Who can relate?

Why is disagreeing with you a "strange reaction"?

As for those that you claim are "defensive & reactionary", they like me are simply airing their views and opinions which differ to yours, isn't that what forums are about? To discuss things?
Because you are a member on this site and presumably there is an interest in its content there.
What I see is an inabillity to address the question and an assumption of my opinion of the matter.
Can you relate or not- it seems the answer for you is no,
And to answer the original post and hopefully you will listen this time..Straight men do NOT have sex with other men!
Gay men do, Bi men do but Straight men do not.
Hence the reason I posted the link to the article- there seems to be a dichotomy between those who identify as straight and those who are "textbook" straight.
Is this at the physical sex level or another level?

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Putting aside the skewed article and the limited research that went into it, which has already been pointed out, the bottom line that has to be endlessly emphasized in this section is that any man having regular sex with other men is not straight, no matter they choose to call themselves. Full stop. Do not pass go.

While the reasons why they continue to call themselves straight when it's clear they are bi could be open to several interpretations, but I believe the primary one is due to stigma and self-perceived shame. This is unfortunate, as every person should be able to express themselves sexually without any judgment, however given both the homophobia in straight society and stigma of bisexuality even amongst some groups of gay men, their insistence on clinging to the label of 100% straight is in one way understandable, even if it means they are lying to their true self. One only has to look at some of the threads in this section of the forum to witness such pretzel logic firsthand.

Alot of these men also seem to feel they are preserving their "straightness" by using what they consider "loopholes", such as it somehow doesn't "count" if they only receive BJs or only top other guys. Only if they suck or touch a dick back or receive anal penetration is it consider a "gay act". Like I said, pretzel logic.

Another "Get out of jail free" card I see many of these "straight" men, both in and apparently outside of this site also use a lot is that somehow going on the downlow rather than having sex with another woman who is not their partner doesn't count as cheating. Sorry, but it does. Anyone stepping outside their relationship with another person and without the knowledge of their partner is committing adultery, period. The gender of who one is having sex with versus their committed partner is irrelevant.
These married men who are secretly having sex with other men are deplorable for that single reason. As is those gay or bi men who are servicing these "straight" men with the full knowledge they are married. I think given the popularity of this topic within this board, that blame is often overlooked as a potential homewrecker can be of any gender or orientation.

As far as you, the OP, being critical of the responses your thread has received, perhaps you need to think about the title you choose for your thread and the assumption behind it. By asking "Who can relate?" you seem to be feeding into and emphasizing the myth around these parts that most, if not all, straight men are "sexually fluid" and it will only take the right incentive to convince them to have sex of any sort with other men. If only truly straight men are answering your question within this thread, then exactly zero will be able to relate to the thesis of your article. No actual straight man can answer regarding the phenomenon of why do some men who call themselves straight have sex with other men, since if such men wanted extracurricular sex, they would simply seek out other women to have it with, not other men.
In which case, as already pointed out, they would still be deplorable.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I imagine that quite a large number of rural community men are quietly bisexual. The sexual repression in those areas due to religion and culture is insane.
They do seem to be some of the main drivers why I'm sure a lot of these bi men continue to vehemently identify as "straight". While this repression has been a part of American culture for a long time, the recently renewed attacks on the LGBT community to the point of seemingly wanting to erase the existence of whole groups of people, likely hasn't helped in forcing a lot of these men to remain under the radar.

While I can never truly know what it must feel like for some of these guys, especially those living in a near-fascistic state such as mine where new draconian laws against marginalized groups are proposed weekly to score cheap political points, but I can acknowledge the threat is real, so their reluctance to out themselves is understandable.

As far as you, the OP, being critical of the responses your thread has received, perhaps you need to think about the title you choose for your thread and the assumption behind it. By asking "Who can relate?" you seem to be feeding into and emphasizing the myth around these parts that most, if not all, straight men are "sexually fluid" and it will only take the right incentive to convince them to have sex of any sort with other men. If only truly straight men are answering your question within this thread, then exactly zero will be able to relate to the thesis of your article. No actual straight man can answer regarding the phenomenon of why do some men who call themselves straight have sex with other men, since if such men wanted extracurricular sex, they would simply seek out other women to have it with, not other men.
In which case, as already pointed out, they would still be deplorable.
Posts 2, 9, 12, 15 and 21 seem to be more abusive than anything else- some sort of homophobic twist on a question- is this really a thing? The answers would seem to be either yes or no and some comment around the topic, not a load of playground BS. There is no assumption behind it.
I don't see that the article relates to sexual fluidity or any myth, more a case of how people identify; I agree that many are deceiving themselves and others in that they identify as straight but are involved in sexual acts with men.

Ah of course, people whose views are different from your own are "homophobic".
No, I refer to those posts that use sexuality as a pejorative.
My question has nothing to do with my views - straw man argument.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because you are a member on this site and presumably there is an interest in its content there.
I’m surprised that you are surprised if you read the room you could make yourself a good idea.
I like the contents here but probably i watch different contents that you do.
I think that one of the advantages here is to see different points of views as if you were on other people shoes.
I guess that you too love the contents here if you can see it beyond genders and orientation perhaps you could find yourself in it.
Lpsg bingo

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be hard to be homophobic and be on LPSG.

If I may make a analogy. I read the news paper because of the strip comic section in it. There is a political section, a sport section, etc. in that news paper.

Now we are in a forum where we talk about that news paper. And the section we are in is title "comic strip section".

Now every 3 posts there someone asking : Are you a fan of baseball? Did you see the caricature of that athlete? are strip artist are baseball lover?

Hmmm would you be annoyed? I am ! it is a straight section after all.

Why are we talking about gay in anyway in this section again. There is SOO much more we could talk about. And if you are interested in knowing if straight could turn gay, for sure the gay section or the bisexual section are way more prone to relate with your article.

I'm not a hater or homophobic, but I do understand the meaning of a straight garden section in a website filled with gay picture and comments.

You have the right and I encourage you to post your question in the right section.

Reactions: Markyoung873

Markyoung873

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My question has nothing to do with my views?

so if I go and ask homophobic, sexist, racist, bigoted questions I can just jump into the life raft of it’s not my views?

why don’t you just fuck off? it’s not my view its just a question..

Reactions: tobythecat

My question has nothing to do with my views?

so if I go and ask homophobic, sexist, racist, bigoted questions I can just jump into the life raft of it’s not my views?

why don’t you just fuck off? it’s not my view its just a question..
I don't recall asking your question, maybe you would like to start another thread on it? It was a good question...
I'm not actually sure what you are trying to say with "its not my views", but you could try fucking off yourself if you don't want to participate in a civil discussion of a researcher's findings.

It would be hard to be homophobic and be on LPSG.

If I may make a analogy. I read the news paper because of the strip comic section in it. There is a political section, a sport section, etc. in that news paper.

Now we are in a forum where we talk about that news paper. And the section we are in is title "comic strip section".

Now every 3 posts there someone asking : Are you a fan of baseball? Did you see the caricature of that athlete? are strip artist are baseball lover?

Hmmm would you be annoyed? I am ! it is a straight section after all.

Why are we talking about gay in anyway in this section again. There is SOO much more we could talk about. And if you are interested in knowing if straight could turn gay, for sure the gay section or the bisexual section are way more prone to relate with your article.

I'm not a hater or homophobic, but I do understand the meaning of a straight garden section in a website filled with gay picture and comments.

You have the right and I encourage you to post your question in the right section.
Why be annoyed? Secure in your sexuality, not a problem- same as if a guy hits on you in a bar: sorry not interested, no point in getting upset because it's there...
I asked the question in this section because it relates to guys who identify as straight, not to those who identify as bisexual. I know that the subjects of the study could be said to be bisexual, and I would say they possibly are too, but they identify as straight. Sexual identity doesn't seem to match up with sexual behavior for some reason, maybe like teenage boys who don't want to be seen to behave in any way that might be considered gay, notwithstanding the fact that later in life they may experiment or accept an attraction to guys.

Markyoung873

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't recall asking your question, maybe you would like to start another thread on it? It was a good question...
I'm not actually sure what you are trying to say with "its not my views", but you could try fucking off yourself if you don't want to participate in a civil discussion of a researcher's findings.
Just before I fuck off,

you want people to have a ‘civil discussion of a researchers findings‘ with your dick in your hand.

wanker

Markyoung873

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

tobythecat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Post #28 you say "My question has nothing to do with my views" as in Your question has nothing to do with your views.
Yet in post #32 you are trying to claim that it was another poster Markyoung873 who first said it when it was in fact you.
You are trying to twist peoples replies and argue with anyone no matter what the reply is. Why do that?

Reactions: Markyoung873

Post #28 you say "My question has nothing to do with my views" as in Your question has nothing to do with your views.
Yet in post #32 you are trying to claim that it was another poster Markyoung873 who first said it when it was in fact you.
You are trying to twist peoples replies and argue with anyone no matter what the reply is. Why do that?
Reading comprehension is not your strong point evidently;
Post 28 refers to the original question "who can relate"
In post 32 the question I stated I didn't recall asking was "so if I go and ask homophobic, sexist, racist, bigoted questions I can just jump into the life raft of it’s not my views?"
As far as twisting things, tu quoque?; your most recent post. I know you would like to argue about something but unless it is a coherent argument you start to look like a fool. if you don't want to answer the original question, move along.