Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hope we will all ignore the yawn from now on.:frown1:

I got sucked in on one of the Yawn threads...now I am taking your good advice SBE, I choose to ignore..not my nature..but I choose to ignore..thanks op too!:smile: Donk

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got sucked in on one of the Yawn threads...now I am taking your good advice SBE, I choose to ignore..not my nature..but I choose to ignore..thanks op too!:smile: Donk

This is what I find the most annoying about trolls. A good member like yourself feels that he has made a fool of himself by replying to one of the idiotic threads.

I'm sure everyone will see your post for what it was Donkeyboy. You're usual desire to be helpful.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's obvious.

I heard that yawing also has to do with the brain not getting enough oxygen. So when I feel yawns coming on I take several deep breaths.

It's funny how they are contagious. The other day I saw someone in the care behind me yawn after I did. (and they didn't see me, so they did not yawn because of me)

That's happened to me too!

I know this thread is a metaphor
, but in real life, I have always been curious about yawns.

WHY are they infectious? I mean really -- a doctor wrote an entire book about the infectiousness of yawns**

And if it IS oxygen deprivation, then how could ONE yawn remove enough oxygen from the air to make another person, standing/sitting a few feet away, yawn too... my mind just boggles.:biggrin1:

** The Sleep Book by Dr. Seuss ha ha ha ha

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If someone is attracted to you or admires you/envies you, they will mirror your actions. This can include yawning, playing with hair etc.

This is one explanation. Maybe yawning is a biological check to see if you need sleep...a kind of reflex. If its a short/'fake' yawn then you don't and if its one of those deep yawns, you should take a nap.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We all know that yawns are infectious. How do you successfully banish a yawn for everyone's sake?

Staring into a bright light keeps me from yawning.

Funny story, though... I had a friend in high school who had moved to Washington State. He and I talked on the phone regularly, and one night we got to talking pretty late, and we were both pretty tired. I don't know who started it, but one of us yawned, and it all went downhill from there. I shit you not, we yawned back and forth for about 10 minutes straight. My eyes were watering like crazy. It was hilarious and horrible all at the same time. We kept making each other yawn, and couldn't even carry on a normal conversation.