Why so many straight guys are bothered to see other guys penises?

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As many have said, in locker room or similar, not offended or uncomfortable seeing some dude nude. It's a locker room. Would be different in a movie theater or restaurant of course but only because it's inappropriate.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're thinking too deep. I'm 100% straight and have come across bare breasts, asses, and vaginas in non sexual ways that i was quite uncomfortable being exposed to. I doubt I'd be accused of insecurity in those instances. Everything isn't homophobia, im not denying it exists, but sometimes people have preferences in visual aesthetics in yheir proximity and penises just don't make the cut for a wide swath of straight men.

Wei

Legendary Member
Media
Monterey Park (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm just curious to know why there are a lot of straight guys that are bothered to see other guys penises. I'm talking about scenarios where they are with friends or other guys and nudity is expected or at least is not sexual at all (roommates, changing clothes situation, locker rooms, communal showers.) I'm asking because in my experience, a lot of straight friends (coworkers, etc) talk about how they don't like to see another guy dicks even friends, and try to avoid at any cost. Is it because they're uncomfortable with nudity in general or is just that they think that looking at a penis or being in the same room with another guy naked (in a not sexual scenario) it may be a little bit gay?

Haha, This is so true in our culture (Chinese Americans). We go even further: until recently, my sports team buddies (also all Chinese American) and I wore at least two layers round our waists. Even in the shower: loose-fitted waterproof shorts on top, close-fitted briefs underneath. The combination meant that first, any bulges could be well-contained by the briefs, and then the compact bulges themselves would be hidden by the loose shorts! It was all so modest that we had no clue about our friends' private areas - mostly not even a hint! Even talking about them was totally off-limits.

Recently got to see everything of my team buddies as two guy stripped off - and the other guys said "Oh, what the heck?" and we all then ended up stripping off. We all now see everything: black pubes and brown privates - our brown dicks waggling in the shower when we wash, other guys' sizes, lengths, shapes - even taboo knowledge like foreskin length/shape, and who is cut or uncut, etc. hahaha. :p

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Back in the Bronze Age when I was growing up, couples who were shacking up would often make the argument "a marriage license is just a piece of paper." But if it really were *just* a piece of paper to them, then why make the big deal about *not* having one?

I kinda feel the same about this topic. If seeing other men's dicks isn't a big deal, because "it's just a dick", then why is it a big deal if someone else doesn't want to see yours?

Wei

Legendary Member
Media
Monterey Park (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You're thinking too deep. I'm 100% straight and have come across bare breasts, asses, and vaginas in non sexual ways that i was quite uncomfortable being exposed to. I doubt I'd be accused of insecurity in those instances. Everything isn't homophobia, im not denying it exists, but sometimes people have preferences in visual aesthetics in yheir proximity and penises just don't make the cut for a wide swath of straight men.

Yes - I can see where you're coming from here. And in some contexts that's totally the case. But a few weeks ago, I remember one of the coaches on our (all Chinese American) sports team suggested we all just shower naked, to help us "bond as a team" and that guys today "shouldn't have hang-ups about nudity", one of the guys summed up the mood for virtually everyone: To be honest, that's the very last thing I personally want to see. Another guy's junk and they get to see mine? Major embarrassment - that's WAY too private to share!!". He was genuinely distressed as he was saying this, and virtually all the other guys nodded and said they (we) agreed with him. One guy at the back said "Way I look at it coach, we're here for sports - not sex. Showing my body [he meant private parts, cos we alrady showered together in just our shorts] - it's only for my partner".

So if anyone had told us that, within weeks, we'd all be showering totally naked, seeing each other's everything and also laughing about it and enjoying the view, virtually no-one would believe you. Yet, as you can see from my posting on this thread just before yours, that's exactly what happened... :cool:

BryanHD

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I enjoy admiring a nice looking large phallus when I come across one. Nothing wrong with a straight man veing able to admit that. But I'm rarely going to request you show me or be excited when I receive unsolicited dick pics. Cocks alone don't turn me on, but I appreciate the big appealing ones.

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I enjoy admiring a nice looking large phallus when I come across one. Nothing wrong with a straight man veing able to admit that. But I'm rarely going to request you show me or be excited when I receive unsolicited dick pics. Cocks alone don't turn me on, but I appreciate the big appealing ones.
As a straight guy, what do you like admiring?

Redwoody

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do men really care about this straight or not? Seeing another man’s penis? Don’t go in the military or play sports. I was in the Navy for years and have seen hundreds of mens dicks in showers, locker rooms etc.
Never gave it a thought. I however got used to men staring at me because of my red pubic hair. Big deal...

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm just curious to know why there are a lot of straight guys that are bothered to see other guys penises. I'm talking about scenarios where they are with friends or other guys and nudity is expected or at least is not sexual at all (roommates, changing clothes situation, locker rooms, communal showers.) I'm asking because in my experience, a lot of straight friends (coworkers, etc) talk about how they don't like to see another guy dicks even friends, and try to avoid at any cost. Is it because they're uncomfortable with nudity in general or is just that they think that looking at a penis or being in the same room with another guy naked (in a not sexual scenario) it may be a little bit gay?
I shared a dorm room

had pretty good morning wood,way bigger then normal (mild priapism event) and caught my roommate staring at it.(eye wide open like "wtf?", so so priceless look on his face , maybe he thought I was small or something?) along with the other 2 dozen people outside taking a look as well (smoking area) had not closed the blinds (forgot to do so.) he did not notice i was awake ...too...
pitched a big tent with the sheets..

I had woken up when I heard the door open but pretended to be asleep..

slightly embarrassing but IDK...

Reactions: mutualjax

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Would you say there is at least a tiny bit of importance to the owner of that phallus not being "a big dick" himself? I get what you are saying... Appreciation of the ideal of our gender is, in of itself, admirable. For me, however, attitude is key and closeminded, cruel or dissmissive people suck. That can be a very big turn off to getting all hot over even the best body.