When did you learn basic logic? (in relationships)

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When did you learn to stop being for a lack of a better word, stupid, in relationships?

I have been just beaten over the head in the last month by about 12 or so female friends (Ages 16-25) who simplely refuse to see the forrest for the trees.

Like my friend erin for example. She has been with this guy for a year but they could only see each other on the weekends. When it was like this it was perfect. But about 3 months ago they moved in together and things went down hill rapidly. He yells at her all the time over stupid shit, he refuses to have sex with her, he wont sleep in the same bed until after she is already sleep, and cant stand being around her in general. She cries her self to sleep every night.

Now for me. This seem like it should be a pretty easy situation to fix. But she insists that she is going to marry him. What. The. Fuck.

And it isnt even like this is an isolated incident. Several of my female friends are telling me somewhat similar stories, different details but in the end still toxic relationships and a stead fast refuses to give up on an apparently hopeless situation.

Im from the cut your losses and move on while you have your youth camp myself so I just dont get it. It is way too fucking early in life to be worried about dying alone. That should be reserved for people in their 40's - 50's whose stock is likely rapidly declining.

When did you become the (presumably) wise learned woman that you are? What did you have to go through to get there?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
blame fairytales and cinema.

she's pretty and helpless.
he sweeps her off her feet.
they live happily ever after.

no mention of compatibility, no rough patches or break ups. society labels singledom as a defect and separation as a failure.

keep kissing those unattractive frogs, baby!

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
blame fairytales and cinema.

she's pretty and helpless.
he sweeps her off her feet.
they live happily ever after.

no mention of compatibility, no rough patches or break ups. society labels singledom as a defect and separation as a failure.

keep kissing those unattractive frogs, baby!
God damn it disney! What have you done! :mad:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
one horrible relationship (cocaine is a hell of a drug.. her, not me - age 17-18) learned me the falsehood of fairytales.

now, is as long as we're good for each other, all is well.
when needs change, when adore fades... is time to part as friends.
bitter and resentment shouldn't be given a chance to catch root.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
They aren't in love with those guys. They are in love with a dream. They want to be married, and live happily ever after. I think their life would be better if they just bought a vibrator, and dumped the jerks. Ooooo get your big male relatives to go over, and beat the crap out of the dudes.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it's not all the guys' faults.
these girls don't have enough self respect to refuse to live these shitty shams. yay martyrdom!
if they don't respect themselves, why should he.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Im just saying. Your stock is almost defintely lower than it was in your 20's unless you were a slacker and are now a successful businessman.

Depending on what you're referring to when you brought it up. Overall, I'd put my stock up against most 20 year olds almost any day of the week for most things. Unless you were simply referring to the fact that I'm older. And yes, I do pretty well for myself as a businessman, all things considered. :biggrin1:

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Basic logic" and "relationships" don't belong in the same sentence. The brain rules logic, the heart (for better or worse - see what I did there?) rules relationships, or love any way. We speak of the wonderment of the brain, and it's pretty amazing, but the brain loses to the heart in a logic-vs.-emotion battle almost every time.

Then again, we wouldn't have a lot of great art if everyone always lived happily ever after.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depending on what you're referring to when you brought it up. Overall, I'd put my stock up against most 20 year olds almost any day of the week for most things. Unless you were simply referring to the fact that I'm older. And yes, I do pretty well for myself as a businessman, all things considered. :biggrin1:
AHA! Knew it lol.

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
Ugh, I've already divorced once and still don't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Relationships are complicated and the unfortunate bit is that once you're in one, all the stupid things that are immediately apparent from the 3rd person perspective are nigh invisible.... it's like some fancy cloaking device that either glazes over the bad things enough to see you on to happier days... or slaps you in the face and ties you to the train tracks to get smooshed. :banghead2: