Which do you choose?

Principessa

Expert Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Posts
18,636
Media
0
Likes
195
Points
193
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gender
Female
You are on a 5.5 hour red-eye flight from San Diego to NYC, you have your choice of two seats. One is an aisle seat with a chatty Scientologist in the middle seat next to you, or a window seat where the middle seat is a 4 month old baby who cries and screams the entire trip. The mother has the aisle seat.

Which seat do you choose and why?
 
I would upgrade to first class or wait until the first flight out in the morning.

If I had to take this heinous flight, I'd take the aisle next to Tom Cruise. I get too claustrophobic in the window seat.

I would definitely pretend I am deaf or don't speak English, though. If he kept talking, I would not hesitate to tell him to shut up before we hit 10,000 feet.
 
You are on a 5.5 hour red-eye flight from San Diego to NYC, you have your choice of two seats. One is an aisle seat with a chatty Scientologist in the middle seat next to you, or a window seat where the middle seat is a 4 month old baby who cries and screams the entire trip. The mother has the aisle seat.

Which seat do you choose and why?

Aisle seat.

My choice would have little or anything to do with the occupants of the other seats. On long flights (especially over nights), if I'm in economy I always take an aisle seat.

In the case of the chatty Scientologist all I'd have to do is step away and grab a drink in the galley for 15 mins, talk to the cabin crew maybe. Trapped against the window I'd likely need to wake two people (including the infant) just to take a leak.

It's a no-brainer.
 
The scientologist, just drag him into a witty debate to burn some time.
 
The scientologist for me. I would spend the time aggressively trying to convert him to Satanism. It would pass the time well, I think.
 
The scientologist. Arrange for him to choke on some peanuts and have a quiet flight after he expires.

If they don't offer peanuts in flight tell the scientologist you've just returned from a "Children of Xenu" conference. They'll go sit with the screaming baby.
 
Aisle seat...

First, because its the aisle seat.

Secondly, you can always have fun arguing with a scientologist. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

If it gets heated enough, the flight attendant might offer you a first class seat to separate you.
 
yea plus you can always tell teh scientologist to shut the fuck up. not the baby

True, but you can always distract a baby. I've shut two up, one by making faces and teaching it to stick out it's tongue, one by tickling it's feet.

The only time it hasn't worked is during cabin pressure changes, at which point my own eardrums hurt so much I can't hear them anyway.
 
scientologist.....i would like to blow his mind with my philosophical theories and my own belief system
 
Scientologist. I'd just ignore him and pretend to sleep. :biggrin1:

I can't deal with screaming babies. That's one of the main reasons I've never wanted kids.
 
There's always the toilet. Not comfy (where on an aeroplane is?) but quiet.