pooh, Yadda-Yadda and other theories of linguistics. The Bow-Wow theory is based around onomatopoeia (echoism) so, maybe it's true.:smile:

My personal favourite is the Ding-Dong theory.