Went fishing today..

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Beautiful pic. Reminds me of Brokeback Mountain (the astounding landscape photography, the scenes where they "went fishing"). Whether or not you had someone along with you who you could make out with, I'm jealous.

My Dad used to drive the family out into the Brecon Beacon mountains of S. Wales and I saw similar landscapes there.

Thanks for evoking those memories Fruitfly.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Beautiful pic. Reminds me of Brokeback Mountain (the astounding landscape photography, the scenes where they "went fishing"). Whether or not you had someone along with you who you could make out with, I'm jealous.

My Dad used to drive the family out into the Brecon Beacon mountains of S. Wales and I saw similar landscapes there.

Thanks for evoking those memories Fruitfly.

Reminds me of "A River Runs Through It"

YouTube - a river runs through it

That water's gotta be cold, fresh & refreshing.

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"quote"
It looks a lot like the areas of Colorado that I visit. I could be sitting on a rock in the shade. Just me, my thoughts, and the river. "quote"

Its clear creek, just below georgtown dam :biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always wanted to learn how to fly fish. I tried it once at the practice ponds at the Sportsmen's Expo here and it was tough to get the timing right. Seems so much more elegant than baiting a hook and casting a bobber.

How many fish you catch?

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"I always wanted to learn how to fly fish. I tried it once at the practice ponds at the Sportsmen's Expo here and it was tough to get the timing right. Seems so much more elegant than baiting a hook and casting a bobber.

How many fish you catch?"

Caught a few brownies.
p1010142mo4.jpg

Caught this one in Boulder the same day. The pic dont do it justice though, the color are these fish are amazing! This guy is a whopping 14" long. :biggrin1:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wanted to learn how to fly fish. I tried it once at the practice ponds at the Sportsmen's Expo here and it was tough to get the timing right. Seems so much more elegant than baiting a hook and casting a bobber.

Which is why I prefer to troll or use live bait. You drop the rig & lure/bait into the water and either the boat drives away from it or it swims to where it wants to be eaten, no tangled lines. The only reel I can really cast pretty decent are the Zebco's and the spinning reels. I can cast a Bait casting reel, but sometimes I get the tangled line issue. But I guess you are talking freshwater fishing. I only do saltwater fishing.

D

deleted213967

If it was today it could only be in the Southern hemisphere judging from the deciduous trees along the river.

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the majority of trees there are dead, But it was about a month and a half ago, being lazy i guess. Its Colorado BTW. So beautiful here, just so many tourists :(

"Which is why I prefer to troll or use live bait. You drop the rig & lure/bait into the water and either the boat drives away from it or it swims to where it wants to be eaten, no tangled lines. The only reel I can really cast pretty decent are the Zebco's and the spinning reels. I can cast a Bait casting reel, but sometimes I get the tangled line issue. But I guess you are talking freshwater fishing. I only do saltwater fishing."

There is nothing like walking up a river in the mountains with absolutely no one around!

Last edited: