tips for getting a 6pack.......

nano750

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You might not have a six pack but you do have the "v". Very nice.

What's your diet and workout like?

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
You might not have a six pack but you do have the "v". Very nice.

What's your diet and workout like?

my diet is not so good

fast walking 2 to 3 miles ever other day

should I increase it to 5-6miles?

bicep curls(mass to strength ratio sucks for me) lol

and some push ups also 20 or so hey last year i could do only none :rolleyes:

Truck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, you won't get a six pack through walking/bicep curls/pushups.

Abs become noticeable at a very low body fat %, which means for you, The most important thing to do is diet and exercise. Throw in some crunches every other day, which will help gain some muscle while you lose some flab

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Truck is right.

Basically, everyone has a six pack. Most people also have a totally healthy and normal pad of water weight and fat over it. To get rid of that you have to eat right (low sodium, balanced carbs, protein and fat) and cardio, cardio, cardio.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Truck is right.

Basically, everyone has a six pack. Most people also have a totally healthy and normal pad of water weight and fat over it. To get rid of that you have to eat right (low sodium, balanced carbs, protein and fat) and cardio, cardio, cardio.

i cut the soda out

-880 calories

Stomach deflated quite a bit

guess I had a lot of Gas i will post some new pics later

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i cut the soda out

-880 calories

Stomach deflated quite a bit

Yeah, pop is terrible for people trying to cut fat. It's canned sugar, really, and gets converted to fat almost instantly. I'm told that sugar also helps you retain water, which you don't want if you're looking to look shredded.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah, pop is terrible for people trying to cut fat. It's canned sugar, really, and gets converted to fat almost instantly. I'm told that sugar also helps you retain water, which you don't want if you're looking to look shredded.

I do live in the Desert but my body all ready adaptive to the Desert conditions. I do not even start sweating tell it hits at lest 100F-110F (37.7C to 43.3C)

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations! You look great. P.S. My ideal body weight is 155, but I have to work up, not down. I'm jealous.

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
My trainer always tells folks, if you have to drink soda, make it DIET COKE; which is good for me seeing Im addicted to the stuff. Something else that will tone you in no time is swimming. My goal every week is 50-60 laps in 30 minutes 4 days a week.

I know a fat ass I used to work with who weights 400 lbs and drinks 17 total cans of regular Coke and Sunkist a day.

That said, Im trying to shed some weight I put on after hip surgery so Im off to do a hour and a half of cardio right now.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your Getting there. What's your training and diet like now?

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nice job so far!!
To get from where you are now to where you want to be (six pack), is going to require very healthy eating almost 100% of the time.
Challenge yourself to two weeks of cutting out all processed sugars and carbs (no sweets, no soda, no chips, no white bread/rice, no alcohol) and focus on eating a LOT of fresh veggies (steamed or raw), brown rice and whole grains, lean meats (chicken breast), lowfat cottage cheese (no carbs, all protein) and fresh fruit and nuts. Here's a sample day's diet:

Wake-up: Protein powder with water or milk (about 35g protein)
Breakfast: 5-minute cook oatmeal (McCann's from Trader Joe's is great - has no added sugar) with a banana, blueberries, walnuts and cinnamon. (Do NOT use flavored instant oatmeal!)
Mid-morning snack: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup almonds, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, 2 tbsp flax seed oil (for omega-3 fatty acids)
Lunch: Chicken breast, brocolli, brown rice
3 p.m. snack: Apple slices with almond butter
Dinner: Mixture of steamed leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc.) steamed beet slices, steamed yam slices, cottage cheese
Before bed or after workout: 35 g protein powder with water

This is just a sample but I think it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. There is pretty much nothing in this sample diet that has sugar added to it, and there are no empty carbs either. If you can manage to eat like this for two weeks and keep up with strong cardio and abs strength work, you will see a difference AND you'll have a LOT more energy than ever before. Once you get rid of sugar and work out more, you crave sugar less and crave working out even more. Eating like this does take time and work, but if you want the six pack, you've got to put in the effort.
Having a "cheat meal" once a week where you eat anything you want for one meal will give you something to look forward to and work toward during the week, and will keep you from going crazy with all this boringly healthy food! (It works for me at least!)
Good luck!!

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Your Getting there. What's your training and diet like now?

I lift some weights for 20min 20 Pounds (I do plan on getting a barbell set soon) and a fast walk about 15min per mile
for 2-3miles

eating 1200-1500 calories per day
lot's of Protein

Nice job so far!!
To get from where you are now to where you want to be (six pack), is going to require very healthy eating almost 100% of the time.
Challenge yourself to two weeks of cutting out all processed sugars and carbs (no sweets, no soda, no chips, no white bread/rice, no alcohol) and focus on eating a LOT of fresh veggies (steamed or raw), brown rice and whole grains, lean meats (chicken breast), lowfat cottage cheese (no carbs, all protein) and fresh fruit and nuts. Here's a sample day's diet:

Wake-up: Protein powder with water or milk (about 35g protein)
Breakfast: 5-minute cook oatmeal (McCann's from Trader Joe's is great - has no added sugar) with a banana, blueberries, walnuts and cinnamon. (Do NOT use flavored instant oatmeal!)
Mid-morning snack: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup almonds, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, 2 tbsp flax seed oil (for omega-3 fatty acids)
Lunch: Chicken breast, brocolli, brown rice
3 p.m. snack: Apple slices with almond butter
Dinner: Mixture of steamed leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc.) steamed beet slices, steamed yam slices, cottage cheese
Before bed or after workout: 35 g protein powder with water

This is just a sample but I think it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. There is pretty much nothing in this sample diet that has sugar added to it, and there are no empty carbs either. If you can manage to eat like this for two weeks and keep up with strong cardio and abs strength work, you will see a difference AND you'll have a LOT more energy than ever before. Once you get rid of sugar and work out more, you crave sugar less and crave working out even more. Eating like this does take time and work, but if you want the six pack, you've got to put in the effort.
Having a "cheat meal" once a week where you eat anything you want for one meal will give you something to look forward to and work toward during the week, and will keep you from going crazy with all this boringly healthy food! (It works for me at least!)
Good luck!!

on a tight budget so it's hard to get food that is minimally processed foods

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Killer diet plan, Buzzrider.

It is always good to try and figure out what your Base Metabolic Rate is. This will give you an idea of how many calories you are burning without doing any exercise at all. Then, based on your exercise level, you can figure out what more or less you should take in based on your goals.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Killer diet plan, Buzzrider.

It is always good to try and figure out what your Base Metabolic Rate is. This will give you an idea of how many calories you are burning without doing any exercise at all. Then, based on your exercise level, you can figure out what more or less you should take in based on your goals.

it's about -600 calories per day, doing exercise.