Snoring

Himura

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So how does everyone feel about partners who snore? Is it a huge turn off if they snore really loud? lol....

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I snore, I have sleep apnea. If I use my cpap machine then it isn't so bad, my new machine doesn't make as much noise as the old one so someone else in the room would be less bothered - just a fan sound. But without it... well, it's pretty bad.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've slept next to a snorer for 25 years of course I snore as well. If he goes to bed before me, which is most nights, it takes me longer to fall to sleep. I've a very heavy sleeper and sleep through most things. I've been told by guests that they could hear me clearly in the next room with the doors closed. I guess I've got the perfect man. He doesn't complain.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Snoring can be a serious relationship issue. Its a health matter that's not trivial. Frustration from sleep deprivation due to heavy snoring has damaged many a marriage/partnership.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've dumped more than 1 chick because she snored. Nothing worse than a girl who snores.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Snoring can be life threatening. Go to a Sleep Center.

A very good friend of mine- heavy set but ONLY in the middle (ie not 'fat all over') was to teh point he was falling asleep at red lights, weaving late nite driving, depressed, fell asleep DURING sex....

Went to his doctor thinking 'depression', wound up doing a sleep study...according to his doctor 'Holy Shit Mr ++++, you are doing good to be alive!"

He got a sleep machine (a CPAP?) and the change has been startling...

he went from sleep walking his life to living his life....dropped about 50 lbs, I think it added 25 years to him...

so the snoring really IS a problem and you care about him/her (if you know, screw it (ducking)) have them get a sleep study...

am VERY glad my friend did...

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It is the single most annoying issue I have with Mr. Ed,mom,daddy and assorted friends when I spend the night.:rolleyes:
Scrufuss,Nick8 and I would laugh at the variety of odd,strange noises Mr. Ed and M&M would make whilst we were talking on cam or by phone.
It was hilarious!:biggrin1:
I use "Mack's Ear Plugs" a soft silicone round that will conform to any ear shape.
I believe that none of the other brands work as well as these do
seeing as I am only able to sleep when I'm wearing these ear plugs.
C.B.:saevil:

Last edited:

Try using Breathe Right nasal strips. It cured my snoring (my wife said she never hears me now and she could hear me through 2 closed doors across the hall from her), and I don't wake up 5 times a night anymore. A box of 30 will run you about $17.00, but the generic brands work just as well and are about $5.00/box of 30 cheaper. I use the clear strips because the regular strips irritate my skin. Now I can't sleep without wearing one. It's incredible when you feel the air rushing in after putting one on. The difference it makes in your sleep quality is remarkable!

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My b/f uses a CPAP machine and like others have said above, it not only changed his life (he finally feels fully rested in the morning) but mine also. He doesn't snore at all and like someone else said above his machine is fairly new and most of the time I don't even know it's on.

So I sleep better and he does too! Works for me!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I snore, I have sleep apnea. If I use my cpap machine then it isn't so bad, my new machine doesn't make as much noise as the old one so someone else in the room would be less bothered - just a fan sound. But without it... well, it's pretty bad.
I have a CPAP but I rarely use it cause I need a new mask.

Snoring can be a serious relationship issue. Its a health matter that's not trivial. Frustration from sleep deprivation due to heavy snoring has damaged many a marriage/partnership.
My cousin and her hubby solved the problem by sleeping in separate bedrooms.

Tex snores like Fred Flinstone. :redface: I have to fall asleep before him or I may not get to sleep. :rolleyes:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I have an insane case of tonsillitis that has caused me to start snoring. I don't think I did previously and when I get my tonsils out, I probably wont anymore.

I could never sleep with a snorer. I'm a fairly light sleeper.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's one thing to snore, and it's another if the blockage that causes the snoring is obstructive enough to hold the person's breath. I have sleep apnea as well and, during my sleep study, held my breath for over a minute.

my new machine doesn't make as much noise as the old one so someone else in the room would be less bothered

My cpap machine makes it sound like you're sleeping in the same room as Dath Vader. I hate it.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

You hit the nail on the head Speedo!
I am awake most nights no matter what I take to sleep. I am exhausted most days and often irritable because of sleep deprivation.
It sucks.
C.B.:saevil: