The 'Average' Guy

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by m_lucas89, Nov 16, 2010.

1. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Hey everyone, guys and girls alike. My intention for this thread is to not start some kind of riot or arguement post. I hope we can talk civilly.
    I have an above-average dick, close around 6.5 inches. Most of the guys on this site with big dicks are around 7 or 8 inches long, however, this is a pretty small population in our society. Given that, I was wondering how you guys view average dicks, around 5 inches long, give or take a bit. It seems too often we classify dicks below 6 inches to be 'small', when in actuality the average scale of dicks is between 4 and a little or 5 inches.

2. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    Small Less than 5 inches
    Average 5.5 - 6.5 inches
    Big 7 - 8 inches
    Huge >8 inches

That's how I see it.

3. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Don't you think that might be a bit of exaggeration? I'm sure guys will add at least an inch to their real size when talk about it with other dudes. I don't get why guys can't just realize the truth.

4. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    No, I don't think that's much of an exxageration. The average dick is about 5-6 inches. At least that's what most scientific research says. And, I'd say that about half of the guys will add an inch when talking about their own dick. (the bigger guys won't do that....they will just show you a pic of their erection next to a ruler).

5. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Yeah, you are right.
    It's just distressing for me to see guys get so upset over dick size when 5" inches isn't small at all.

(I recently encountered this first hand, hence the thread)

6. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    5 is average. It's the small side of average.
    But, honestly, if a man with a 5 inch dick is able to bring pleasure to his sexual partner, then I don't see a problem. Right?

7. mandoman

Gold Member

5.1 inches erect, is the average, from a recent study which measured erect men from all over the planet, about 10,000 of them.

8. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

Here is a set of terms I think makes sense.

Attached Files:

9. stlguy112000

stlguy112000 Member

In my experience with guys, most are in the 5 to 6 range, & I've also found that there doesn't seem to be many truly hung guys out there, I mean a true 7 & or bigger, a big one is hard to find. I've also found that most guys will exagerate their size, like say they have 7 & show up with 6, it's very frustrating because I'm a cocksucker & a size guy, my turn-on is size.

10. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Whenever you get into the realm of perception, as opposed to fact, everything is more complicated.

There seems to be no getting around that we widely consider absolutely average sized dicks to be "small," a kind of reverse Lake Wobegon where everyone is below average. It leads to no end of anguish in regular and healthy young men who fear that they are not good enough, and some overblown egos in the well endowed - who think that big is all there is to it.

Still, the rule in sociology is that "things perceived to be real have real consequences." Here is my favorite example: In a recent survey about penis sizes of men it was found that when broken out by race (itself a contested concept) there was no difference in the average sizes or distribution of sizes between African-American men and their pale brethren. BUT, 70% of the African-Americans considered themselves well-endowed, but only 30% of the white men did.

A five incher, in our society, is "small" in many situations just because it is perceived to be. If it leads to a lack of confidence and adjusted behavior, then it may turn out that 5 inches is, indeed, small in both objective and subjective terms.

WE can take hope in reverse of this situation, however. A guy with 4 inches and a healthy attitude can also be "big." All depends on how he plays it, how his partner receives it, and how soon we figure out that the excitement of size is mostly visual. When you turn the lights out, other things matter more.

PS: Speaking of the excitement of the visual, great gallery there Mr. OP.

11. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am 6 foot and around 210#'s and I can only see my dick from above or in a mirror
    I am always told I am not as big as i claim to be but I really am above average
    anyone want to help me measure?

12. dong-in-khakis

dong-in-khakis New Member

Small to me is below 5 inches. 5 to 6 is average.

Big and long is cool, but in my opinion some of the best looking cocks I've ever seen were average. I have learned over the years that big or long does not always constitute for hot. To me it's overall shape, coloring, head type, veins, etc.

I'm average length, 6 hard, but seriously some of the hotteest I've seen were average. The one I'm posting may be a bit longer than average, but just feast your eyes on this specimen of perfection.

Speaking of perfection, how many of you remember or have seen (in my opinion) LPSG's all time finest member, Hardguard?

Not trying to start a debate guys.. Last time I mentioned Hardgaurd I got several comments in return saying "mine (or someone else's) is hotter."

Attached Files:

13. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    and guys here add 2-3 inches frequently

14. bigboy190

bigboy190 New Member

I agree, some guys do exagerate there size,but the average is around 5 to 6ins, any thing above 6.5 is above the average, as a nudist i see an above the norm; when it come to cocks, its good to see nice looking cocks,and to be looked at.but most guys i have seen are flaccid and its difficult to see how big he will be when erect.any way as long as your partner is happy with your size it doesn't matter

15. Redheadchi

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder how many people will print this off and use it to measure instead of a ruler,lol.

16. hungthickone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So.. tell me when does one go from big to hung to huge, I think its big if its 6.6 + and 5.5+girth, hung range in 7-9 with 6+thick, and huge is 9.5 up and 7 thick. But there is a distinction between them just as there is between average and big thats very subjective.

17. alx

alx
    Gold Member

I view 5" the Same as most people I would imagine, just an average size cock like most the worlds population have. Just because I'm bigger than average doesn't mean I under rate normal size cocks.

18. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Guys, firstly, I want to thank all of you for your kindness and understanding.
    Secondly, I agree with you all. It's really distressing to see guys obsess over dick size when even three inches would be awesome, if the guy knew what he was doing. A lot of the time, big dicks are just 'pretty' or cool to look at, and that's what it come down to.
    I really hope there's a change in how we talk about dicks and how we view them. Hopefully this discussion will some day be happening among real dudes.

19. sargon20

Gold Member

The interesting thing is height seems to be more of a turn-on than dick size since we're talking inches.

20. earllogjam

Gold Member

I'm a big fan of average sized dicks. They're just a bit more easy to suck and easy up the ass. Big cock may look enticing but average sized ones just feel and fit better sucking and fucking IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted