What Underwear, If Any, Are You In Now?

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you have a favorite brand of jockstrap you like to wear?

To me even the worst jock is better than the best compression short. I like getting the support while maintaining the freedom of movement and the breathability. Plus its just what a jock wears--a jock.
Bike is an all-time favorite but for an all sport all around rough and tumble jock, i like the Duke. The band stays firm and doesn't roll, plenty of room in the pouch for several hours of wear and they last forever, I've had some of mine of over 2 decades.
Under a singlet or under compression shorts i prefer a snugger fit like Bike or Flairco. I guess i got used to the flarico since it is what we have gotten for the team ever since Bike became unavailable from our supplier and thus i have unlimited access to Flairco. Plus its been easier to get some guys to wear a jock by stocking black ones and the black flairco fits better than the white does and once it is broken in it never seems to wear anymore and stays perfectly comfortable unless i wear in in chlorine or something.

ripdude

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To me even the worst jock is better than the best compression short. I like getting the support while maintaining the freedom of movement and the breathability. Plus its just what a jock wears--a jock.
Bike is an all-time favorite but for an all sport all around rough and tumble jock, i like the Duke. The band stays firm and doesn't roll, plenty of room in the pouch for several hours of wear and they last forever, I've had some of mine of over 2 decades.
Under a singlet or under compression shorts i prefer a snugger fit like Bike or Flairco. I guess i got used to the flarico since it is what we have gotten for the team ever since Bike became unavailable from our supplier and thus i have unlimited access to Flairco. Plus its been easier to get some guys to wear a jock by stocking black ones and the black flairco fits better than the white does and once it is broken in it never seems to wear anymore and stays perfectly comfortable unless i wear in in chlorine or something.

Thanks for the reply. You sound like a real jock expert—spoken like a true coach. I'm very familiar with Bike and Duke but have to admit I hadn't heard of Flairco. I'll have to check 'em out. Do you only wear jocks when engaged in athletic activity, or do you also sometimes wear them in everyday life in place of regular underwear? I think there's something very manly about a guy wearing a jockstrap under his jeans or slacks or even a suit. It sounds like your jocks have been well broken in and probably fit your equipment just right, like a second skin. That's something that only comes from hours of use. Those are the jocks you hope never wear out but only improve with age.

You wrote: "it's been easier to get some guys to wear a jock by stocking black ones." Is there some resistant by the guys to wear a jock? Back when I was in junior high—way back in the early 1970's—jockstraps were required wear for us during phys ed classes. It wasn't optional. The school supplied the jocks, and everyone had to wear one. Now that I think about it, it kind of seemed like a rite of passage. Anyway, during class the coach would sometimes do a strap check if he suspected someone wasn't wearing his. I remember one time in 7th grade this happening with a kid who was probably one of the more well-endowed among us at that age. The coach yelled, "Kelly, are you wearing your jock? That big thing of yours is flopping around all over the place. Go put your jock on before you put somebody's eye out with that thing!" Or something along that line. I'm sure Kelly loved showing off with his huge member flopping around under his shorts, but coach put an end to that. He'd sometimes pull down the waistband of your shorts to confirm you had on the required jock. This was really my introduction to the world of jockstraps. I had once seen an old jockstrap of my dad's in one of his drawers. I recall it had a really wide waistband, but I'm not sure I even knew what it was exactly. I certainly never saw him wear it. I was pretty naive back then. It wasn't until junior high that I got to wear my own jock, and I guess I've kind of been a fan ever since. I'd have to say it's not just strictly a utilitarian thing for me but also has some strong associations with masculinity and manhood. Does that sound weird to you?

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, we are getting very off topic for this thread. I prefer to be wearing a jock anytime i am going to get wet or sweaty anytime i am active more than just normal day to day.
It's not always as easy to be jocked as it was in my younger days. From puberty up to the time i finished college most of my activity was in the vicinity of a locker room or someplace i always kept jocks, like our pool house, friends lake house, gym, locker room etc. We changed clothes more times than we ate back then and it was what all my friends did. If we swam, we wore a jock, any sport, we wore a jock, ran, wore a jock, etc, etc. I have only wore a jock under jeans a couple times when i was going 4 wheeling or dirt biking. Usually if i need a jock i need different clothes than jeans or slacks. Don't really wear them as underwear except on an occasional extremely hot day when i just don't want much grabbing at my thighs on those muggy days.

Unfortunately guys don't get made to or even told about jockstraps in PE anymore. Only a rare occasion do i find guys who are told to by a PE teacher. Jockstraps actually have an increased acceptance amongst athletes. 10 years ago is was laughed off as old school, no i am even getting some who feel like they were not properly informed if they were never told about the importance of a jock. So the resistance is lessening again. Most sports went thru the low point in jockstrap use around the turn of the century, wrestlers held on and i think our low point has been the last 5 years when it was ruled they could NOT wear a jock to weigh in, but it was not properly educated that it didn't mean a jock was not a very appropriate and functional choice of undergarment for the ensuing competition.
We try not to dictate any more than boxers and other bulky cotton under garments are not allowed, but i think if we supplied and required jockstraps, at least for the wrestling team, we wouldn't get any resistance. High schools and colleges have went back to mandating showers after the rise in MRSA.

ripdude

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, we are getting very off topic for this thread. I prefer to be wearing a jock anytime i am going to get wet or sweaty anytime i am active more than just normal day to day.
It's not always as easy to be jocked as it was in my younger days. From puberty up to the time i finished college most of my activity was in the vicinity of a locker room or someplace i always kept jocks, like our pool house, friends lake house, gym, locker room etc. We changed clothes more times than we ate back then and it was what all my friends did. If we swam, we wore a jock, any sport, we wore a jock, ran, wore a jock, etc, etc. I have only wore a jock under jeans a couple times when i was going 4 wheeling or dirt biking. Usually if i need a jock i need different clothes than jeans or slacks. Don't really wear them as underwear except on an occasional extremely hot day when i just don't want much grabbing at my thighs on those muggy days.

Unfortunately guys don't get made to or even told about jockstraps in PE anymore. Only a rare occasion do i find guys who are told to by a PE teacher. Jockstraps actually have an increased acceptance amongst athletes. 10 years ago is was laughed off as old school, no i am even getting some who feel like they were not properly informed if they were never told about the importance of a jock. So the resistance is lessening again. Most sports went thru the low point in jockstrap use around the turn of the century, wrestlers held on and i think our low point has been the last 5 years when it was ruled they could NOT wear a jock to weigh in, but it was not properly educated that it didn't mean a jock was not a very appropriate and functional choice of undergarment for the ensuing competition.
We try not to dictate any more than boxers and other bulky cotton under garments are not allowed, but i think if we supplied and required jockstraps, at least for the wrestling team, we wouldn't get any resistance. High schools and colleges have went back to mandating showers after the rise in MRSA.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'll look for a more appropriate place for this discussion.