What is your ethnic makeup?

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I call myself a "Creekakee" (part Creek and part Cherokee) other filters of Irish, English and Dutch. But primarily American Indian.

Wow, Betty, I am curious: do you still live in the part of the country where the Cherokee and Creek used to live--like in or around the state of Georgia? Do you claim tribal affiliation and consider yourself/are considered an American Indian? Can you speak either or one of those languages? I ask because I grew up in part of the country where I had (still do have) some full Lakota and mixed Lakota friends.
One of them had a saying I love--'it is hard to be an eagle among crows.'

Reactions: Betty_Cocker

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am Cherokee, Creek and Shawnee with English, Scottish, Spanish, Polish and French.

Tsalagi tsiwoniha:
Ayv giga Aniyvwiya, Anigusa, ale Anitsawani gvtodi Anisgotsi, Anisquani, Anidatsi ale Anigalvtsi.

I wish you had provided a translation--the purpose of a post is to share, not exclude.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Euromutt: but mostly Irish, German, Bajan (Barbados: British and possibly Afro Carribean), French, Scottish. And God knows what else.

And I've discovered I'm a descendent of the Rochambeaus of Alsace Lorraine. I'm f'ing serious. So don't try to kick me in the nuts cuz I'll probably win. We always get to go first.

If I'm in the mood for make-up - I tend to slap on whichever ethnicity takes my fancy. ;)

Reactions: ronin001

Italian8inch

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do czeh people look any dif? U still have 2 arms, 2 legs and 1 head right?

All europeans look different depending on region with southern europeans being the most distant to all europeans both genetically and phenotypical. More of them look like levatines. There's some Germans in Czech Rep but they mostly look central slavic.

And yeah it's funny that everyone and their mother has native ancestry considering by the time half of the European immigrants came to this country most of them were already dead. Even latino americans don't have much native ancestry genetic test put them at around 10-12% native so I highly doubt most of the blacks or white americans who say they have native are actually native. Seems a lot of people just like to claim it because they think it spices up their ancestry, seems to happen a lot with english/irish americans who think their ancestry is boring lol

Last edited:

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
African,Tuscarora native American and Irish

My people settled in coastal North Carolina, I can only confirm 2 generations before the civil war with a possibility of a 3rd. As a people we have primarily remained in the same area since then, so my recorded history either written or verbal is factual .

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
paternal grandmother: Lakota (Teton) Catholic native American
paternal grandfather: Irish Catholic immigrant to USA
maternal grandmother: Greek Jewish (Sephardic) immigrant to Canada
maternal grandfather: Greek (Eastern Orthodox) immigrant to Canada
and I'm 100% American. :)

Part nothing+ part something + star dust (from somewhere) + part water = rock.

Still trying to work out how we all came from a lifeless universe into one that has life.

Unresolved issue :)

Last edited by a moderator: