Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
tonight i have seen a few positive changes... My wife and made sure we all had dinner together at the dinning room table and had a great chat. After dinner we got out for a walk and just kept chatting like old times. I really feel there is hope here.

If there is hope there is a chance. Do you think that your being able to receive support here helped? I find that more than not there are really good people here. considering the title of this site may otherwise lead you to believe otherwise. I too have had some great advice and opinions.

You know, when you stop calling your wife by her name and just say whatever it is you want or need, and she responds, that's when you have to go back to basics. I realized that in our relationship. When my son was younger and we were watching him play sports, read, etc, rather than address each other we would just describe our sons actions and express what ever it is on our mind. In time we were No longer our names but mother, mom, father, and dad. Our names were lost.

DevonTexas

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dude, you're not alone. My first marriage ended because of the loss of intimacy on so many levels. We couldn't have kids, so sex became this NASA mission more than pleasurable sharing. I'm in my second relationship and on the 4th year and now sex has become a 'scheduled event'. I want the same thing as when we met and ripped each other's clothes off kind of thing. We have definitely had to take time away from the routines and enjoy simple pleasures that last hours on end. Those are the times when we both seem to refocus on each other and the passion returns. Be patient and giving. Relationships evolve yet deepen.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While I may be going out n a limb here, reading your posts, from what I see, there seems to be a lack of INTIMACY--sex aside. All the demands of both your time and responsibilities have taken a toll on that. You say you are best friends, and sex was never the mainstay of your relationship, but that it has gone away almost completely. I have found that sex usually takes care of itself, if you have intimacy with your partner. I suggest focusing on communication, and on trying to do little things to show apreciation for each other. It is amazing what little things can do to help you be more intimate, and eventually showing physical expression of that intimacy. She may not feel attractive, or appreciated, or desireable anymore. When we reject someone, it is as often as not because we are rejecting or uncomfortable with ourselves, man or woman. It is rough when you are feeling hurt yourself to rcognize the needs of others, but part of healing yourself is helping to heal those you love who are around you. Take some pressur eoff yourself, and her, and work on building your intimacy, trust, and love for each other. You do that, the sex will take care of itself. I wish you the best, and hope you can both work to bring back the love you both obviously feel for each other and your son. Good Luck!