Taking a break

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_RedDude, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Due to a conflict with a moderator which I feel has resulted in an intimidating environment for me here, I am taking an indefinite hiatus from LPSG.

RedDude

2. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

sorry to hear. enjoyed your posts.

3. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

I also enjoy your posts. Would you mind sending me a PM saying which moderator? I just went through something similar. If it turns out this sort behavior by staff members is just accepted I'll question staying here. It's really unattractive behavior especially after having only been here about a week.

Let me know. Sorry to hear the place is going to lose a poster like you over rock stoopid behavior by a moderator.

JSZ

4. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you mean you went through something similar here? Or elsewhere?

It seems you have made up or mind that some moderator has made a mistake. Remember, there are two sides (or more) to every story. So please try to remain objective about who is or is not stoopid.

5. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

I went through something similar here. It was apparently with the exact same person (someone who three other members have PM'ed me about privately to express their frustrations.)

There are two sides to every story, you're right about that. But this seems like a trend in behavior not an isolated event. As a member of a bunch of different forums this is always something I look out for; moderators who drive off new members.

JSZ

6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

dudes, boot strap up.

i've beefed with Mods before. the ire passes.
    peace and co-existence returns to ya LPSG world.

i've read the threads and seen the beef.. the implicated Mod never threw down a Mod card. y'all both just pissed a fit that said Mod was hiding behind their official status.

let me assure you, that Mod went easy on you cuz they're a Mod.

in closing
    wahwahwah
    ml

7. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

+1

8. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

The "moderators" here are pathetic assholes.

(Let's see now if they allow this post or this thread to remain on the site)

#8 B_RedDude, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  9. MickeyLee

Gold Member

is not really a violation of ToS.

unless abuse of font size has been added recently.
    my retinas feels violated.

10. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

I have seen ugly behaviour form mods and non mods alike. Even if a mod does not throw down the mod card, they are sometimes in breach of the very rules they are meant to be upholding. In fact they sometimes close threads randomly it seems when in other threads where THEY participated they leave open even though thy displayed the same types of behaviour that the closed the other thread.

Mods are not perfect. The are people, and are fallible lie the rest of us. I do find it funny though some of their decisions. I have known them to leave a thread that gets highjacked up and running even when the OP asks them to close it, and for damn good reasons, while closing other threads for threadjacking that was benign.

I have seen two gang up on one of my friends and shout that person down and not stop until another friend stepped in. Said other friend has recently left after a temp ban that was fairly unfair. If my friend was temp banned the other two people should have damn well been permabanned.

So while I have not had the best relationship with RedDude (enjoy his posts, then hate them, and then ignore them, then like them, then roll my eyes at them) I can kind of undetstand his frustration in general.

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

there are positive thread jacks. if the members take policing the boards in their own hands, a silly thread jack is better than endless bickering.

this part is ramble. and not directed at anyone... way i see it, if all parties are throwing webz rage/shine then nobody is innocent. as grumpy as i get with the Mods if i am jump into the fight i take my licks.

Red and Zomboy both threw punches, they weren't singled out for shredding by anyone.

i am ain't a Mod toady.
    not by a long shot.

folks just need to grow up and learn to take a punch.

#11 MickeyLee, Jul 13, 2011
  12. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

13. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Six hours ago a crybaby started a thread about volunteer moderators on a free site being bullies. He says he will be taking indefinite leave. He stays actively online until 40 minutes ago, when he returns to his whiny thread to call them all pathetic assholes. Sounds like a bad house-guest to me. If it were my house, I'd never let him back.

14. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

You are, and have always been, a white trash cunt. And from reading a recent blog entry of yours, used to be a slut. How long ago was it that they let you out of prison, anyway? Oh, isn't that where you acquired your hard edges?

#14 B_RedDude, Jul 13, 2011
  15. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

*yawn*

Another cry for suicide by mod.

Door, ass.

16. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Don't you have to be white to be white trash?

17. D_Budd_Hert

D_Budd_Hert New Member

Couldn't you leave quietly without starting a thread ? Good gawd man !!!! Its the Fn internet ..walk away with said tail tucked and close the door behind you quietly ....Oh Yeah ! leave your keys at the front desk or you will be billed .... Ive tried leaving a few times , never posting threads .....I guess I don't need the farewell popularity post counts .

18. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Can you just leave already?

Ya see this kind of crap is what I didn't like about your posts!

But hey, isn't the term "cunt" a bannable word now? Correct me good LPSG ladies if i am wrong?

I got along with you for a bit Red, and i enjoyed our one and only pm session. i followed your posts fr a time and was dismayed at the apparent mysognistic tone to them. If you want to leave fine. Leave. I am not saying that perhaps the mods can't be wacktastic idiots at times, but then again so can all of us. As ML said we all just need to relax, chill out, and if we jump into a fray learn how to take our licks.

If you are having difficulties with a mod (and I know the one you are having them with) then take it up with them. If they are acting inappropriate to the point of violating the ToS themselves, report them to the other mods! If i remember correctly, someone said once that even the esteemed Pecker had been temp banned! We ALL fuck up sometimes, and let or tempers and internet egos run stupid.

As for the mod in question (if I am deducing it right) it seems to me more a personallity conflict then anything else. Are you trying to be banned at this point? Do you need the big send off, even if it is negative? Is that what this is all really about? Not harping on ya dude, just honestly asking.

And may i ask just WTF Altered has done to you? Calling her the "c" word is so not cool.

And you got her race worng bro. Which makes me wonder hoe much you even knew anout her at all.

#18 B_Nicodemous, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  19. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Aaaannnn he's banned!!!

:rolleyes:

Is suicide by mod the in thing now?

20. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo