ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This always makes me laugh:

People who pound on the crosswalk button repeatedly, as if it will make the lights at a busy intersection change faster!... I don't have a visual to present for this, but if you live in a large city, you have probably seen it happen, too.

Yesterday I saw a woman pounding away on the crosswalk button, and then saying "Ouch!" and then holding her hand as if in great pain. Duh!

It's so stupid if you think about it. One light touch on the button sends an electrical impulse to activate the "Walk/Don't Walk" signs. Doing it more than once does nothing to speed it up. Slamming your palm, fist or wrist into the button out of frustration only serves to injure the "slammer".

A/B

Last edited:

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This always makes me laugh:

People who pound on the crosswalk button repeatedly, as if it will make the lights at a busy intersection change faster!... I don't have a visual to present for this, but if you live in a large city, you have probably seen it happen, too.

Yesterday I saw a woman pounding away on the crosswalk button, and then saying "Ouch!" and then holding her hand as if in great pain. Duh!

It's so stupid if you think about it. One light touch on the button sends an electrical impulse to activate the "Walk/Don't Walk" signs. Doing it more than once does nothing to speed it up. Slamming your palm, fist or wrist into the button out of frustration only serves to injure the "slammer".

A/B

Same holds true for people who seem to think that repeatedly or pressing and holding the elevator button will make the car arrive quicker.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Same holds true for people who seem to think that repeatedly or pressing and holding the elevator button will make the car arrive quicker.
Or people who turn the thermostat waaaay down thinking it will get colder, faster.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All aboard for Rio!

JesusExits.jpg

Reactions: MickeyLee

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The entire list of 22 of his "gaffes" was pretty telling. Most of them being ignorant and/or full-on racist remarks about other cultures, or misogynistic. Difficult to not laugh at them now, but... Ugh.

A/B
Utterly - none of this on the BBC of course - but yes, I'm laughing at him, not with him.

And further, none of this would ever point towards a culture of misogyny or racism within the royal family. Perish the thought or anything Megan might say...

Another window into Philp's world was when he was in a racing yacht in Portsmouth Sound in the 1960s and his boat cut up another. The skipper of the other boat recognised the Duke of Edinburgh and shouted, "Oi! Stavros*! Look where you're going!"

Philip shouted back, "This is my wife's fucking water and I'll sail where I fucking well please."

No entitlement there.

* fun fact: Philip's appellation as "Stavros" - ie a stereotypical Greek - he was widely derided at the beginning as being a poor prince without a country. The Queen Mother used to call him Stavros and also "the Hun", on account of his German ancestry and sisters who married Nazis.