Trouble Getting Flat Stomach

Here's a few videos that I found helpful. Great to add on to the end of your workout since they aren't too long. If you get to feeling good about it, use the videos twice to get two sets. I have a small TV in my home gym to watch these on but you can do them with your phone too. Good for keeping you moving and changing up the exercises.

Three minute "Fighter Core" routine
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Four-minute lower abs
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Four-minute lower abs+obliques
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Here's a few videos that I found helpful. Great to add on to the end of your workout since they aren't too long. If you get to feeling good about it, use the videos twice to get two sets. I have a small TV in my home gym to watch these on but you can do them with your phone too. Good for keeping you moving and changing up the exercises.

Three minute "Fighter Core" routine
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Four-minute lower abs
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Four-minute lower abs+obliques
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A trainer at Planet fitness said you can't exercise to a chiseled six pack, but you need to eat, or tailor your diet to get there. But then, I was told there are other factors like age, how separated your muscles are from your abdominal walls, amounts of excess skin from your weight loss.
 
A trainer at Planet fitness said you can't exercise to a chiseled six pack, but you need to eat, or tailor your diet to get there. But then, I was told there are other factors like age, how separated your muscles are from your abdominal walls, amounts of excess skin from your weight loss.
Another way to put it.... Abs are made in the kitchen.
And to sum up your factors.... genetics!
 
Consider the composition of your calories... Try exchanging some carbohydrates for protein or vegetables.

Please don't obsess. I bet that you look much better than you believe. You don't want to develop an anorexia-like self perception of yourself.
 
Consider the composition of your calories... Try exchanging some carbohydrates for protein or vegetables.

Please don't obsess. I bet that you look much better than you believe. You don't want to develop an anorexia-like self perception of yourself.

Agreed on the protein and vegetables and MAJOR KEY ALERT on not being obsessed. You have to appreciate what you have. I get a lot of compliments and stuff, and most of the time I don't even see what they see because I'm so focused on being better because I know there's better out there than me. I'm much better about it now but it's a really unhealthy approach. Also, your body type is your body type, that's just genetics. I had a fitness friend that was obsessed like that. Mind you guys, well I'm sure you've seen my photos. I'm not a big guy at all, i'm a swimmers build and like 136 lbs and 11 percent body fat. My fitness friend (not really friends anymore? I don't know, he's weird, lol) told me that was too big and that he wants to get down to 115 lbs. So there's days where he don't even eat. I want to show a pic of him by the way:

Image-1.jpeg
Image-3.jpeg
Image-4.jpeg


We'd exchange pics of guys with the best abs what our goals are. He wanted to look like this guy:

IMG_8917-1.JPG


So yeah, I mean kudos to the guy because he's in great shape. In fact he's got some of the most defined abs I've seen, more defined than mine for sure. But, that's just not healthy. It has to be natural to you, whatever your goal is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HorseHung40's
Not trying to be unhealthy or anything. I eat my meals and workout. Just curious if there is something I am missing that could be preventing me from having a flat stomach

Well, you'd have to give more details, like do you not have a flat stomach? Like what are you trying to have?
 
Well, you'd have to give more details, like do you not have a flat stomach? Like what are you trying to have?

I am looking for something like this:

6-Moves-for-6-Pack-Abs-from-Personal-Trainers.jpg


Want to be flat with waist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: neutrno and Gj816
Weighted jump rope, mountain climbers, donkey kicks, flutter kicks, pulse ups. Diet was, I'd eat more protein, not just meat though, so veggies, drink lots of water. And you need a stick eating schedule. I recommend not eating after six unless small light stuff like almonds or something. Hope this helps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gj816
You're a thin guy with fat just on your abs, probably. Getting rid of this kind of fat is difficult. I have fat on my butt and hips that resist any weightloss. Not that I care, but it's a fact.

I've been reading about ketogenic diets and fasting and this led me to autophagy. They claim that if your fast is such that you're into autophagy state, loose skin, skin age marks together with lots of bad things in your body will disappear, as your body will take all non essentials and make fuel of them.

I don't know if it's true and I'm not a physician. I'm just saying that if this is really annoying you, perhaps it'd be worth to take a look into autophagy. Perhaps this could help getting rid of localized fat.

If you do decide to fast, make sure you're doing it safely. They say it could be dangerous for some people who take some medications like diabetics. They should do it only under supervision to have their medicine adjusted.

I think probably everyone who'd want to fast should see a doctor first.
 
Have you ever had a weight issue
Once fat forms it can stick I've seen anorexics with lower belly fat..I was a chubby kid at 16 puberty hit boom I was 6'4 and looked like a man except my.lower abs were not happening flat but not perfect..I had liposculpture to bring in my Adonis belt and make my ass round and defined and had a few tweaks in my fave too lol I even had lower ab implants to give me an 8 pack I could do six if you want perfect and youve ever had any fat on you that may not be attainable without surgery.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marco86