your Craigslist experience?

D_y6gouyg

Just Browsing
Media
So I put up an ad on Casual Encounters just for fun to see what kind of replies I'd get, and I actually got a few decent ones that aren't spam. I'm in a great LTR right now, but this is something I might consider in the future.

For those of you who have used Craigslist to meet people for NSA casual sex, what has your experience been like? How many times have you done it? In particular, I'd be concerned about my safety. I've never met anyone online before, and meeting someone over Craigslist just seems a little less safe than meeting someone from a dating website you have to pay for (albeit I'm a straight guy, so I guess I have less to worry about than if I were a girl meeting up with a guy).

berghaus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have been trying to get my first anal action for a while now. I've been womdering what it would feel like to be on the receiving end of a good hard pounding. I have responded to many adverts who say they are looking for the same experience, to give another guy's ass a good seeing to, but the responses i have had so far are all positive, but nothing happens. In short, for me, it is full of time wasters. Or people with good intentions who chicken out at the last second...
Anyone near Bromsgrove, Worcestershire who wants to sink in balls deep, let me know!

Last edited:

Tenplusinca

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I probably met about 10 women in a year. Mostly swingers. There's lots of spammers and you have to voice verify as there are men posing as women or couples.

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
the responses i have had so far are all positive, but nothing happens. In short, for me, it is full of time wasters. Or people with good intentions who chicken out at the last second...
That's really common in my experience, too. But I have had quite a few successful encounters on craigslist. I can't say how many but it's been a considerable number. I seem to have better luck there than sites like manhunt.

I've never felt like my personal safety was at risk, but I'm not afraid to walk out of a situation if something doesn't seem right. And you can often tell right away in email exchanges if someone isn't respectful of your boundaries. Whatever you do, please be sexually safe too - be educated on your own risk factors and take the necessary precautions.

One of my favorite craigslist success stories is a married guy I met whose wife approves (I've even met her). He has a nice 7.5 that is insanely thick and we try to get together a couple times a week to swap head.

Here's an interesting "IAMA" from Reddit (no, it's not me, but his experiences ring true):

I'm a gay man who's used Craigslist to have sex with (probably) over 1,000 men, AMA : IAmA

At this point you have to scroll down a bit to reach good comments.

Judith39inMex

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Craigslist experience is 95% bad. I've posted some ads in the past in the 'casual encounters' section, offered webcam proof as I always want to see someone BEFORE I meet him.

Everyone was delighted, everyone promised everything and the result was finally close to nothing.

20% send you stolen pictures, 20% are on Craigslist just to collect some private pictures, 20% don't even bother to show up, 20% lie like rugs and 15% try to cheat on their wives or girlfriends (although I always make clear that I won't consider someone attached).

As the Internet matures the percentage of the time wasters, wannabes and fantasy artists is growing exponentially - my humble opinion. I don't consider Craigslist a real possibility to find someone fun anymore. Too bad.

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've hooked up with 1 single woman, a couple and a few men. The single girl was a great lay but she was really interested in a 1-time thing and so we left it at that. The couple was a weird cuckoldry experience where we ended up taking turns with the guys wife. Hooking up with guys is easy - if I ever need a blowjob, I know where to go.

BigfootTornado

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All the replies I get are spam bots to hack urls, the posts I reply to then reply to me with scam websites. I've only received spam or nothing at all.

loclhombre

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
for me its been a lot of back and forth emails and then the usual "no shows". honesty is in short supply on the net, many are only there to collect pix and like someone said send you spam or "stolen pix".

PKPK

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had largely positive experiences. I've been with 4 CL couples and they all were pretty nice and normal...except for wanting hard freaky sex with a well-hung stranger, I guess. That's only the couples I've ended up playing though; a lot of them ended up being single guys pretending to be girls, guys who would try to convince me to try bi things, and picture collectors. It's a numbers game for sure. I've learned my lesson the hard way, so I always ask for a couple different pictures to cut down the likelihood they just scammed some pics off the net, I usually voice-verify, and I almost always meet them in person in a non-sexual situation first. I do that first of all to find out they are who they said they are, and also to make sure our personalities will jibe in real life.

Like I said, I have no regrets with any of the people I've gotten naked with, but you really have to put the time in to make sure both of you will get along (all 3 of you if it's a threesome...yes, even if the guy will only watch). I've met a few people in person where the chemistry just wasn't there, so I decided to walk away. So glad I met them in person first. Most people are mature enough to accept that chemistry, attraction, and general not-weirded-out-ness are major ingredients to the situation working out.