Street Fighting

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by gingernuts, Aug 18, 2009.

1. gingernuts

gingernuts Member

I ended up in a drunken fist fight last night. I managed to get away unhurt. Why is there so much violence around ?:confused:

2. jlr080281

jlr080281 New Member

There's your reason. Alcohol makes people stupid.

3. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

The sad part is that even without drinking, it seems that more and more people prefer physical confrontation instead of thinking and talking. The argument could be made that violence is prevelent in society, everything from the U.S. drones dropping bombs on the Talaban instead of talking to them all the way down to the violence on TV but there will always be someone who can justify those and everything in between. Eventually, someone will want to quote the Bible and Cain and his brother Abel and how murder has been around since the beginning of time. Doesn't make it right though, does it?

4. MichiganRico

Gold Member

I understand that pub closing time in London is pure drunken chaos. True?

5. earllogjam

Gold Member

In the states guys rarely have fist fights anymore. They just shoot each other. Yay NRA - the chicken shit way to fight.

6. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    the word DRUNKEN pretty much sums it up

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I often wonder whether anger isn't a free-floating type of energy that can neither be created nor destroyed. It seems to just change form and infect unsuspecting new hosts at random.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

I saw a horror movie like that I think it was The Hidden.

9. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

A friend of mine from Montana said that when she was growing up, guys got into fistfights all the time. They'd argue, so they'd fight, and then they'd make up and everything was fine. Nobody even thought of it as "violence."

Her theory is that, since then, we've become a much more "law-abiding" society on the surface, and penalties for things like assault have gotten much stiffer. Guys rarely fight anymore, and so, instead of naturally releasing aggression when it arises, at moments of conflict, we keep it bottled up. When it bursts, a gun is usually involved.

So Gingernuts, maybe you should be thankful for your drunken brawlers. Maybe the reason you have such a low level of extreme gun violence in your country, compared to ours, is because guys can take their anger out with their fists.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

11. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    If all the pugilists are willing participants safely locked in a combat cage, well OK. Trouble is, though, those accustomed to settling disputes with violence don't necessarily turn off that instinct during disagreements in other venues, especially when alcohol's involved. I've seen enough of that in my time. Innocents can and do get hurt by boozing thugs who believe themselves just innocently settling things the natural way.

12. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

What about the criminals? Do they have guns?

13. dolfette

Gold Member

some cops have guns.
    armed response teams.

very few criminals have guns.
    but it happens.

14. mynameisnobody

mynameisnobody New Member

Shooting deaths and injuries in the US have been in steady decline since a peak in the '70s. To the extent that the NRA is responsible, I'd say it's doing a good job.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

16. dolfette

Gold Member

17. Principessa

Gold Member

18. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

YEAH! thatd be aquick talk.......

"hey guys!.... sorry about leaving you to fight an army with rocks and sticks. sorry we didn't clean up those land mines the Russians left like we promised (or the ones we left and lied about), your kids legs are fine........ where ever they landed..... and that nerve gas is a great skin exfoliating mist huh.... how many kids with ALL their limbs do you really need? now you get to park the camel up close to the entrance......... whats that camcorder and rusty saw for?.....fellas?....."

19. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

yep... and we all have perfect teeth, we get a gun when we turn 10, andif we don't kill by 13..... they take it AWAY!

and the entire country is only 4 places, california on the left new york washington D.C is floating around in there some where and everything in the middle is the wild west..... and we all know the president and movie stars...... ya nailed us

you don't fight with guns, you fight withfists, and i will admit i have always admired europes stance on 2 men fighting and the way they go about screeningand educating police..... canada even more so, the cops are pussies but in canada... a hockey country ,they just LET you fight.... learned the hard way what "turtling" is when a 5"4 hockey jock yaked my shirt over my head and beat on me for a good 20 seconds..... here, if its2 men fighting on the up and up, it's called "fistacuffs" and its the same fine as seatbelt ticket

20. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    uh...earllogjam lives in the U.S.

Draft saved Draft deleted