Terror Turkey!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Very Funny! It reminded me of when a friend and I were chased in Central Park by what we thought were squirrels on crack. :redface:

Somehow a squirrel got into an apartment I lived in in Boston many years ago. I was so panicked that I had to call my then-partner to leave work and help me get it out :redface:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow - I'm cooking one of those suckers! *evil laugh*

Um, turkey, not a squirrel - Canadians eat turkey just like our American cousins. :smile:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is the time of year the Australia Magpies are nesting and they really terrorise cyclists bad. They swoop down on ya and strike a mean blow to the back of the neck or latch out at ya ears!!! Enough to draw blood - poor little kids get struck all the time as they play outside..So watch out for those aussie magpies~~~!!!!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Birds are weird and more frightening than any squirrel. I got dive bombed by crows in Victoria BC one afternoon and it was the most terrifying two minutes of my life.

When my daughter was younger she would spend a few weeks in the summer at my sister,s farm. Sis kept 8 or 10 turkeys as part of her menagerie. The only way the kid could go outside without being harassed by the turkeys, was with Jesse the Rottweiler by her side. The birds didn't harass any one else if the kid was on the farm. My sister really liked have her there because the birds left her alone as long as kiddo was on the property! It was so hilarious to watch them eyeballing the house waiting for her to emerge.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Many years ago, we adopted a friend's pet duck which turned into a complete psycho. We put it in the same pen as the chickens - bad idea! It got very over-protective and dived at anyone who went to collect the eggs. We moved it out of the chicken run, but it still attacked and swooped. My dad trimmed one of its wings so it would have trouble flying but it still got nasty and just attacked on foot.

In the end it got too much for us, so we gave it to an animal rescue sanctuary.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My one good bird story is partly because I was freaked out by the movie The Birds. Many years later I met someone from Bodega Bay and was shocked and awed that it was a real place. I was somewhat apprehensive about visiting because the movie... But I did visit...
All went well the whole weekend (it's really a very charming place) but coming out of a restaurant on the last night two birds dive bombed toward my head... I just flipped out and I have never returned to Bodega Bay.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BRIDE OF CLUCKY!

Oh, the part where the turkey's head emerged around the front of the car was when my constant snorts and giggles turned in hysterical laughter :biggrin1:

"Help! He's got my nuts!"

Here's the full squirrel story:

I was getting out of the shower, getting ready for working a shift that started at noon, when this squirrel ran across my feet. I have no idea why I was so terrified, but I was :redface:

It was wintertime, so my partner's snow-boots were left out and I practically jumped into them, then went to the kitchen to grab a broom. I stealthed around the apartment, my heart racing. I had it cornered in the dining room, but it ran like a bullet.

My whole body glistening with sweat, I shakily picked up the phone and called my partner at work. I was insistent that he drive back immediately and help me get that thing out of our home. He finally agreed, and was there in about fifteen minutes.

By then, the squirrel was in the living room, hanging on to a curtain rod like he was doing pull-ups, with his front paws. The moment my partner opened the door, he claimed to be able to smell the rank fear/stress sweat that I was emanating over thirty feet away and down a flight of stairs. When he got to the top of the stairs, he just started laughing: I was stark naked except for his enormous galoshes, holding a broom and completely incoherent with sheer panic!

It took him about two minutes to shoo the beast out the door with the broom, laughing hysterically the whole time. I needed another shower, then had to call work and explain why I was running behind. My boss laughed even harder than my partner, and I was ribbed for months about my terrifying encounter with a squirrel :biggrin1::tongue:

Birds are weird and more frightening than any squirrel. I got dive bombed by crows in Victoria BC one afternoon and it was the most terrifying two minutes of my life.

When my daughter was younger she would spend a few weeks in the summer at my sister,s farm. Sis kept 8 or 10 turkeys as part of her menagerie. The only way the kid could go outside without being harassed by the turkeys, was with Jesse the Rottweiler by her side. The birds didn't harass any one else if the kid was on the farm. My sister really liked have her there because the birds left her alone as long as kiddo was on the property! It was so hilarious to watch them eyeballing the house waiting for her to emerge.

When I lived in CT we had tons of wild turkeys around, and I don't remember any of them being aggressive at all. However, we did have a rather sizable Chocolate Lab, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Down here in SoFla, Mockingbirds get extremely aggressive when they've got a nest, and will dive at you kamikaze style if you come within ten feet of the tree. I have also seen gulls snatch food from my blanket on the beach: ugh!