Steroids?

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While steroids can certainly cause or exacerbate problems, the "dangers" are pubicized and politicized as with marijuana. People have been using and abusing them for sixty years. Where are definitive studies on whether the relatively few anecdotal "casualties" are statistically significant. I don't advocate doing them but I hate governement sponsored lies. If you check PubMed you can find some stuff that might be unbiased. Search Yesalis and Pope, H.
Dave

neils1153

1st Like
Media
this may sound concieted or even like im trying to self justify my occasional use of AAS, but i dont intend it that way... fact is many of us thare are in the "know", and have experimented over the years, and what dose and dosent work, know more than alot of doctors do... alot of doctors information is limited to patients with wasting diseases like aids, cancer, aplastic anemias etc, beyone that much of the information on what steroids will do to you is conjecture at best... not only doctors but society in general are quick to point the blame on steroids for anything that happens medicaly to someone who is known to be a user of them... ill stick by my guns as orignally posted, any drug has the potental to be destructive if abused... i guess the question we have to ask is what exactly is abuse??? i think that depends on each individual and their overall health...

socrates101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been told that steroids make your balls and cock shrink and that they give you a funny sex drive. I do not do them but am considering doing them. Is this true? If you have experience with steroids, did they affect your balls, cock, cum load or sex drive?

hmmmmmm i dont know....take a look at this pic and you tell me..........

Attachments

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have seen both Roid Rage and testicles the size of raisins in guys before. Personally I'll stick with naturally exercising what I was born with genetically.

Steroids are just another lie, albeit a sometimes mighty attractive one.

I like your convictions......:smile:

As a girl, I have to say that I am a chest, arm, and hands fan, and I much prefer the tighter, defined look as opposed to the really big, arms out to the side body. I don't see a reason to get huge. Just my little, humble opinion.....:wink:

steeler_999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's one more aspect to consider, and this applies not only to steroids but to all drugs and supplements.

Everybody's body chemistry is different, and a subtance that may be of some benefit to one person may cause injurious side effects to someone else.

Everytime you take something that you've never tried before, you're conducting an experiment in which you are the guinea pig.

Just because someone else had a good or bad experience doesn't mean that you will have the same result.

It pays to be both open minded and cautious.

sally24h

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I tried danabol 10mgs and was on them for about 3 months.They didnt make dick shrink but when i first started i wanted sex all the time.When is stopped i should of taken some other tablet to get your body back to norm but i didnt take anything and my sex drive did go down for a few weeks but now its ok.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He won't need it if he takes steroids dolfette :)

Even under medical supervision steroids have dangers, it's mad to consider using such powerful drugs for cosmetic reasons.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even under medical supervision steroids have dangers, it's mad to consider using such powerful drugs for cosmetic reasons.
But it's ok if a friend recommends it, or your trainer tells you he knows what he's doing, right? At least, that's what I'm getting from about 15 of these threads right here on good old LPSG...

neils1153

1st Like
Media
He won't need it if he takes steroids dolfette :)

steroids are a "vanity", drug i agree totaly for cosmetic reasons mostly and strength trainers... but on the other hand look at what other things we do that have thousands of "botched", outcomes... ie. breast implants, botox injections, face lifts and the list goes on... you dont ever hear much about all those that went wrong do ya??? when it comes to anything "masculine", such as testerone, or being "manly", in todays PC, "feel good", society its touted as evil, and the root of all our problems... its really quite insane the rep. that anabolic steroids get today... and funny thing is most all these opinions and such come from people who 1. have never used them, 2. medical doctors that have no idea in that they dont specialize in that area of medicine... all the while we condem anabolic steroid use, we health concious americans over eat and get huge, drink copious amounts of alcohol, smoke weed, and its ok, where is the logic in that???

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are articles all the time about 'cosmetic surgery gone wrong', programs about it, sites about it and the list goes on. These procedures have been performed by medically qualified people and they still go wrong, putting steroids in the hands of non medical persons is asking for trouble.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are articles all the time about 'cosmetic surgery gone wrong', programs about it, sites about it and the list goes on. These procedures have been performed by medically qualified people and they still go wrong, putting steroids in the hands of non medical persons is asking for trouble.
common sense v self justification

there's a good reason why it's illegal to supply them in this country.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been told that steroids make your balls and cock shrink and that they give you a funny sex drive. I do not do them but am considering doing them. Is this true? If you have experience with steroids, did they affect your balls, cock, cum load or sex drive?
The human body lies in a perfect and delicate balance. The use of steroids will not only ruin your sex life and give you a baby dick you also run the risk of Mental illness and weaken the imune system and leave you open to all types of illness, Their are natural human growth horemones such as L orithine etc. That natually release human growth horemone. think long and hard before you ever try something like this. Amino acids are amazing. Do a search on the subject:smile:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The human body lies in a perfect and delicate balance. The use of steroids will not only ruin your sex life and give you a baby dick you also run the risk of Mental illness and weaken the imune system and leave you open to all types of illness, Their are natural human growth horemones such as L orithine etc. That natually release human growth horemone. think long and hard before you ever try something like this. Amino acids are amazing. Do a search on the subject:smile:
Misinformation:
Steroids have NO effect whatsoever on the size of your PENIS,in high enough doses they may cause testicular atrophy that reverses itself once a person stops taking steroids

Steroids do NOT ruin your sex life....in fact when one is on a "cycle", the opposite is usually true..you want to fuck anything that moves.....There may be a few week drop in libido when a cycle is over as the body begins to make endogenous testosterone again.....there are medications to help kick start this process.

Adam70

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
wow!!! ... I have not checked into this topic that I raised innitially
and certainly found it very useful. I am fully aware of the side-effect
and dont try to make them less than they are. But then again, anti-depressants and other drugs theoretically have worse side effects
and they are used regularly.

What I think is:
1. Dont do it without proper medical intervention and possibly even
counselling.
2. If this is important enough for you to do, do it safely en engage
with the psychological aspect of this as well.
3. It does not seem ok for men to want to be attractive and do
dangerous things to themselves in order to get there but it is
possibly more ok for woman to do.
4. A lot of what we think and believe about steroids are moral judgements
masked as medical concerns, be it that those medical councerns are
valid, at least to some extent.

... am I sorta in the right ball park?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
4. A lot of what we think and believe about steroids are moral judgements
masked as medical concerns, be it that those medical councerns are
valid, at least to some extent.

... am I sorta in the right ball park?
people who like steroids will ignore the medical risks.
people who dislike them will see the risks as less worth taking.