Yeah, yeah, yeah. He's anti-semetic, but...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a moron. I know that was a self-depricating joke. You've got shit where your corneas should be if you cant read his other jokes, in context, and draw the conclusion that he should be challenged about some of his jokes. His commentary is largely sexist. As usual, Phil, you go on a long ass tirade about completely irrelevant things, pointing out one of two jokes I read where he's talking about women, and not being sexist. Your entire spiel is specious, and as such, you should watch your fucking fingers regarding the insults you've typed about those who do not see things your way.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The irony is that this 'comedian' got in trouble over jokes that weren't funny. From my perspective, you can get away with politically incorrect jokes, sexist, racist, homophobic, whatever--as long as you're funny. These just weren't. At all.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The irony is that this 'comedian' got in trouble over jokes that weren't funny. From my perspective, you can get away with politically incorrect jokes, sexist, racist, homophobic, whatever--as long as you're funny. These just weren't. At all.

They were pretty hackneyed.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LOL

Sadly, for better or worse, my dragons do not breathe fire. Also, they eat too many cookies and have thre carb-out sleepies.

ButterCrahlessi?

Fondhalessi?

Probably because he is worldly, knowledgeable, smart, a polyglot, and an experienced writer and political satirist. I think he's not the worst choice in the world. No matter who they put in, they'll put in a biased person. We're all prejudiced. Still, we should all be striving to be better.

this is what makes the misogyny double troubling.. he should know better. and he still doesn't hesitate to take the low road :frown:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm not a moron. I know that was a self-depricating joke. You've got shit where your corneas should be if you cant read his other jokes, in context, and draw the conclusion that he should be challenged about some of his jokes. His commentary is largely sexist. As usual, Phil, you go on a long ass tirade about completely irrelevant things, pointing out one of two jokes I read where he's talking about women, and not being sexist. Your entire spiel is specious, and as such, you should watch your fucking fingers regarding the insults you've typed about those who do not see things your way.

Its only irrelevant to the totally unaware... And especially so to those lacking self-awareness.

The over-reaction of a infinitesimally small section of humanity to something that the vast majority could not give two shits about paints a FALSE impression of what actually matters.

This is the same tactic that gets such shit as the Tea Party taken seriously… when, in fact, its just a tiny group of billionaires gaming the system by riling up a bunch of functional morons.

It is imbecilic to attack people for comments taken out of context. Even More imbecilic to imagine you understand something, or someone, because you read a few tweets.

There is in this country a very vocal tiny minority that is far too busy being OUTRAGED and OFFENDED. And DICTATING what other people can and can not say, think, feel, or find funny. They post their outrage every chance they get- searching the inter webs for the slightest thing over which they can lose their shit.

Sorry… but that isn't irrelevant. It exactly what you and others here are up to.

And you can attack me for not toeing your party line… but I don't give a flying fuck about your sense of offense.

you have NO RIGHT to live your life unoffended.

And the truth is, the vast majority of people really AREN'T offended. they really do not care… and you can see that in the fact that they can't be bothered to piss away their time posting over it. There are REAL things going on in their own lives they focus their attention on.

The very idea of publicly punishing people for what they say or think is exactly how things are run in the world of ISIS and the fundamentalist muslim countries where women get stoned for so much as speaking to an unrelated male.

Its the exact same mindset... That certain kinds of speech should not be allowed or tolerated. It starts with intimidating or threatening peoples livelihoods to get them to parrot your politically correct perspective… and it always ends with people being destroyed or even killed for daring to say what some thin skinned set of moral police think is over-the-line.

Shit on the guy for not being funny enough to helm a comedy show.
That's a valid critique.

But don't even pretend to think you know anything about his worldview or character after reading half a dozen zingers taken entirely out of the context in which they were sent out.

And get USED to the fact that comedy is INSENSITIVE, by its very nature.

Imposing the "don't ever hurt anyone's feelings" comedy standard would turn EVERY show into Mister Rodger's Neighborhood… or the Teletubbies.

No- wait… the Teletubbies were considered offensive by the religious right because of, y'know, the gay one.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How often will he be on?
Five times a week.

Phil. Learn to read without hyperventilating, or you're just as bad as everyone else. I don't really care what he jokes about. It's not about HIM, it's about the hyperventilating. I wanted to know if people were going to be up in arms, why not get frothy about everything all at once? Why did it seem like no one wanted to talk about sexism concurrently with their false accusations of anti-semitism. At least the sexism was real. All his supposed anti-semitic jokes (at least the ones I found) were really just anti-Israel, which isn't nearly the same thing. I wanted to discuss why sexism isn't as important to challenge as anti-semitism. If you're going to flip out and compose an entire treatise, at least do so on topic. Easily enough accomplished by being thoughtful, rather than emotional.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its only irrelevant to the totally unaware... And especially so to those lacking self-awareness.

The over-reaction of a infinitesimally small section of humanity to something that the vast majority could not give two shits about paints a FALSE impression of what actually matters.

This is the same tactic that gets such shit as the Tea Party taken seriously… when, in fact, its just a tiny group of billionaires gaming the system by riling up a bunch of functional morons.

It is imbecilic to attack people for comments taken out of context. Even More imbecilic to imagine you understand something, or someone, because you read a few tweets.

There is in this country a very vocal tiny minority that is far too busy being OUTRAGED and OFFENDED. And DICTATING what other people can and can not say, think, feel, or find funny. They post their outrage every chance they get- searching the inter webs for the slightest thing over which they can lose their shit.

Sorry… but that isn't irrelevant. It exactly what you and others here are up to.

And you can attack me for not toeing your party line… but I don't give a flying fuck about your sense of offense.

you have NO RIGHT to live your life unoffended.

And the truth is, the vast majority of people really AREN'T offended. they really do not care… and you can see that in the fact that they can't be bothered to piss away their time posting over it. There are REAL things going on in their own lives they focus their attention on.

The very idea of publicly punishing people for what they say or think is exactly how things are run in the world of ISIS and the fundamentalist muslim countries where women get stoned for so much as speaking to an unrelated male.

Its the exact same mindset... That certain kinds of speech should not be allowed or tolerated. It starts with intimidating or threatening peoples livelihoods to get them to parrot your politically correct perspective… and it always ends with people being destroyed or even killed for daring to say what some thin skinned set of moral police think is over-the-line.

Shit on the guy for not being funny enough to helm a comedy show.
That's a valid critique.

But don't even pretend to think you know anything about his worldview or character after reading half a dozen zingers taken entirely out of the context in which they were sent out.

And get USED to the fact that comedy is INSENSITIVE, by its very nature.

Imposing the "don't ever hurt anyone's feelings" comedy standard would turn EVERY show into Mister Rodger's Neighborhood… or the Teletubbies.

No- wait… the Teletubbies were considered offensive by the religious right because of, y'know, the gay one.

whee

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, I guess Comedy Central doesn't care about women as a demographic.

I wouldn't think anyone but juvenile 18 to 20 year old college boys who own more bongs than books, wear backwards baseball caps and cheap T-shirts with asinine joke slogans, and think they're the shit because they have a half-case of cheap beer in their room was a demographic Comedy Central would see the need to particularly appeal to.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I wouldn't think anyone but juvenile 18 to 20 year old college boys who own more bongs than books, wear backwards baseball caps and cheap T-shirts with asinine joke slogans, and think they're the shit because they have a half-case of cheap beer in their room was a demographic Comedy Central would see the need to particularly appeal to.

Oh look, it's a 30 year old Bill O'Reilly fan. How original.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Five times a week.

Phil. Learn to read without hyperventilating, or you're just as bad as everyone else. I don't really care what he jokes about. It's not about HIM, it's about the hyperventilating. I wanted to know if people were going to be up in arms, why not get frothy about everything all at once? Why did it seem like no one wanted to talk about sexism concurrently with their false accusations of anti-semitism. At least the sexism was real. All his supposed anti-semitic jokes (at least the ones I found) were really just anti-Israel, which isn't nearly the same thing. I wanted to discuss why sexism isn't as important to challenge as anti-semitism. If you're going to flip out and compose an entire treatise, at least do so on topic. Easily enough accomplished by being thoughtful, rather than emotional.

Maybe this is why?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4cBeYAa33I