White Christmas?

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
.... no need to dream.

From Washington dc to Massachusetts we're digging out BIG TIME :rolleyes:

(photo = garden shed behind main house which had NO snow as of one o'clock this morning ....) The bird bath has nearly twenty inches on it.

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not just the US, the usual 5% chance of a white xmas in the UK has increased to 30% following recent snowfall here. There is snow expected for the region where i live tomorrow night (monday) but have not yet seen the forecast for xmas day. I've never seen a white xmas before, only a silver one. (frost)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Awwwww I missed the pic :redface: No chance of a white Xmas here. It's peed down all day. The Volcano may end up being snow covered though once we can see it after the cloud clears.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My Mom says there's snow on Mona Lea, the volcano behind her house on the big island, Hawaii, which is always weird to me. We haven't had a white Christmas in New York since 2002 (although I'm going to Marblhead and I think Massachusetts will be white), so I'm hoping this snow will stick around.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is snows every year. Depends on the region (the south is much warmer than the north, where it looks like England); in Madrid it snows a couple of times every year... and apparently tonight it's going to!! Yey!

Haha, that's good. The only time i love being in the cold air is when it is snowing. Beautiful

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
].... no need to dream.[/B]

From Washington dc to Massachusetts we're digging out BIG TIME :rolleyes:

(photo = garden shed behind main house which had NO snow as of one o'clock this morning ....) The bird bath has nearly twenty inches on it.
Beautiful picture. I love that you put a wreath on the garden shed out back. :biggrin1: You realize of course that the neighbors will think you are gay for doing that. :tongue:

I never thought I would say this, but I miss winter in Massachusetts. :eek: I lived in the Fitchburg-Leominster area for 4 years and we often got hammered by snow. After the first 3', it kinda doesn't phase you anymore. :smile: You have your digging out process. You have provisions and entertainment inside. You just live. :cool:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Industrialsize said:
(The link doesn't work)

Poke it again. Me fixum. Now let's see P-town! :wink: You guys got slammed too from what I hear.

You realize of course that the neighbors will think you are gay for doing that. :tongue:

Oh SHIT! Down it comes. I'd better put out that lawn jockey instead ..

I never thought I would say this, but I miss winter in Massachusetts. :eek: I lived in the Fitchburg-Leominster area for 4 years and we often got hammered by snow. After the first 3', it kinda doesn't phase you anymore. :smile: You have your digging out process. You have provisions and entertainment inside. You just live. :cool:

It's all yours.

Digging out just done as of nightfall.

Roads are nearly impassable. I wouldn't mind so much but it's so bloody early in the year. This is the sort of storm that some call a "nor' easter" (ocean storm) we generally get in February.

Nick8... north of the Mass. Pike nearly zero. I believe the North Shore got some but perhaps four inches. We (and the Elizabeth Islands) were ground zero. :rolleyes: I'd say though that if you're coming home to Marblehead the weather will remain cold enough to retain what snow you have.

**as a child - when I was being particularly dense my mum was inclined to say once I said "OH! Now I know what you mean!"

"Yes dear. Dawn breaks over Marblehead." :biggrin1:

Last edited: