Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can understand why people get circumcised for medical reasons - phimosis, tight or damaged foreskin etc. I think it's a very dubious practice when done on babies (unless there's a specific medical reason) and can be considered a form of genital mutilation, as the child doesn't have a choice.

I also can't understand why some people without specific medical reasons are circumcised voluntarily as adults. I'm certainly glad to be "uncut".

Matt_L

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think unless it's medically advised then why do it to yourself or your son. I get it's personal preference thing so should of course be left down to the individual as it is their body.

People are saying that boys should be getting their foreskin removed when they are young so that when they are in high school they won't feel like the odd one out being uncut in the locker room, surely though if parents stopped circumcising their sons then that wouldn't even be an issue. It shouldn't be done before a boy is old enough to decide for himself. Also getting it done to look like everybody else is far from a valid reason. The pros and cons should be laid out in full and before a decision is made.

Being cut is not as common where I live so of course that is going to have a bearing on my views in regards to circumcision.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apologies, I should have been clearer in my earlier post - I could have just let it go, and will probably get lots of negative responses by clarifying things. I am personally not against infant circumcision. I had it done and am really happy that it was. When I talked about a joint decision I was referring to my wife. If it something we are both happy with then I see no reason not to do it.

I appreciate this is not everyones opinion and I would not seek to change others views, I am just stating my experience and thoughts as asked by the OP.
I am circumcised and happy. I had it done as a baby so I've never known any different, but wouldn't want to be uncut. I'm from the UK where circumcision is certainly not common but I have had a positive experience of being cut. There was never any serious teasing at school when others found out as some people say. Maybe I was just lucky. I've also had no complaints from any women, some were glad I cut, others just not that bothered. Personally I prefer being circumcised, I think it is better this way, but I appreciate that not everyone thinks that this is the case. If I had a son I would be happy to have him circumcised, but the decision would not just be up to me - it would be a joint decision and we would have to take into account lots of factors.
I am circumcised and happy. I had it done as a baby so I've never known any different, but wouldn't want to be uncut. I'm from the UK where circumcision is certainly not common but I have had a positive experience of being cut. There was never any serious teasing at school when others found out as some people say. Maybe I was just lucky. I've also had no complaints from any women, some were glad I cut, others just not that bothered. Personally I prefer being circumcised, I think it is better this way, but I appreciate that not everyone thinks that this is the case. If I had a son I would be happy to have him circumcised, but the decision would not just be up to me - it would be a joint decision and we would have to take into account lots of factors.
I seriously doubt YOU had it done as a baby. I think your parents made that decision for you.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm uncut and very happy with it. That being said I personally have nothing against circumcise. If you get it for medical reasons of cultural I see both as fine. My only annoyance is the erroneous view that being uncircumcised is unhygienic or dirty, please educate yourself. Yes some guys have bad hygiene, but has nothing to do with being cut or not, both types of cocks can smell hehehe

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm happy to hear that you're having the conversation with your friends, and that you're thinking about it on behalf of your future son before you actually have to make a choice.

My take on circumcision can be summed up by "His body, his choice". Circumcise when he's young if there's a medical reason; they are few, and rare, but real. In countries where baby boys are not routinely circumcised, there are very few subsequent circumcisions for medical reasons. Other than that, leave it alone.

One of the things that a lot of people don't realize about infant circumcision is that at birth, the foreskin is frequently naturally adherent to the head (glans) of the penis. It separates gradually over time. But taking the foreskin right after birth often means surgically cutting that adhesion.

Another good reason not to circumcise the newborn is that the doctor does not have a crystal ball about how the thing is going to grow, so how much to surgically remove is nothing better than a guess. Again, if medically necessary, make the best guess you can, but if not, why take that chance with someone else's body?

And after that, once he's an adult and can make the decision for himself, it's his decision. Whatever an adult wants to do with his own body parts is between him and his doctor.
A problem some people have about getting circumcised as an adult is the high financial cost. I know of a guy here on LPSG told me he did his own circumcision. He obtained a circumcision clamp online and did his own circumcision. I'm supposing the cost of having it done was too expensive. He may not have had medical insurance to pay for the operation. When I had myself circumcised in 1978 I added up all the expenses. They totalled $950 USD. I had medical insurance but it didn't pay very much on it. I paid over half of the cost myself. So I have no idea what the total cost would be in todays US dollars. I think that could be a problem in getting circumcised for some people. They just can't afford the cost. So it's much cheaper to circumcise as a new born. I would estimate the charge to have had me circumcised when I was born would have been between $10-$25, in 1943. Quite a difference between $950 in 1978.

Circumcision is a human rights violation. Circumcised cocks are scarred, dried out, have hairy shafts and their scrotums ride up onto the shaft as well. Intact cocks feel, function and look better, no scars, no hairy shaft, no dried out skin, no scrotal webbing, and also NO drying out sex, no chaffing during sex, no pain after sex, and far less likely to get ED if you're intact [uncut]. Fuck circumcision.

Totally agree.