STD test before sex ?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by B_1youngboy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

Do you think it's a must your new partner does a HIV test before you begin to sleep with each other.

2. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Absolutely! Demand nothing less than a current {1 month old or less} HIV- test result and proof of STD status.
    In these days where having sex can be a death sentence you would be very foolish to not demand that your new partner be tested and provide access to their HIV test.
    You can have it done together so he/she doesn't feel bad.:tongue:
    Good Luck!
    C.B.:saevil:

3. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

You might as well especially in this day and age. Even if you do use condoms people do get HIV from giving oral sex and there are people who are either Poz but do not know it or they are Poz and lie about having HIV. You should be getting it done at least once or twice a year anyway. I've been told by doctors that you should have one done with each new sexual partner who you have, be picky about who you have sex with, and you should get tested for other STDs besides just HIV. An HIV Neg test does not mean that you can just bareback but it is still a good thing to know your status with a new partner, to discuss your sexual history, and to get tested with your partner. I know a fair amount of people who thought they were with a partner who was HIV negative and then they did not wait and get tested again before they decided to not use any condoms at all and their partner wound up being Poz and gave them HIV. I know gay men who have gotten HIV from giving oral sex as that too carries risk. Some people can have HIV and it can take up to 3-6 months for their body to produce HIV antibodies and some people do not produce them and only a PCR/antigen test will detect them having HIV. All the test means is that they were negative at the time of testing and if you are with someone who is into high risk sex with multiple partners or someone who injects drugs there is a chance they could have or have been exposed to the virus and it would not show up on an HIV test for another 3-6 months.

#3 B_HeartsAfire, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  4. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Excellent in depth post HeartsAfire.
    Listen to HeartsAfire , I was going to amend my post to say you should still always use condoms and be tested with every single partner you are having sex with.
    HeartsAfire did a much better job of telling you what to do and giving you all the relevant information.
    C.B.:saevil:

#4 B_cigarbabe, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  5. Principessa

Gold Member

:eek: HELL YES!!! The fact you could even ask that question scares me. Seriously, dude that is just a given and has been since about 1982.:cool:

6. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

7. B_cathy347

B_cathy347 New Member

8. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

So i'm guessing most of you ask your new partner to do one or this is only your opinion and not something you take action with. So should both of you go together to get it done ?

9. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

No.

Although it is sound advice, I think it is pretty unrealistic unless you have very few partners and only engage in non-spontaneous sex.

10. koval

Gold Member

What's this got to do with giong for std/hiv tests? :confused:

11. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

it's spam.

12. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I agree, you would never get to sex if you have to ask first.

13. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

Well I had a girl ask me to take a test then bring her the result before we have protective sex. Said she doesn't want to be exposed to herpes because condoms can't prevent it from being transmitted, and that HIV is infectious through oral sex.

14. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

should I just give up with her ? Because I never had to do a test before sleeping with any woman before.

15. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

1.) All the testing is good, but threre is nothing that cannot be faked.

2.) Anyone who goes in and does not take precautions with regards to anonymity with regards to this testing is in grave danger. Repeated testing goes into computer data banks and can prevent you from having insurance renewed and can to a medical insurance provider classify you as a person who routinely engages in very risky behaviour.

3.) Test yes, but be damn careful about who has access to the information.

4.) The most dangerous things out there and the most easy to transmit are NOT hiv anymore. There are several strains of heaptitis and a few more common things that are equally bad or worse. Hepatitis depending on classification CAN be just as deadly as is HIV and it is far more hard on the body because treatments are not as effective at this point.

5.) Unless the person you are contemplating having sex with is relationship material stick to safe and protected things anyway.

7.) The greatest weapon you have against STD's is the one resting between your ears. Use that organ before you use the one between your legs and you will win most of the time.

8.) Can the female in question show you all the same paperwork she is requesting of you?

9.) If this person is so frightened that common sense goes out the window the safest sex in this case is the sex you walk away from. No matter how good the sex is, if it comes from an unbalanced individual or an obsessive one, it ain't worth it!

16. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

Get tested since you should be getting tested anyway since you are sexually active. She is correct that you can get HIV from giving oral sex.

17. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

If you are that paranoid, you should stop having sex. I get tested through my doctor who knows that I am a gay male, and I have no issues at all. I have never had issues with not getting insurance or health care because I am gay and ask to get tested for HIV and other STDs. This is not the early 1980s when people thought that only gay men and IV drug users only get HIV/AIDS.

18. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    1) Why do you need a test if you're only having safe sex anyway? If the test allows you to have unsafe sex, then I think you're missing the point. As someone said a while back, whatever the failure rate of condoms is -- the failure rate of monogamy is higher. Don't have unsafe sex with someone you haven't known a long time because you think they will be faithful. The odds are against it.

2) I get tested for HIV every annual physical. My doc sends that lab in separately and I pay cash for it. My insurance company doesn't know.

3) There is a big difference between confidential and anonymous testing. Always opt for anonymous testing, not just confidential. In other words, don't let anyone report your routine testing under your real name to the government or an insurance company.

19. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
  20. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

I dated a man like this. He turned out to be the biggest SOB that I have been involved with before or since. Be careful, there are things other than STDs that can ruin your life.

Testing is necessary but do it on your own terms when you deem it necessary (yearly, after high risk encouter, etc) and realize that there are limitations to each and every test.

If you do go along with her request make her get tested as well.

As a wise friend once told me, "Too bad that there isn't a test to see if (s)he has a heart."

Draft saved Draft deleted