Want to put on some weight and get better legs

Just my opinion, but I happen to like your whole body just the way it is. Your dick is amazing too.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Squats, leg curls, leg extensions. Squats can be particularly effective in strengthening your entire body. Start with a Smith machine, if your gym has one, as you don't have to maintain your balance. As you progress, you can move to a free bar and, hopefully, get a buddy to help you do negatives. You will grow like crazy!
I will add that your body is very nice.

Reactions: deleted1022263
D

deleted1022263

Squats, leg curls, leg extensions. Squats can be particularly effective in strengthening your entire body. Start with a Smith machine, if your gym has one, as you don't have to maintain your balance. As you progress, you can move to a free bar and, hopefully, get a buddy to help you do negatives. You will grow like crazy!
I disagree regarding using the smith machine for squatting. IMO, the smith machine is useless and its not designed for squatting.
I would go right away for the olympic barbell, deadlift too. That's the best way to get big. try doing a lot of free weight exercises. Working your legs will add some inches to your whole body.

Reactions: find83 and nailz

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I think that for a slender guy who has not lifted, a Smith machine is a safer way to GET STARTED.

AboveAvNurse

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I majored in kinesiology which is pretty much exercise science... I can do my best to help anyone with some exercises just message me and I'll get back to you .

But something that kills your legs if you aren't going to go to the gym and do squats are just plain and simple wall sits . You can increase your workload by adding weight onto your knees. Just build your way up for how long you sit on the wall and try for 3 sets of that time .

AboveAvNurse

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Make sure you are getting adequate protein and carbs if our are trying to get more muscular you want 1.8-2 grams of protein per pound of your body weight and half of that for carbs if you want to get muscles but still be lean

Reactions: find83
D

deleted1022263

I think that for a slender guy who has not lifted, a Smith machine is a safer way to GET STARTED.
Yeah but the Smith machine, limits squat mechanics and it can lead to other future injuries due to bad form. I think he better start squatting with the barbell adding weigh progressively. Plus you have to always warm up your squat with empty bar and add some weight as you keep getting stronger and then after the warm up you can do your work set

Reactions: find83 and nailz

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you start squatting with freeweights and an empty bar/low weight you can focus on your form and also strengthen your stabilizer muscles along the way. I also like to change things up sometimes with front squats, pistol squats, asymmetrical with one foot on a yoga block, etc. If you have no equipment you can get some pretty good results with just pistol squats.

One of my friends who squats 90kg on the smith machine couldn't do a single squat with a 50kg barbell and her form was totally awful. There is a very big difference between moving a weight on a linear stabilized track and moving that same weight while having to completely stabilize it yourself. Strength gains from barbells/dumbells also apply to the real world outside the gym where the things you lift are very rarely on convenient rails.

D

deleted1022263

If you start squatting with freeweights and an empty bar/low weight you can focus on your form and also strengthen your stabilizer muscles along the way. I also like to change things up sometimes with front squats, pistol squats, asymmetrical with one foot on a yoga block, etc. If you have no equipment you can get some pretty good results with just pistol squats.

One of my friends who squats 90kg on the smith machine couldn't do a single squat with a 50kg barbell and her form was totally awful. There is a very big difference between moving a weight on a linear stabilized track and moving that same weight while having to completely stabilize it yourself. Strength gains from barbells/dumbells also apply to the real world outside the gym where the things you lift are very rarely on convenient rails.
I couldn't have said it better. But if you do front squats make sure to get a pair of straps to keep your elbows in good conditions and prevent a future injury

rock26

Loved Member
Media
I'm really skinny and just wanted to know any calisthenic exercises I could do at home for legs? My legs are weak from being on the computer all the time, looking to stop sitting around as much, lol.

Squats and deads are excellent as they engage your entire body when doing them. But you can lift all day and not get bigger unless you eat. Eat to get bigger. Cheers!