Why??

Why?

• Everything happens for a reason.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Shit happens.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Shit happens (and sometimes for a reason).

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There are they who say everything happens for a reason.
Like saying we don't have any choice.
Like saying if ten thousand babies
Die in a tsunami, it's part of some divine plan.
Don't particularly care for it.
Seems to me a cheap shot.
Like selling your god short.

What say you?
Puppets on a string?
Masters of our destiny?
Or victims of random events?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I don't believe we have any direct control over things. I am certainly not a religious person, so trying to sell me on "god wanted it to happen that way" will not fly with me. I think that environmental issues are causing the changes in disasters that are occuring. But that is just one 19 year olds view.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Part of why I don't believe in God is that if there is a god why would he punish his children so severely and for no apparent reason. We're victims of random events but they're just random events with no consciousness behind them, but we can only be masters of our destiny within the sphere within which we live, it's no good telling some starving child in Africa he can be anything he wants to be.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe everything difficult that has happened in my life has made me a better person. No one can control the things that happen in life, but we can control how we respond to them, we can make the choice to let them bury us or rise above them and learn...even if the lesson we derive from them is not known initially.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Put me in the believing that we are "victims of random events" category. I think we can be masters of our destinies to a point, but for instance if someone is born into extreme poverty it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get out, no matter how hard that person may try. That's why I'm a big believer in programs to "help people to help themselves".

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
b.c.Why??
There are they who say everything happens for a reason.
Like saying we don't have any choice.
Like saying if ten thousand babies
Die in a tsunami, it's part of some divine plan.
Don't particularly care for it.
Seems to me a cheap shot.
Like selling your god short.

What say you?
Puppets on a string?
Masters of our destiny?
Or victims of random events?

My response,
To answer your question, i believe your talking about one answer with two explanations. So here it is:
(First of all i think that shit just happens randomly like shootin craps, but secondly i believe some outside intervention allows us to do so.)

Your asking the wrong question. The real question should be, why is the human race so advanced over all other species?

If our brains were like those of animals today we wouldn`t even be having this conversation, we`d be asleep, f***ing, or hunting for food.

The funny thing is that all species share the same dna, it`s just written different for each creature, all life on this planet shares this code yet ours is somehow refined. The whole world would have to be nieve like a child if it thinks that it happened by accident.

Our main quest right now is to find out if dna exists in the rest of the galaxy and if it does are we kin.

lafever

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The funny thing is that all species share the same dna, it`s just written different for each creature, all life on this planet shares this code yet ours is somehow refined. The whole world would have to be nieve like a child if it thinks that it happened by accident.

Our main quest right now is to find out if dna exists in the rest of the galaxy and if it does are we kin.

:stupid2:

Wow. Just...wow.

How is it that you don't forget to breathe?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't think it is the wrong question if one looks at it in the context of the choices in the poll. The "why" is what we often ask ourselves in the face of certain inexplicable events, especially the tragic ones.

I personally think that "shit" happens, though sometimes for a reason: because of a certain series of preliminary events or circumstances, because of "natural" laws, or because of laws of certain probabilities.

As to your question I find myself wondering what you are suggesting. At first you seem to suggest that we are a unique being, not by accident, but by intervention of a divine nature. But then you mention our search for DNA (presumably similar to our own) elsewhere in the galaxy. So are you suggesting intervention of an extraterrestrial nature?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don`t you know? The chariots in the skies are watching.:rolleyes: Would you be surprised if you were on a nature show like national geographic? Except were not the ones watching the show but actually the ones being watched.

lafever

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don`t you know? The chariots in the skies are watching.:rolleyes: Would you be surprised if you were on a nature show like national geographic? Except were not the ones watching the show but actually the ones being watched.

lafever
That would be creepy! Did you ever see that episode of Twilight Zone where this man ends up being the toy of a giant little girl?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, there are alot of creepy shows and movies like that, you just can`t help but love a good writer, especially one that makes you jump on the couch.:smile: Sometimes you can`t help but wonder about alot of stuff, like how someone just comes up with ideas out of thin air. Are they imagined or surpressed memories from the past or present?

To me, a great question would be; Are our memories copied to our dna to help us survive, just like a bird knows from birth to fly south for winter, but some of our imprints have been removed? Or are they removed quit frequently, did you know there really are men in black?
lafever

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, there are alot of creepy shows and movies like that, you just can`t help but love a good writer, especially one that makes you jump on the couch.:smile:

lafever
I'm a writer...maybe I will make you jump on the couch someday!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe everything difficult that has happened in my life has made me a better person. No one can control the things that happen in life, but we can control how we respond to them, we can make the choice to let them bury us or rise above them and learn...even if the lesson we derive from them is not known initially.

Eloquant and to the point!!:cool:
I can't say it any better myself.

I'm with 36DD folks! :tongue:

Andro Man

Just Browsing
Media
I know a lot of what happens to you and what you experience is determined by your beliefs. In NLP they say that our 5 senses take in approximately 2 million bits per seconde but through deletion, distortion and generalisation we reduce this to 7+/- 2 information chunks.

Without getting too metaphysical(law of attraction etc). It does seem apparant that the information(overload) will be sorted in such a way so you get what you believe.

In the grand scale of things of course it's impossible to say.
But my experience is that, on a human level, you get better results when you take responsibility and to believe you create/cause all that happens to you.
Ask yourself, what is more empowering?

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
To me, a great question would be; Are our memories copied to our dna to help us survive
Not this again. The answer is no.

As to the main question, I think we do have free will within limits. You can't control what your personality and basic urges push you to do, but you can override it when you have an urge to do something stupid.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
That's life, that's what all the people say.
You're riding high in April,
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune,
When I'm back on top, back on top in June.

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks,
Stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,
'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life
I tell ya, I can't deny it,
I thought of quitting baby,
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,
I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life
That's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here july
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die
My, My

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
feelthegirthRe: Why??
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafever [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images36/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]
To me, a great question would be; Are our memories copied to our dna to help us survive

Not this again. The answer is no.

How can you make such an infinit answer as no, where would you get such an apiffany, and what thesis do you have to back this up since there`s still so much to learn about the human brain relative to our dna? Are you in some medical journal that i don`t know about?

lafever