Worst Week Ever . . .

azda

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My worst week was when a good friend of mine died from illness. She was 18. The last few weeks before she died I was filled with anger and hate towards her because she was lying to and misleading me; she thought she was doing me a favor by sparing me things I didn't want to know but was quite wrong. To call my behavior shameful would be far too kind. A week before she died we spent an afternoon in a room arguing and fighting for hours, trying to come to an understanding. We made promises to be honest with each other (promises she broke several times) and treat each other better. It was horrible and may have been the worst I had ever behaved in my life up to that point, but worse was yet to come. The day before she collapsed and was taken to the hospital I was asked to feel her forehead and it was very, very hot (probably 104, and possibly higher) and my first good and automatic response was to think, "Yikes! Her forehead is on fire." Then my anger took over and I think my exact thought was, "Let the bitch suffer." My response to it wouldn't have mattered either way because the infection was already in her and she died three days later, but it's still there and I know what I thought. We were traveling and every single person in our group had been sick (except me, at least not physically that is), she had already seen a doctor and was on antibiotics at the time I think, and when you're 19 you just don't think in terms of your friends dying. She was fit and exercised regularly.

So on top of the death of one of the greatest individuals I will ever know I have to add the worst behavior I ever exhibited in my life. I never had a chance to make things right with her. She died at the low point of our relationship. Devastating.

azda

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sad update. The vet's office called this morning and said Missie had taken a turn for the worse over the weekend. Among the 42 wounds, the one near her rear end wasn't healing and it would be best to have her taken down.

My condolences DV. My brother has a dog that is 15 and in very poor health, and me and my parents and I think he is not able to handle the dog's situation right because he can't accept the loss of his dog. I know how much a pet can mean to someone, even though I'm allergic to them (I told all my friends with pets not to bother inviting me over any more because I can't go there.) You did right by Missie.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to hear about that. If I had a dog that had to be put down I would make sure it had one last incredible meal with doggie ice cream for dessert.

Had I had the chance, I would have gladly fed her sirloin steak and her favorite chewbones before the end.

I would also have made more recent pictures.

Thanks!