your_username@lpsg.org email address

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been weighing the idea of creating a 5 year LPSG Gold Membership. This membership would entitle the holder to all benefits that LPSG has to offer, plus any new features, for five years. In thinking through this, I started thinking about what kinds of extras could be added to make it enticing for someone to purchase this level of membership. One idea that I had was to create your_username@lpsg.org email account for these special members. It would come with 10 GB of storage, an awesome spam blocker, plus a great web based interface. It could also be offered separately, or as part of other memberships, its just that the five year is what got me thinking of it. Is there any real interest in this? I have attached a screenshot of the interface.

Attachments

Reactions: Petro785

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It might be a good thing. Might drive more people here out of curiosity what lpsg.org is. :wink: I think a lot of people would use it as an "adult" or sex address. Instead of any of the tons of sites that offer email addys.

I don't know about 5yrs though. That does seem a bit far ranged. The inevitable questions of "what if" come to mind. What if the site changes hands, reliability, etc.

Depending on the pricing it's an idea worth pursuing I think.

:up:

Last edited:

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm so frustrated by the currently bloated-out-of-all-recognition Yahoo! 'email' interface, I would seriously consider it.

Of course, Rob E, it would have to be 'compatible' with WEBTV/MSNTV (or the still a-borning 'ThinkCrunch Tablet,' or the currently-in-development-but-further-in-the-future Apple tablet) to appeal to me.

WEBTV's been working more-or-less fine of late, however, even if I still can't get MSN I/M 'chat' to work as it once did, owing to the malicious devilry of your Dark Lord and Master, Microsatan! Kick Ballmer in the balls for me, will you, at your next Black Mass?

Cheers!

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is an interface that I use myself and it is quite good. Of course so is gmail, and anyone can get a free whatever.whatever@gmail.com address. My thought was that it would be prestigious to have the .lpsg.org address.

And yes, I assumed that it wouldn't become one's primary address, but would be a good one to use on adult dating sites, blogs, etc.

Media
I think it is nice to offer this as a bonus for folks with that level of membership. These days it seems to be run of the mill for sites to have a personal email addy of sorts.

As x704 mentioned it would be a "sex address" for contacts to use. I think it is a good idea.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think another feature that people might value for a 5 year deal is PM storage of 5,000 or 10,000.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is an interface that I use myself and it is quite good. Of course so is gmail, and anyone can get a free whatever.whatever@gmail.com address. My thought was that it would be prestigious to have the .lpsg.org address.

And yes, I assumed that it wouldn't become one's primary address, but would be a good one to use on adult dating sites, blogs, etc.
It would be good for people who frequent a few different adult sites.
Personally this is the only adult site I visit regularly so the email address would just be an alternative to PMs for me.
If someone was banned for sending abusive messages to a member wouldn't an email address make it easy for them to carry on regardless?

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be good for people who frequent a few different adult sites.
Personally this is the only adult site I visit regularly so the email address would just be an alternative to PMs for me.
If someone was banned for sending abusive messages to a member wouldn't an email address make it easy for them to carry on regardless?

You easily block someone from sending you an email with the proposed system.

I should also note that the email system would be fully accessible with imap or pop3 enabled readers. So you could set it up as an alternative on your mobile, etc.