Ten Commandments

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
The wording you are looking at is like that to leave open the fact there were other faiths (some polytheastic) at the time and that converts from these faiths needed to adjust into the concept of the 'one God'.

Who's brazen. I'm not in the least bit brazen.

As things stand for me at the moment - if I get hit by a bus or whatever tomorrow - I'm going to Hell. End of.

Edit: that's not to say I couldn't do something about it - plenty I can do about it.. I should probably start soon! I'm not geting any younger!
ummm...about that adultery thing. can you save that one for the last to quit?

_Alexxx_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll bring the beer, though I'm quite scared about those of you who have 10 out of 10. It's not that I'm worried about you yelling at your parents, but killing it's not quite my taste. Or spiders count for the 5th one?

PS: I think I will get a VIP pass as I had to google for the list :cool:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
ummm...about that adultery thing. can you save that one for the last to quit?

Well, this being my thread, you get to do whatever you want, baby. Anyway, why quit when you're winning?

Or spiders count for the 5th one?

PS: I think I will get a VIP pass as I had to google for the list :cool:

You lose points for googling - I included a link!

No - spiders don't count. Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Do you have to have 10 of 10 to get into the MB Blazin' Hot Party Palace?

Cos thus far, I don't have the full 10 but I'm not done livin' yet.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Oh dear me. It all depends if you are Jewish or Christian. Jesus pretty much abolished the Old Testament Law even though he said that he has come to fulfill the law.

Jesus said to love God and love your fellow man. Sounds like believers in Jesus get a pass from having to go to hell for breaking one of those blessed Top Ten.

Which hell are you referring to anyway. Hades, paradise, Sheol or Realm of the dead? Lots of words in the Bible translated as hell. Some say paradise is heaven, some say it is hell, some say it is neither and is just a place dead people's spirits go.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Jesus said to love God and love your fellow man. Sounds like believers in Jesus get a pass from having to go to hell for breaking one of those blessed Top Ten.

Freddie - imagine that you have no consciousness of god, but love your fellow man as jesus may have meant. Do you think, he would be happy with you?

If you say yes, would this mean that there could really be just one commandment?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Freddie - imagine that you have no consciousness of god, but love your fellow man as jesus may have meant. Do you think, he would be happy with you?

If you say yes, would this mean that there could really be just one commandment?
Wow What a Question. Jesus said if you do this unto the least of these my brethren you have done it unto me.

So I suppose one could say it is impossible to love one's neighbor as yourself without loving God. One could say that God is as you understand him to be.

Some say that our conscience is in fact God's spirit in us telling us what is right and what is wrong.

Then one could say that a person who truly has "no conscience" in fact does not have God in him or her.

Since I do believe in God, I can understand God's spirit being there to guide if we really listen and hear his voice.

For those who don't believe in God or say that they don't know, I'm sure there would be another answer for this.

For me, it is impossible to truly love my neighbor as myself without the spirit of God being within a person. Not many people truly love their neighbor as they love themselves.

But then Christians believe that all people get a pass from God to go to heaven. What people do with that pass is up to them. I don't think God will make someone go to heaven that doesn't want to go.

There are too many words translated into the word hell to believe that hell is a literal place. I believe in heaven. I don't believe in hell as a place. Hell is what we go through here on earth because of our own foolishness.