Straight Guy's and Speedo's

Clownlies8

Legendary Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love speedos, and, wear them to swim.

I believe that many American men don't like them, because they highlight fat, flabby bodies with fading tattoos. Also, I believe that there is an element of shame, that for all of their big Donald-Trump-like mouths, they have penises that don't match their egos.
Interesting thoughts. I’m a speedo guy for just the opposite reason. ‘Exhibitionist’ is what my wife titles me. I may have some fat and a fading tattoo, and maybe not much going on downstairs, but it is all out there.

and Go Blue

rbi99

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To each his own, but a speedo on a guy who clearly is not in good shape, and especially if his belly is hanging over the top of it, is a definite turn off. I wear bikini underwear out back to sun, but would never personally go around in public wearing anything like that. I wear some pretty daring shit, but not a speedo.
004wssm.JPG
056.JPG

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always wear them to swim. For swim teams above a certain age, practice uniform is briefs only. Nobody practices in suits with material down the legs unless you put on a "tech suit" to more closely mirror race conditions for a serious meet. (Briefs went out of style for high-end competitions around 20 years ago because some materials reduce drag more than bare skin.)

There are also advantages to wearing briefs for swim training like gripping pull buoys (a common training aid) between your legs, freedom of motion (especially in water polo and diving), and just general feel of the water.

Of course a lot of casual swimmers wear jammers and board shorts to swim laps but most serious swimmers wear briefs. Some switch to styles with more coverage as they get older or out of shape.

D

deleted814719

If I had the body of an Olympic athlete, I'd certainly wear a Speedo.

As I don't, I'm relegated to swim trunks.

Perfectsix

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As an avid nudist most of my holidays are at naturist resorts and we are all naked on the beach. However, there are always areas where you have to cover up and so I wear this...it attracts more attention than when I am naked and makes those in speedos look over dressed! 8ED151C9-4228-4E4F-91DC-2A6E1BB1E551.jpeg

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didn't see a recent post on this topic, but with summer around the corner, I was curious on the current thinking from other straight guy's on this forum on the topic of wearing a speedo to the pool or beach.

I swim at my gym a couple of times a week, am somewhat fit, and wear a speedo for my workouts. A year ago I decided to step out of the board short wearing majority and start wearing them at the beach too mostly to get a better tan, but I am clearly in the minority.

I'm curious what other straight guys think of the whole speedo topic and if you currently don't wear one, would you if more guys did, or would you wear one only in certain circumstances, or never at all.
On the beach… at the pool… makes no difference… beach and swimming attire….

will poss wear board shorts over but remove for actual swimming or sun bathe in just them…

Reactions: Gj816
D

deleted8788711

I wore one when I was younger and more fit. Now I don't think I'd look good in one. I don't mind other people wearing them. It makes sense to wear as little as possible if you are swimming or sunning. We are all too puritanical.

Reactions: sider