Tattooed arms, 1/2, 3/4 or full sleeve

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go in for some arm work on wednesday 23Jan2008.

The design I did will do a 3/4 sleeve but the artist said he could make it a 1/2 or short sleeve. It was up to my personal preference.

I am leaning towards 3/4 sleeve just past the elbows.

There are guys; some in management with full arm work that is a collection of artwork not one piece done at once. At my work this doesn't' seem to be an issue.

There are a few guys that where long sleeve shirts year around because of their art work.

In my personal life this isn't going to be an issue; I think. My back work has changed my personal life people that wouldn't give me the time of day find me interesting and want to "hook up"; after the seen or heard what is back there.

Is there a reason I shouldn't go with my 3/4 art work?

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
do what looks best for the design. I have one tattoo that I went "small" on because I thought it would be less offensive. As long as its not on your face, neck or hands you can cover it.

People <who ever they are?> are going to make the same judgement call about a small one or a large. Get the best looking one and screw them all.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The stigma about tatoos now days isn't what it use to be although, some emplyers still look down on it, I love them myself and have just one but, will be getting more soon, good luck buddy, the back work is cool

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with Pectacular. You should be doing this for you, not for someone else (either real or future). Have to say, though, that the larger tatts look better, have better detail and make a better statement. Be sure and post your pics, too. If not, we'll bug you until you do! LOL!!!!

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the 3/4 length sleeve would be nicer. I think tattoos look better when they don't look "cut off", know what I mean?

I have 5 tattoos and in Feb I'm getting an old one covered up. And in September I am getting one on my back too, covering both shoulders.

Can't wait for the sound, you know what I mean...buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zacktoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I say if your going to to it do it BIG!!!! Go for it and get what you want! If you ever get into a job that has a problem with it just wear long sleeves!! I have 3 tattoos...one on each ankle and one on my foot - easy to cover and easy to show off!! Can't wait for the next one...in the spring!

Anticipate pictures of your new sleeve! Your back looks really nice.....

hellagood88

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i quite like whole or half sleeves, they usually look better in proportion with then arm. i want a half sleeve doing at some point

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well it is done, it goes just a bit below the elbow.

the artist said I had just as much on my arm as my back.

Another artist was admiring it and asked how long have you been setting. The answer was too long.

Dam I hate that.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have skull done on the center of my chest now. That hurt like hell. After the artiest was done he said that is one of the 4 top painful places to get done.

He did a LOT of good detail work on that breast bone with some tribal work going around the skull.

Next phase is to wrap the tribal work over the shoulders down to the ribs and wrap it around the ribs to the back.

Then add some work going down the spine.

As far as the sleeves go I do want to add a tribal streak going down half way the fore arm on the back and do the same on the front on the other arm.

Then the big issue. Have had multiply sex partners ask, "you going to get that dick inked?"