Unkindness and WTW

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
Why is respect in quotes? What did you mean by "Thought so."? What did you mean by trying to get Dr. Dilznick to out himself? Why do you steadfastly ignore these questions? Maybe respect does belong in quotes. Maybe it is I who misplaced it.

Stop already. I wanted Dilz to own his skirmish on the board. That I assume you can see. That's what I meant by "out". But in the larger picture I'm done with this thing. Jana plays mean undoubtedly because someone was unkind to her as a child. Much as I sympathize I will not be on the receiving end of her tactics at displacing her own unhappiness. Fuck that.

I have no quarrel with anyone here Bronxy other than the obvious two. Beyond that I think you're just great but I'm done handling this thing in the public forum. I've gone elsewhere with it and we'll see how it unfolds.

Either way, this thing gives new meaning to the term "power corrupts".

All the best Bronxy, I meant nothing unkind toward you and I'm sorry if it was perceived by you in that manner. I enjoy nine tenths of the people on this board immensely. The rest.... well, they're the rest.

Peace out,
Richard

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
isn't there already a thread about this in the help desk forum

Yeah, this is how hard up for entertainment I am.

Stronzo, please feel free to post my PMs, I sent them to you so they are yours. Of course, I have yours as well, and I have never given a shit if someone posts my PMs. You lied again saying it was me who said it wasn't "cricket"- I don't even know what that means.

Thanks for proving my point so aptly, you are nutty.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
I've been trying to pinpoint exactly why I even give a shit, but here it is.

Since about October of last year, about six months, the site has been going through a series of hurricanes that just haven't stopped. Mark had to move the site several times in close proximity for various reasons, and there was a lot of down time. Time moves very fast online, and a few weeks lost was enough to leave the site feeling disoriented, and it was a group that had been pretty stable and close knit for the past couple years.

Immediately after that, actually still during, the site was sold. It was very unexpected, and the physical details of moving the site for the last time were not even finished, so Rob inherited a mess. Not only were the members scattered, but the site didn't even work. People get cranky when things don't work, so it's been a hard road to trudge. Most of you posting on this thread joined during that time, never really knowing what the site was about in more "normal" circumstances.

Immediately after that, Jacinto "died" and you all saw what unfolded there, another mess.

Immediately after (or before, now I don't remember) the British Channel 4 ran a most unflattering series of shows that brought out a huge number of trolls and disruptive behaviors to an already over-taxed site.

Immediately after that, Rob installed moderators, which the site hasn't had for several years. We've been trying desperately to restore the site to what it was before all the drama, but none of you even know what that is, so there's a resistance. You have no way of knowing that Etc. was ALWAYS the realm of the elitist snobs. It was unspoken, but always clearly understood that if you post in that section, you damned well better be able to hold up your end of the conversation, or be ridiculed. There has always been "lighter fare" available for those who want that, but for some of us, we've pretty much said most of what we had to say about cock and now we're friends who want to talk about things a little deeper. We never hesitated to flirt along the way, but the conversations had content, for the most part. Not legalistically, there were no Terms of Service (which I hate, by the way), nothing had to be spelled out, the members just let the newer ones joining know how it was and it worked fine. But then, we never had so many new members join in such a short period with no interest in what the site already was.

None of you have seen the way we talk to each other when we're discussing something of importance, like religion and politics. We get into knock-down drag-outs sometimes, and we still love each other. Some members are more polite and level headed, some are more emotional and given to outburst. I'll let you guess which one I am. :wink: But we're adults, and we know that people can disagree and still respect each other as people. We don't have to respect each other's views, or even their ways of presenting them.

None of you even know who jonb is. Gottabigone won't be around to post when there's nothing but crap to read. Drs. Rock and Dliznick aren't going to exert themselves to wade through to muck to post in the way only a bright mind can, you really don't know what you're missing. I read this section for probably three months before I dared utter a word here, and I learned to check my posts for typos too. I still cringe when I see some of my posts from the old board!

And I was inducted like everyone else. Yes, it's exciting to find this place, and I posted like a bitch in heat too when I first came. Then a few of the women told me in direct terms that I didn't have to answer every single post on every single thread- AND I GOT THE HINT.

I don't understand new people coming to a place already in existance and demanding it become something else. And I REALLY don't understand your objecting to the people who made it what it is trying to defend it. Boo hiss.

I don't know where the site's going now. What I do know is that my reasons for being here are not to be a moderator, as you can probably tell from my absolute dereliction of duty. I want to hear some brilliant mind pose a question or give an answer in a way I hadn't considered. Maybe post a link for further reading so I might actually learn something. Some people will use words I don't know and I'll have to look them up. Then sometimes things will get posted that I do have something to contribute to and I'll get to play too.

This place is a lot of different things to different people, but I really hope it doesn't become kindergarten recess.
_______________________________________-
And your point?

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pappy said:
You've completely missed the point. While I'm not at liberty to discuss it openly I can say WTW is not all she seems to be.
"Oh, you'll simply DIE when you find out"
"You won't beLIEVE it"
"No, I can't tell you"
"But, take my word for it. It's BIG; really big"

Who gives a big rats ass?

All I know is how Windtalkerways comes across here on the board.
It's such a refreshing change to log in here and have some fun instead of being dragged into idiotic little skirmishes by some shit disturbers who seem to get bored whenever it's peaceful around here.

You and MZ can go sit in your corner and giggle and whisper all day for all I care.

Windtalkerways: Ignore them.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
For the record, I'm not taking sides. Not true. I'm taking my side. And my side is that Windy didn't need to bury the offending thread, it would have buried itself eventually behind meaningful, appropriately located threads, especially since it was closed and could never be bumped. Dilz shouldn't have let it get to him so much. (Anything I can do to help with your bad mood, Dilzy?) And Stronzo (and this is the reason for this post in the first place) needs to own up when he's busted in a lie. C'mon man, I have too much respect for you. When youu lie and won't own up to it, it actually hurts my feelings. That's how highly I have come to regard you.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I lurked for almost a year before registering for this site. When I registered under "Goon", I didn't fill out my profile, posted infrequently and had no personal avatar. I lurked. When I made the decision to become a part of this community and "come into the light", I deleted my account and re-registered, announcing my arrival and the fact that I'd previously been registered under another name. I learned how the board operated in the time I sat back and observed. This site is primarily a big dick site. People come here because the have a big dick, like big dicks, are curious about big dicks or because the googled a sexually oriented issue and found their way here. I've since learned that it's also where the big brains gather. I was elated to find intelligent conversation. I am prone to fits of lust and silliness. I have been indirectly reprimanded for "grabass" and "fleshpile" posts. For the record, I will not stop these and never will. What I am willing to do is to cut down considerably as to not clog the board. Also, somewhere along the way I'd forgotten that "Et Cetera" has always been a forum of serious discussion, thanks MZ for reminding me.

As for recent events, my take is this: hateful threads directed at one member will not accomplish anything. The member in question will not hear a word you have to say while under attack. Mods have a thankless job. To anyone who intensely dislikes the job they are doing, I suggest you solicit Rob_E for a mod position. Remember, as in real life we will not all like each other. I have regular disagreements with members whom I hold in high regard.

Remember as we sling mud how others percieve us. We're not going to get our point across and we're not going to be taken seriously by the one person we target. At best we achieve character assassination, at worst it's bad form. This has turned into a schoolyard fight. If we allow someone to retain their dignity as we reprimand them for their posting misbehavior, they just may hear what we have to say.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pappy said:
It will all come to light in due time, go back and re-read this thread and if you pay close attention you just might figure things out for yourself.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've read the comments on this subject, here and the closed topic in the "help forum". Generally I'm more inclined to agree with English Gentleman, Stronzo, Alex, Jeff, Webster, and Chuck64's points of view, so no need to rehash all of that except to say that in my opinion, it is not an honorable, admirable, or mature thing to do to attack someone in a demeaning, hurtful, and/or embarassingly public way because, in your opinion, the person's posts are of little value. WTW (as i've said elsewhere) has always seemed to be a level headed, considerate person on this board, and didn't deserve, i think, that kind of public attack.

I also have gathered from several responses that some moderators feel that they, being people also, and therefore, also flawed, should have the right to express themselves as they see fit, even if it comes across as harsh, hostile, or over the top. I tend to disagree with this point of view.

Moderators, i would think, are much like representatives of a company or a business. They are, in effect, extensions of the owner(s). Therefore when they speak or act, they should be obliged to do so as representatives of the forum they are "policing", and not as individuals. So as such, one would think that a little more tact would be employed in dealing with the members of this board.

As for the frivolous posts, well, let me say, i started to join this board once before, long before i actually did. But when i looked at it, it seemed to be all about "my big dick", and everyone then seemed to have 12 or 14 inches. I moved on. After all, if i wanted fiction....

There are only so many posts one can handle about big cocks, and when did you notice you were big, and how large are you, and what does your partner think about your dick, etc. etc. Actually THAT is what got to be boring.

These posts that involve interaction between posters, that allow us to share a piece of ourselves, our likes, dislikes, fears, problems, and even our sense of humor, are a welcome relief to the mundane and monotonous drone about "big dickdom". It allow us to see the person behind the picture, and to share our similarities and laugh about our differences. And that is what Windtalker has contributed to this board.

Pappy

Media
Webster said:
"Oh, you'll simply DIE when you find out"
"You won't beLIEVE it"
"No, I can't tell you"
"But, take my word for it. It's BIG; really big"

Who gives a big rats ass?

All I know is how Windtalkerways comes across here on the board.
It's such a refreshing change to log in here and have some fun instead of being dragged into idiotic little skirmishes by some shit disturbers who seem to get bored whenever it's peaceful around here.

You and MZ can go sit in your corner and giggle and whisper all day for all I care.

Windtalkerways: Ignore them.

You'll never learn will you Webster. If it were not for the Mods sticking their collective necks out, you would not be here. Rob was ready to ban you and we all said,"no, give him another chance", now I see we were wrong.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
...I had to stop reading posts a couple pages back, so please forgive me if I miss something in my response.

Oh wait, I really don't care about who is blaming who for what. I come here to enjoy myself. I don't come here to listen people complain, direct insults, or say who belongs on this site.

I hope that everyone enjoys this thread as I certainly will not be returning to it.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is a discussion if people are not allowed to voice their opinion?
What is a discussion if everybody has the same opinion?

BC: Thanks for your very eloquent post.
I wish I had the ability to get my point across in such a calm and constructive way.

Stronzo: You're a prince. You always call for peace and common sense.

My last word on this train wreck of a thread...........

Edit: Sorcerer, I noticed you were missing. Welcome back.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My final thoughts on this:

We can all stand to be more kind to each other. ALL of us.

Calling someone out for being unkind is, well, unkind.

(Unless two wrongs somehow now make a right?)

I try not to decry things I have done (Emphasis on the word TRY).

What ever happened to leadership by example? Of walking the line?

Yelling "Yours!" when someone yells "Your Mother!" just proves that both people can yell. Nothing more.

Let's move on.

Wilde316

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have only been a member of this site for a short time but I find that the infighting here seems to have been brewing for a long time. I have also found that few people post replies to new members but people like WTW and Alex8, and several others have always been quite friendly, I cant understand why one day of multiple posts is a problem, and most of the time WTW's posts are entertaining. I think that if theres and issue maybe it should be taken up in a better manner but this. Hell I know this site is about big penis's but theres more to life than just that, so a little variety is nice.

I could be wrong, But I dont think Your Right

Yours Truly

Mathias (AKA WILDE316)

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chicken Flautas

Flautas is Spanish for flutes. Chicken flautas are traditionally served with rice and beans. You can also use beef or black beans as fillings for flautas.

* 12 corn tortillas
* 2 cups Tomatillo Sauce
* grated cheddar cheese
* 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
* cooking oil for frying
* shredded lettuce
* Crema or sour cream
* Guacamole

Combine the chicken with the tomatillo sauce, heat, and keep warm.

Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle to medium-hot. Lay a tortilla on the hot surface for a few seconds, then turn and heat the other side. This will make the tortilla pliable enough to roll in a tight flute. (See Note, below.) The fresher the tortilla, the better.

Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the chicken/tomatillo sauce mixture along one side of the tortilla, and roll the tortilla into a flute -- as tightly as possible without tearing the tortilla. Lay the tortilla flute flap down, and continue filling and rolling the rest of the tortillas.

Heat about an inch of cooking oil in the skillet. The oil should be hot enough to make a few drops of water sizzle when sprinkled into it, or 375°F. Carefully lay the flautas, three at a time, in the hot oil, flap side down, and cook until they are golden and crisp. Drain and keep warm until all flautas are cooked.

Makes four servings of three flautas each. Garnish with crema or sour cream. On the plate include lettuce, chilled, ripe tomato wedges, and a scoop of guacamole.

As a side, serve Mexican Red Rice.

Note: The best flautas are made with homemade corn tortillas because you can press them thinner than those from the store, not to mention the fact that they taste so much better.

An alternative method for softening the tortillas is to dip each one into hot oil (use tongs) just until it becomes limp. Remove at once, drain, and repeat with the remaining tortillas. Don't forget to turn off the heat under the skillet while you fill the tortillas.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Chuck64 said:
Chicken Flautas

Flautas is Spanish for flutes. Chicken flautas are traditionally served with rice and beans. You can also use beef or black beans as fillings for flautas.

Think it'd be ok to use CRAWfish instead of chicken?

LongPhatDong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't been in here for a couple o' days (week?), but it looks like I missed quite a bit. I like Windy, but I do respect anyone's choice to dislike someone. It would be nice if everyone was kind to each other, but unfortunately, being the human race that we are, that just isn't going to happen. There's always going to be disagreements, ignorance, and stupidity. I'm not accusing anyone of these things; I'm just saying that these elements are unfortunately going to be a constant in our society. If we can help or educate each other, great. If not, let's just try to either ignore the offending parties or leave them be, because not everyone is going to agee with each other always. I respect freedom of speech, but I also think it would be nice if people would follow the old saying of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." One of the main problems with the internet, though, is that it gives people the power of anonymity, and many people feel that this gives them the "freedom" to be rude. Oh well. C'est la vi'. Such is life.

Windy: Don't let 'em get to ya. >Hugs<
Stronzo: It's nice to see how kind and passionate you are; just don't let people rile you up too much. It's not worth it.
Chuck64: My positive association with you has gone from subconscious to conscious. I feel that your posts were most eloquently put, without getting volatile. Cheers.
Lex: It appears that you were under fire a lot back there, but I think that a lot of what you said may have been misinterpretted by many. I think you are doing a good job as moderator. Kudos.

I apologize if my post appears to just be a regurgitation of what others may have already said. I assure you that all of these thoughts were my own. Hope everyone is having a nice day!
:biggrin1:

~LPD