Using the search bar

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Whats the point...if people dont post new topics...even if they have been discussed in the past, then there will be little to talk about...almost every board i see now always has a moderator or the same person always stating they should use the search bar or getting annoyed with them

perhaps if its a repeat board...then dont go to it or dont post on it...I for one actually do enjoy seeing some of the same boards just to get new opinions and because I hate going to an old board that has already over 200 replies and having to read through them all..its more fun to follow the board as it progresses with current replies..

just my thoughts:smile:

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Unless a topic has been discussed ad nauseam ("Is Cut or Uncut Better?"), I'm not a fan of simply pointing people to our glitchy search engine. Besides, I'd rather have a fresh thread than have someone resuscitate a discussion from 2003 featuring input from departed members who I'd rather forget. It's always odd when an ancient thread goes into reruns and we are all treated to the witty repartee of "Guest," "Unregistered," and "I Was Banned!"

Steve :wink:

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Steve26 said:
Unless a topic has been discussed ad nauseam ("Is Cut or Uncut Better?"), I'm not a fan of simply pointing people to our glitchy search engine. Besides, I'd rather have a fresh thread than have someone resuscitate a discussion from 2003 featuring input from departed members who I'd rather forget. It's always odd when an ancient thread goes into reruns and we are all treated to the witty repartee of "Guest," "Unregistered," and "I Was Banned!"

basically what i was trying to say :tongue:

BigDubbs

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hottxboi16 said:
Whats the point...if people dont post new topics...even if they have been discussed in the past, then there will be little to talk about...almost every board i see now always has a moderator or the same person always stating they should use the search bar or getting annoyed with them

perhaps if its a repeat board...then dont go to it or dont post on it...I for one actually do enjoy seeing some of the same boards just to get new opinions and because I hate going to an old board that has already over 200 replies and having to read through them all..its more fun to follow the board as it progresses with current replies..

just my thoughts:smile:

I agree...:smile:

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Steve26 said:

Still though they may be gone does that mean that thier words are completely useless. If not use older threads I think at least reference to them for extended answers proves wirthy. Chances are everything will be said, but there is always a slim chance that someone forgot to mention something that years ago still holds true today. Plus many of the older threads have factual evidence, whereas many of todays posts are off centered experiences, opinions, and lack of research.:cool: