Tye sheridan

matt4444

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Saw an interview with TYE talking about the movie. He's the exe producer and this is also his production company's first movie of this size. He said he was willing to do anything to get this movie made on a shoestring budget.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
studios don't send instruction notes to the film ratings board explaining movie decisions. Ratings are done anonymously. So in essence the ratings board doesn't know if it's a prosthetic or a real cock or if it's a merkin or a real vagina. They are same as us, same as the audience.

So the argument you can't show real erect cock but can a prosthetic erect cock doesn't hold up because the board doesn't know the difference
That is correct about notes. However, when reviewing the film, board gives it an initial NC-17 rating. The studio/producers reaches out and asks why? Well there is an erect penis in the film that appears to look real. Producers clarify. It's actually a prosthetic. They appeal and the film is now Rated R. They will also bring it up before rating to clarify with producers if the erect dick they saw in the film was a prosthetic or not.

Again, a rated R film can't showcase an erect dick. Now with your argument. Are you stating the producers lied to the film board since it actually has a real erect dick (it doesn't matter how long it appeared or brief)? Which means the film has the wrong rating? That's a big accusation. I hope you have facts to back that up. Are you also stating the film board was negligent and didn't give a proper rating due to a mistake on their end? I mean it's a real erect dick and all and is Rated R instead of NC-17.

Reactions: patrickpenis

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
Again, a rated R film can't showcase an erect dick. Now with your argument. Are you stating the producers lied to the film board since it actually has a real erect dick (it doesn't matter how long it appeared or brief)? Which means the film has the wrong rating? That's a big accusation. I hope you have facts to back that up. Are you also stating the film board was negligent and didn't give a proper rating due to a mistake on their end? I mean it's a real erect dick and all and is Rated R instead of NC-17.
You're assuming that that dick barely glimpsed by LPSG perverts in freeze-frame is actually fully erect, Mr. MPAA.

It's barely visible in the footage. It is entirely possible it is not fully erect and therefore not an issue. You're so hung up on your subjective interpretation of both the footage and the law as a civilian on the Internet, you're missing the forest for the trees.

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You're assuming that that dick barely glimpsed by LPSG perverts in freeze-frame is actually fully erect, Mr. MPAA.

It's barely visible in the footage. It is entirely possible it is not fully erect and therefore not an issue. You're so hung up on your subjective interpretation of both the footage and the law as a civilian on the Internet, you're missing the forest for the trees.
He's not wrong at all though and I don't know why your treating him as such. Yeah if a few horny guys on a forum can find several frames of a dick you can bet your ass the team of people employed to notice such things aren't going to miss it. And before we see the prosthetic out in the open, we see it "tenting" the boxers Tye is wearing. No doubt it was supposed to be hard and you can't have hard dick in R rated movies. Pretty simple.

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
No doubt it was supposed to be hard and you can't have hard dick in R rated movies.
"Supposed to be hard" is not something the MPAA is going to rule on, sir. The question remains: Was it hard and did they see/rule on it? Neither of you have answers for that beyond 'trust my LPSG dick-spotting freeze frame skills.'

I work in the business myself, not on the MPAA side but I am very familiar with that. Trust me when I say they've let a lot slide lol. But I also don't see evidence that dick is definitely hard. Just people stating things with their whole chest with confidence that frankly is not earned.

Reactions: Westix

jhgns707

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Can you please cite your source? Specifically where it says how they rate films?
He's not wrong at all though and I don't know why your treating him as such. Yeah if a few horny guys on a forum can find several frames of a dick you can bet your ass the team of people employed to notice such things aren't going to miss it. And before we see the prosthetic out in the open, we see it "tenting" the boxers Tye is wearing. No doubt it was supposed to be hard and you can't have hard dick in R rated movies. Pretty simple.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Wow. I’m lost for words. And you used big words like pervert. But yet you are also posting on a forum called Large Penis Support Group. Is it worth commenting. Do I take the bait? lol. You really think the MPAA would miss something like this. The film is reviewed by multiple folks. And no producer is going to risk a rating other than R just to have a brief shot of a real erect dick. It’s not worth it. Think before making a comment.

Can you please cite your source? Specifically where it says how they rate films?
Google is your friend if you want to learn the process and what goes into it. But here is a PDF from 2020.

Folks this conversation is really pointless. The bottom line is and others have already pointed out. You can't have a "real" erect dick in a MPAA R rated movie. To put it plainly. Erect penis = NC-17. Flaccid penis = Rated R. It's that simple. Censors can't handle the "D" :)

I'm done. Back to Tye and this movie. I will say regardless of nudity. It seems like a really good movie. Look forward to seeing it next week. BTW it's on Apple TV for $15 bucks, preorder. So should drop in price rather soon.

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
You really think the MPAA would miss something like this. The film is reviewed by multiple folks. And no producer is going to risk a rating other than R just to have a brief shot of a real erect dick. It’s not worth it. Think before making a comment.
Is it erect though? I keep asking, bc I've looked at the same footage you have and I'm not convinced. Not seeing an answer. Thanks for stopping by though. :emoji_thumbsup:

xander_7

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

The MPAA makes no sense then, right? Cause y'all are saying this is an erect prosthetic dick, which would still earn the movie an NC-17 then.
Cause showing a fake prosthetic flaccid dick also earns a movie the 'graphic nudity' rating.
So the MPAA seemingly treats prosthetics just the same as a real dicks.

So the dick could be Tye's or a prosthetic, it wouldn't make a difference to the rating.

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The MPAA makes no sense then, right? Cause y'all are saying this is an erect prosthetic dick, which would still earn the movie an NC-17 then.
Cause showing a fake prosthetic flaccid dick also earns a movie the 'graphic nudity' rating.

So the dick could be Tye's or a prosthetic, it wouldn't make a difference to the rating.
With respect, none of what you said is correct.. Prosthetics both soft and hard are fine in R rated movies. Flaccid real nudity is fine in R rated movies. A real erect penis can not be in R rated movies. Quite simple.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
With respect, none of what you said is correct.. Prosthetics both soft and hard are fine in R rated movies. Flaccid real nudity is fine in R rated movies. A real erect penis can not be in R rated movies. Quite simple.
how do you know this?
Can you show me a movie with an erect prosthetic dick that was rated R?

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media

this is what I was saying

It being real or prosthetic doesn't matter to the ratings board. That argument doesn't even make sense!

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Is it erect though? I keep asking, bc I've looked at the same footage you have and I'm not convinced. Not seeing an answer. Thanks for stopping by though. :emoji_thumbsup:
That’s actually a fair question. It’s cam footage so maybe we are all jumping the gun until we see it in 4K quality.

And to the folks talking about well a prosthetic is still hard. I see your point, but it doesn’t matter. I do remember one R rated film which had a prosthetic erect dick was South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. Funny enough they got away with it at that time since it was shown to be detached from the body. That's how you got that gag with Saddam Hussein's fake penis in. To this day the MPAA regrets giving that movie a R rating. So context does matter. But if this indeed a real erect dick then it’s possible there was a loophole they took advantage of. Who knows?

One thing most do agree on is that the MPAA can be inconsistent with their rules and ratings. Which is why they are always butting heads with producers.

Brod

Legendary Member
Media
Is there actually an MPAA rule that says you can't show an erect penis in an R-rated movie, though, or is it it just the type of assumption that gets passed around as fact online?

Because I can think of at least two instances where of erections in R-rated films. Two Moon Junction (brief, so it might go unnoticed unless you're specifically pausing to see it, which might actually make it comparable to this film. I think the dvd version cuts out the erection because of re-framing, but it was present in both the theatrical and vhs version). More recently, Under the Skin also shows an erection, and here it is absolutely impossible to miss so I have to conclude that the MPAA just let it go. There's also Beach Rats. This one is debatable, but in one scene Harris Dickinson's penis looks too stiff and seems to be positioned in a way that suggests that it's not (at least completely) flaccid. Again, debatable, but then again so is this film.

Bottom line for me, unless Tye or someone else who was there during the filming of the scene speak about it, everything else is just hearsay.

jhgns707

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Is there actually an MPAA rule that says you can't show an erect penis in an R-rated movie, though, or is it it just the type of assumption that gets passed around as fact online?

Because I can think of at least two instances where of erections in R-rated films. Two Moon Junction (brief, so it might go unnoticed unless you're specifically pausing to see it, which might actually make it comparable to this film. I think the dvd version cuts out the erection because of re-framing, but it was present in both the theatrical and vhs version). More recently, Under the Skin also shows an erection, and here it is absolutely impossible to miss so I have to conclude that the MPAA just let it go. There's also Beach Rats. This one is debatable, but in one scene Harris Dickinson's penis looks too stiff and seems to be positioned in a way that suggests that it's not (at least completely) flaccid. Again, debatable, but then again so is this film.

Bottom line for me, unless Tye or someone else who was there during the filming of the scene speak about it, everything else is just hearsay.
That's what I'm waiting for. An interview or something from one of the cast or crew to confirm if it was real or not.

LAQueer

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are we talking about the final sex scene where an erect penis is visible for a split second? There are at least two other scenes where his penis is visible, but the scene is either dark or slightly out of focus. Don't know why they would even bother with a prosthetic if they never even focus on it. Hopefully, the screen caps can be scrutinized and we'll be able to find out then.

JediJesus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are we talking about the final sex scene where an erect penis is visible for a split second? There are at least two other scenes where his penis is visible, but the scene is either dark or slightly out of focus. Don't know why they would even bother with a prosthetic if they never even focus on it. Hopefully, the screen caps can be scrutinized and we'll be able to find out then.
CSI: LPSG is on the case!