The Official 'Bitch About It' Thread

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It was in a news story the other day about the building industry being sexist.

Lets get something straight. I'm a bricklayer, mason by trade. Licenced Builder. I have known in my time one female brickie. Worked her arse off. Most young blokes these days don't cut it, let alone young women.

This business of equal pay for equal work just does not exist in the real world if anyone, from any sex does not get the hard yards bit. Sexist my arse.

Try and find anyone these days that is not of their face is near extraordinary.

It pisses me off no end.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Peanut Butter & Co's Crunchy Peanut Butter

Sooooo salty. Like, the dredges of 1000 bags of salted peanuts dumped into a jar salty. Like I tasted it and my blood pressure went up salty. I am now 35% beef jerky salty. Started Twitter beef with Lizzo and Taylor Swift salty.

Uughhh
That sounds hideous. PB is about the delicate balance of sweet, salty, and doggies licking the roof of their mouths.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
If you lived back in the time.......being turned into a pillar of salt just because you looked back over your shoulder................
Oh, there’s not a Lot to that.

Women having the right to decide what happens to their own bodies triggers them so much they have to get Big Government (which they claim to hate) involved in my sex organs.

I expect every single one of these "pro-life" assholes to sign up to donate a kidney if they have a healthy pair IMMEDIATELY. You're so pro-life, right? You'd do ANYTHING to save someone on the brink of death if you could, right? You're willing to force people capable of pregnancy to carry a fetus to term, you should be willing to go through a kidney donation to save someone who is literally dying right now and waiting for a transplant.
Aren’t these the same people who thought a paper mask was a huuuuuiuge infringement on their bodily autonomy?

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
The bible is one of the biggest pro-abortion texts ever published. Of course, the Fundies will never acknowledge those parts since it's not like they actually read their own fairy tales.

Oh come on now

We all KNOW that the bible is NOT for "reading'

The bible is for "thumpin"

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh come on now

We all KNOW that the bible is NOT for "reading'

The bible is for "thumpin"
saved-bible-throw.gif

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was in a news story the other day about the building industry being sexist.

Lets get something straight. I'm a bricklayer, mason by trade. Licenced Builder. I have known in my time one female brickie. Worked her arse off. Most young blokes these days don't cut it, let alone young women.

This business of equal pay for equal work just does not exist in the real world if anyone, from any sex does not get the hard yards bit. Sexist my arse.

Try and find anyone these days that is not of their face is near extraordinary.

It pisses me off no end.

I contracted with the same mason on most of my jobs. He was in his 60s, and he was so patient with me. I could watch him work all day. So I asked him to show me some tricks of the trade. He said he became an apprentice in his teens and has been doing it for almost 50 years. I don't think if I did it for 60 years that I could be anywhere as good or as fast as he is.

His helpers are all great, too. They've been with him for years. He said he's had many wanna be masons come and go. It take a real love for the craft to stick with it.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I contracted with the same mason on most of my jobs. He was in his 60s, and he was so patient with me. I could watch him work all day. So I asked him to show me some tricks of the trade. He said he became an apprentice in his teens and has been doing it for almost 50 years. I don't think if I did it for 60 years that I could be anywhere as good or as fast as he is.

His helpers are all great, too. They've been with him for years. He said he's had many wanna be masons come and go. It take a real love for the craft to stick with it.
Hi EP, hope all is going ok on the other side of the world? Heard about the Stagflation? Bit of an issue there?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know you had a go at picking up a trowel, did he get you loading out, setting up scaffolding, mixing the mortar, laying (cinder blocks there, Besser Blocks here?) The cream is the actual laying, like everything most of the work is in preparation.

I have given my trowel to many people, and kids in my time to give them a go. It's not until you have laid many thousands, in not just straight walls, but arches, curved walls, fireplaces and all other masonry...big person Lego I call it :), that one appreciates, or hates the craft or art of Mason, Brickie.

60 years old.....did he creak when he bent over like I do :)

Reactions: EllieP and LaFemme

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi EP, hope all is going ok on the other side of the world? Heard about the Stagflation? Bit of an issue there?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know you had a go at picking up a trowel, did he get you loading out, setting up scaffolding, mixing the mortar, laying (cinder blocks there, Besser Blocks here?) The cream is the actual laying, like everything most of the work is in preparation.

I have given my trowel to many people, and kids in my time to give them a go. It's not until you have laid many thousands, in not just straight walls, but arches, curved walls, fireplaces and all other masonry...big person Lego I call it :), that one appreciates, or hates the craft or art of Mason, Brickie.

60 years old.....did he creak when he bent over like I do :)

I was very interested in mixing the mortar. That took the most time for me, and I rarely got it right. Too wet or too dry. He always knew how to fix it, but he could never tell me how. He just knew! Maddening!

Reactions: seventiesdemon

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People who ask an opinion but when it isn't the one they want to hear or that reinforces their world bias, they get pissy and either want to shut down the conversation or attack the respondent's credibility.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People who ask an opinion but when it isn't the one they want to hear or that reinforces their world bias, they get pissy and either want to shut down the conversation or attack the respondent's credibility.
Spot on.

And this in a nutshell IMO is why the Politics Forum here should remain shut down.

Too many of these types of folks who frequented that Forum who claimed to want discussion/debate, and when their particular opinions or musing were challenged, bam, the drama began: Arguing, name calling, yo Mama, etc. ;)

And MOTO, I think as a cat guy, you'll understand I'd rather try and herd cats than have to moderate the Politics Forum here ever again. Especially given the current global situation. :dizzy:

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Spot on.

And this in a nutshell IMO is why the Politics Forum here should remain shut down.

Too many of these types of folks who frequented that Forum who claimed to want discussion/debate, and when their particular opinions or musing were challenged, bam, the drama began: Arguing, name calling, yo Mama, etc. ;)

And MOTO, I think as a cat guy, you'll understand I'd rather try and herd cats than have to moderate the Politics Forum here ever again. Especially given the current global situation. :dizzy:
While I agree with your premise, we'll have to agree to disagree with the shuttering of the politics section, but that is a debate for another day. But even with its demise those whose only calling seems to be to annoy or to think that their personal experience or views should be representative of the majority of a group will simply find some other haunt...AASM for one.

Despite being a cat guy, they are in many ways still a mystery and I unfortunately haven't found many situations where the solution to a problem could be found by being more "cat-like". Kitty and human ways are simply a world apart and similar behavior is received differently. Take the action of a kitten washing it's kibbles & bits with it's tongue in a room full of humans, which for most people will elicit an "Aw, that's so cute!" While a human doing the same in a room full of other humans will usually get you on a list you really don't want to be on (Hint: don't try this at home. Unless you're home alone. And you're really flexible.)

Yeah, and cats don't listen to you either when you tell them to do something...which I think is the point you were trying to make. :emoji_smile_cat:

Reactions: Fredneck1951

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Spot on.

I still want that section back. I just fuckin do. I'm not a moderator, so my views aren't the same. But as a reader of that section and someone who participated when I felt I had something to say, it wasn't just a flame war. It. Just. Wasn't. I learned in that section. My perspective expanded.

I know it's not gonna happen, but fuck my life if I'm not gonna voice my thoughts when I have the chance. It's all I got. So I'm doing it.

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The Politics Forum was low hanging fruit for organized trolls and nation state actors (yes they no shit exist and they did occupy space in this realm as well as any and every social media platform) to leverage the community and any other one they can to dominate information and messaging.

It is what it is. If you can vent across multiple forums as you are now it makes it harder for the bastards to exploit a vulnerability.

Freedom of speech isn't free

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The Politics Forum was low hanging fruit for organized trolls and nation state actors (yes they no shit exist and they did occupy space in this realm as well as any and every social media platform) to leverage the community and any other one they can to dominate information and messaging.

It is what it is. If you can vent across multiple forums as you are now it makes it harder for the bastards to exploit a vulnerability.

Freedom of speech isn't free
I found most members who were either gold, identified or financial weren't much of an issue. The Europeans were a pretty well behaved bunch..........mostly :)