The most irritating cliche of modern TV/movies?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw this video, it's pure brilliance reminded me that THIS is quite possibly the most overused cliche in recent tv/film history.

Any other cliche suggestions?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The thing I have noticed in a lot of movie endings and it really winds me up is when crowds of people stand around clapping and cheering. This tends to happen after most of the planet has been wiped out and a few survive.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The thing I have noticed in a lot of movie endings and it really winds me up is when crowds of people stand around clapping and cheering. This tends to happen after most of the planet has been wiped out and a few survive.

Especially cliched if it ends with a freeze frame :biggrin1:

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's the big sizzling crash of cymbals along with swelling strings that gets to me.

Oh yeah - also the faux Gregorian chants done to emphatic drums. I recently sat through a spate of previews in which half of 'em featured that same corny soundtrack. I began wondering if they were recycling.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The typical convo that goes:-

"stay right here, i'll be back in a minute"
"wait, don't leave me here on my own"
"don't worry, everything will be fine"

Then within a minute:-

"aaaarrrrgggghhhh" Queue frantic running before a blank face stares at the screen with blood pouring from the head.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooooh I have another one -

Opening a bathroom mirror cabinet and nothing is in reflection / close door and RAAR! there's the monster!

nowayzomg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ooooh I have another one -

Opening a bathroom mirror cabinet and nothing is in reflection / close door and RAAR! there's the monster!

lol that happens waay too much, it's so predictable.

Animals in disaster films is what I hate. It's like.. "Who cares if millions of people died, don't let the puppy suffer!" (Independence Day jumping dog scene)

B_cloverboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Animals in disaster films is what I hate. It's like.. "Who cares if millions of people died, don't let the puppy suffer!" (Independence Day jumping dog scene)

Exactly!!! I was just watching part of The Day after Tomorrow on TV and the people who don't want to let in the homeless man's dog are made to look evil, it's ridiculous.

Oh, I also hate how the protagonist(s) will try to alert authorities/the public and nobody ever listens until its "too late."

nowayzomg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, I also hate how the protagonist(s) will try to alert authorities/the public and nobody ever listens until its "too late."

That happens way too much. The crazy guy has been working on something for years and now the fate of the world is in his hands and knowledge, lol. :knockedout: