Would you want to die in your sleep?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I was thinking about this because I am planning a trip to Las Vegas.
    Last time I took the red-eye back and could not sleep (I was only one of four or so people awake on the flight) I can' sleep on a plane, train or automobile.

So I was thinking about taking sleeping pills next time.
    I would love to get on a plane fall asleep and wake at my destination (like crazy time travel)
    But then I thought that if the plane crashed I would not want to die in my sleep.

When I get older I do want to die in my sleep, but for now I want to be aware of it. Death seems like a roller coaster ride to me. You get to the top and you either go somewhere, or the ride just stops.

2. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Good thread subject mem0101. Yes I think dying in your sleep has to be the best way to go.

3. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed, good thread.

I, like you, would like to die awake while I'm young and I'd rather die in my sleep, when I'm old. Usually, those that die young tend to die quick (unless it's from a disease). Old people are more likely to die slow (they aren't going to be shot, less chance of a car accident, no need to travel far). That said, I'll have been dying slow enough while old, so let me die in my sleep where it won't hurt so much.

4. gjorg

Gold Member

Much as I am biting my tongue,this thread has a more adult twist to it. WHY die in your sleep! Don't miss the party!It's like quitting H.S. in 12 th grade!I don't care how gruesome my death is it is my last act and I want to be here to expirence it.My Mother died from a brain stem anuryrism<sp>.One moment she was standing in a dept. store saying "what do you think of these towels" and died in mid air on the way to the floor!That I believe is the best way to go , absolutley.No pain,no nursing home ,No diapers,No loss of dignity and she met her maker head on!
    BTW ,LOVE YOU MOM.:smile:
    also you are just as likely to die in an accident or get shot as an old person. Actually their chances are higher because they have been around longer.

5. submit452

Gold Member

Albums:
    I want to die at the bunny ranch while fucking/sucking.

6. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    What if you were having a bad dream while you died in your sleep, f**k that.

Also, the same pills you can get for sea sickness work for flying too.

lafever

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    If I were to pass from natural causes, I would rather die in my sleep peacefully.

Knowing my families history with heart attacks, and hearing the stories on how my grandfathers died.....Id much rather go in my sleep.

My preferred method would be heading for a brick wall at 180mph.
    Knowing that I was in control of it, would be best for me.

8. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
  9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

In my sleep yes if I was terminal. I think I'd want to experiance death if I was to die unterminal. Sit in an old folks home complaining about nasty food, and being babied again.

10. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope that when i`m dying if i`m in pain that i`ll be pumped with morphine, also my friends better bring me some really good weed. This way i can hold the hand of the one i love and not be in any pain, and i can say goodbye to all my friends. I plan on dying on my back porch watching the sun rise or set, if i go on the bass boat fishing on the lake that`ll be alright too.

lafever

11. invisibleman

Gold Member

You never have a choice about how you die. You would've had a choice in how you were born...if that is the case. :smile:

12. gjorg

Gold Member

Everybody dies think about it? Don't puss out at the end no matter how it ends. Although, a slow death and putting family thru hell would really suck!

13. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I came quite close to dying in my sleep.

I was a passenger in a car involved in a head-on crash on black ice. I was dozing in the rear seat when I heard a tremendous bang. Then blessed blackness.

I awoke hours later under bright lights in an emergency room as the pre-op trauma team was cutting my clothing off me in preparation for emergency surgery.

I survived but that's when the pain began. Sleeping seems like a better way to go out.

14. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Pretty retarded reason not to take sleeping pills on a plane. One, being on a commercial airliner is probably one of the safest places in the world you can possibly be. Two, if the plane is crashing you're probably going to wake up.

Finally, what difference does it make if you're awake or not? Is there something that you can do in your last 30 seconds on Earth that will validate your existence up to this point?

I'd rather not see it coming, I think. Life is more or less utterly pointless anyway, no sense drawing it out at the end.

15. gjorg

Gold Member

Gee just slit your wrists now why don't you. Its one of lifes big events and I don't want to sleep thru it! If nothing happens then so be it. Ever do serious street drugs? You don't sleep thru it before you get off. Do you?

16. gjorg

Gold Member

:biggrin1:

17. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

another vote yes for going out while sleeping. would prefer it to having a painful heart attack. car crash, or a stroke.

18. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Do you really think you're going to be conscious of your death? No, you'll be dead. Further, you won't be around to remember the event after, which is one of the reasons why I do things I enjoy while I'm alive, and one of the reasons I'll never understand people who only seem to enjoy themselves when they are so hammered they black out. I like to look back and remember good experiences. Can't do that when you're dead. and you won't be alive to appreciate the act of dying. So... the only thing I'd be missing out on is the fear and dread and some last minute half-assed appeal to some diety to save my body or my soul while awaiting the inevitable. Your logic here makes absolutely zero sense to me at all.

and no, I've never done any serious street drugs. If I had, would your argument make more sense to me? :confused:

19. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Being that I'm an ocean loving guy and go swimming out where the waves break, I can't help but imagine that it would be a drag to get munched by a great white shark. Not very likely, yet always a remote possiblilty.

Oddly enough, consider that you're having the best sex of your life. You blow your load and it feels like Mt. St. Helens erupting. Then all of a sudden, you're gone. I could see myself dying during sex, running, or some high level cardio, but what a way to go!

In the meantime, my plan is to live to be 100. So far, it's working.

20. gjorg

Gold Member

:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted