Uzz Phat Phucks!

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Posts
3,121
Media
1
Likes
223
Points
283
Location
Wellington (New Zealand)
Sexuality
Unsure
Gender
Male
Sigh... weight.

I'm 5.7/8 and 13st5lbs... basically overweight I'm for my height.

I have a BMI Body Mass Index of 28.5 which puts me clearly in the overweight for my height range and quite close to the 29.9 marker of obese.

I'm painfully single but am keen to change that and as such, I would love to loose my puppy fat, which is mainly on my fuzzy tummy with a little on my sides, chest, butt and face.

Now I'm thirty I'm terrified of getting man boobs and not even realising they're there! I don't eat like a bin and I don't bolt anything that's not nailed down, I'm not super active but not utterly slovenly either but I just can't shift the puppy fat.

So here is the calculation:

1lbs of human fat = 3500 calories. Walking 1 mile at a standard 3mph takes 20 minutes of time and burns 100 calories. So, walking 35 miles at 3mph would take about 11.6 hours and burn off 1lbs of fat.

The bad news...

500 excess calories a day... ie, your average chocolate bar, would mean in one week you would consume an excess 3500 calories and put one 1lbs of pure fat.

Why is it so easy to put it on but not burn it off!

Sigh.

Here's the UK NHS BMI calculator.
Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator - NHS Direct

What's your BMI?
Are you happy with your weight?
How do you keep trim?
Do you have man boobs?
Are you skinny and proud?
Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit?

Your thoughts please, gentle folks of LPSG.

Pup, x
 
My BMI is 21-22%
No not happy, I'm trying to lose at least 5kg
I ride 11Km by bicycle to work and back up to 5 times per week
No man boobs
Not skinny and proud yet!

Your calculation didn't include the calories required to keep you alive each day. Eat less than you burn and you can have your chocolate bar!

I'm losing weight by less eating quantity and less junk food but I love ice cream so I don't deprive myself, I used to be able to eat 1/2litre all in one go but now I stop eating it when I get bored of the taste (usually 150-250ml)

I also drink a lot of Oolong and Green tea which help burn the fat in your body and prevent the fat in food from staying in the system.
 
What's your BMI? I will never know. (I am 5 foot 7 and 220 lbs... only really about 20 lbs. overweight though, I'm pretty muscular)

Are you happy with your weight? No.

How do you keep trim? I interval train twice a week

Do you have man boobs? Yes.

Are you skinny and proud? ... obviously not.

Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit? I am "thick" and very much give a shit.
 
Rugby mate,
If your pictures are anything to go by you look ok.
Yeah carrying a few extra pounds myself
Don't know my BMI
6.1 at 15st - feel more comfortable at 14st but just seem to keep hovering around the 15. again not overly active, but as you not solvenly . No man boobs but tummy also.
Just in the summer, in UK so more likely to loose with salads and walking etc, but then with the heat comes the beer, and wine.. bummer !

If you frame can carry the weight and you can keep off the man-boobs, and healthwise your ok, accept it.

Must admit would love a six pack ( failing that a six pack of beer )lol
 
You are not necessarily immediately burning fat when you begin to exercise, glycogen, blood sugar is used first. Muscle can also be burned.
 
What's your BMI?
Are you happy with your weight?
How do you keep trim?
Do you have man boobs?
Are you skinny and proud?
Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit?

BMI = 23.5 - 24.5

I'm quite happy with my weight, which fluctuates between 165-170. I don't have man boobs.

While I'm no Hutt, I wouldn't consider myself to be skinny, either. I'm built like an athlete...lean and muscular.

It's the muscle that's key to staying trim. Lean muscle tissue requires more calories for your body to maintain...so the more you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate tends to be, meaning your body will burn more calories when at rest. So start lifting some weights.

Your dietary habits are also key. You should begin every day with a very small meal (for me it's usually a slice of whole-wheat bread with fruit spread) and a big glass of water. This takes your body out of fasting mode, but doesn't load you down. Plus, water is vital...it's almost impossible to drink too much. Shoot for a full gallon over the course of the day. You'll pee a lot, and it will be almost entirely colorless.

Around midday, I usually get in a half-hour of cardio (~450 calories according to the display on the elliptical machine) and then wait another half-hour before having lunch. I typically hit the weights around 6-7 in the evenings, three or four times per week. Dinner is usually around 8 or 9pm...some might say you shouldn't eat so late, but I don't usually sleep before 2AM so I ignore that bit.

Sleep is crucial, and this is where I can't toe the line. Supposedly people need 7-9 hours. I can't do more than 5-6.

My doctor gave us a good rule of thumb: you should eat ~11 calories per day for every pound of your ideal weight. That's about what you need just to maintain it. For me to stick around 165 pounds, I need about 1800 calories per day, on average. So, pick your ideal weight, do the math, and adjust your diet accordingly.


Good luck, fatboy! :wink:
 
Last edited:
What's your BMI? 2.24 I weigh 156 and am 5'10"

Are you happy with your weight? Yes.

How do you keep trim? I quite eating years ago.

Do you have man boobs? No, I would die!

Are you skinny and proud? ... Im thin, and thankful.

Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit? I cant say I am
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know my BMI
6.1 at 15st

Your BMI is 27.5 making you clinically overweight too and thank you for the kind comments.

Good luck, fatboy! :wink:

Fatpup, actually.

Now if you'll excuse I'm going to sit with my nose in the corner and see if I can cry some excess pounds off.
 
Odd, at 173 cms and 61 kilos (about 5'8" and 135 lbs) I was a skinny long-distance runner with lots of rib cage showing. I'm now 175 cms and weight 80 to 85 kilos and still am not fat. Must be all that bike riding and being a gym rat all my life. In fact, I look better (physically) now than when I was in my 20's. I'd suggest that you'd become a cardio queen, running, jumping, swimming, and lots of riding a bicycle.

Good luck with that.
 
Fatpup, actually.

Now if you'll excuse I'm going to sit with my nose in the corner and see if I can cry some excess pounds off.

You can indulge in all the asinine anthropomorphism you desire...doesn't mean I'm gonna play along.

In any case, it was intended jokingly...so laugh! Besides, laughter burns 3.5x as many calories as crying. Plus it makes people more likely to wanna fuck you. :biggrin1:
 
You can indulge in all the asinine anthropomorphism you desire...doesn't mean I'm gonna play along.

Punch, kick, thack, pound, smash, thump... please sir, please hit me more, this eye isn't swollen shut yet.

In any case, it was intended jokingly...so laugh! Besides, laughter burns 3.5x as many calories as crying. Plus it makes people more likely to wanna fuck you. :biggrin1:

Hmmm... now that's clever.
 
What's your BMI? 20.5!
Are you happy with your weight? I guess (More than I was when I was 6'1" and was under 9 stone... Bad times :frown1:)
How do you keep trim? Triathlon
Do you have man boobs? Nope
Are you skinny and proud? YES
Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit? Haha, How eloquently put... :rolleyes:
 
It reads as 13 stone, genius. :rolleyes:

No duh Sherlock, you lack the sense of humor to see that it was a joke.

I knew it was stone, but I, like most Americans, do not know what "a stone" weighs.
 
Americans don't work in stones?

189.5lbs

Not at all, why would we want to do math when someone asks out weight? :wink:

Most people don't use 1/2 pounds either, we usually round it off.
 
Last edited: