So I Took A Shower With My Dog...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, Jul 24, 2010.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    This weather is merciless and my poor pooch has been laying on the bed like a 40's whore w/his tongue hanging out. I felt so bad and I was going crazy from the heat so I decided we'd both get in the shower. I hemmed and hawed a bit because I didn't know if it was a weird idea or not. But we got in and I hosed him down w/some cool water and myself. Being naked in the shower with my pooch wasn't as weird as i THOT it would be. Of course tnite he had to go back in another time as he was so hot. Unfort. we don't have air conditioners so I try to make him as comfortable as possible. But I have to say I had to think twice about the two of us in the shower...in the long run I don't know why but beforehand it seemed weird! But it wasn't at all.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

xP I've showered with my dog before. I don't think it's awkward at all. No different than bathing with a baby or young child. Which I used to do with my son a lot!

3. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

I've gotten in my shower in swim trunks to bathe both my dog and my two cats ... never went out of my way to get extra water on me, but I got a long-haired pooch, who, when she shakes, sheds water all over the shower and that's why I put swim trunks on.

4. aviators

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i have showered with my dog before when we both needed a bath, but i wore a bathing suit, haha, i don't know if i could go nude in front of my dog, when i change in my room i put a towel or something over his head so he can't see me change haha

5. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

HKM, if this becomes a regular practice you may want to keep some Drano or Liquid Plumber on hand to clear out the shower drain

I think it's really cute though and you are a compassionate pet guardian.

#5 B_RedDude, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  6. B_Finally18Anal

B_Finally18Anal New Member

I am so glad this did not go were my mind hoped it didn't go. But I had to read through to find out, yknow?

7. Florida Boy

Gold Member

Well, I showered with a two legged friend and also a winged friend. Some of them don't like to bathe on their own. So I was in a t-shirt and he was on my shoulder. I tried to make sure he didn't get full on water. He loved it. Only did it several times. It was so, weird that my partner took at least one photo.

Strangely, the first time an old girl friend called and was told, “He's in the show Topper ( our cockerel).“ Later she said, ”Knowing you, it ain't that strange.“

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Why? I think your dog would totally respect your dick. But that's some crazy circ scarring on the closeups.

9. Mickactual

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ohhhh...Hells hon... We really need to find You a husband...
    :biggrin1:

10. BJs4You IL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my dog is so short he takes a shower every time he goes through wet grass. I'm renovating my bathroom, so I have a hillbilly shower in the basement. No way to hide from him, he just sits on the steps and watches.

11. aviators

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yeah, idk where it came from, maybe because when i get erect my skin stretches really tight, idk

12. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Some kind of fucking clamp they used on you when you were a baby.

13. aviators

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    really? hmm i will have to ask my doctor about it to see what he thinks, but without looking haha

14. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

To paraphrase Dr. Johnson, "The wonder that a dog does the towel dance is not that he does it well ... but that he does it at all.":cool:

15. karston

karston New Member

Your dog is very fortunate to have you...and vice versa.

16. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

The only way I can give my cat a bath is to take her in the shower with me. I don't do it naked though. If I did my nipples would be put in grave danger of being scratched off and I'd really like to keep them.

17. justmeincal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've done this before. My dog ended up smelling fresh and clean and I ended up smelling like a dog.

18. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

This sounds like an unfortunate, but likely and kinda funny, outcome.

That said, my dog is a Boston terrier, and they mind the heat very much. It helps her tolerate the summer by letting her play in water occasionally. After all, she's watched me fuck, wank, lie around the house naked, and she lays down on the floor next to the shower when I get in. Why not let her get in under the tap and cool off?

19. AquaEyes11010

AquaEyes11010 Active Member

Albums:
    I don't have a dog, but I bring my amazon parrot, Sammy, in the shower with me a few times a week. I ask him every day "wanna come in da showa?" Some days, he gladly steps up and I bring him in. Other days he refuses. It's rather common for parrot owners to bring their birds into the shower with them, since I've yet to meet a parrot who can operate the faucets by himself.
    :)

20. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used to do this with my dog. She was a smallish Cocker Spaniel and it was the quickest, easiest way to bathe her.

Now, as for your dog coping with the heat. Dogs are not like humans - they don't release body heat through their skin, they do so through their tongue, hence his laying on the bed with his tongue hanging out. That's why dogs pant; it's how they release heat. The best thing you can do for him is keep plenty of fresh cool water in his drinking bowl. I used to give my girl ice cubes. She loved playing with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted