9/11. Thoughts are with you all

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
A message for all, not sure if one has been posted.

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with everybody and their families for tomorrow 11th September, i light a candle every year and display in my window in memory of the people who lost their lives on that sad day. Take care everyone and say/do something nice to/for each other. Hugs Tardis.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I was 13 at that time. I had school, but because I was sick I was home in front of the tv, there was nothing on it so I came on CNN and saw tower 1 in flames, I was shocked, but then suddenly tower 2 was attacked and I was just gobsmacked, I couldn't believe it. For years I wanted to go too NYC to visit all those high buildings and suddenly they were attacked. I realised quickly that that wasn't the most important thing, there were people inside that buildings! I was devastated that something like that could happen. I thought a lot of those people who lives are ruined; family and friends of victims, the people who saw it all happening, ...
I know that I'm an outstander but I remember that day as a dark day in history and my thoughts are also with the people who lost someone, who saw terrible things and never get over it! God bless them.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you Tardis69 for bringing it up and for reminding us..

I keep thinking that it will get better as time passes, but each year at
this time, it all comes back and I feel just as I did that day and the days
following. Although I no longer worked in the WTC, I did have an 8:30am
appointment there that morning. I was running late, so called and asked
to change my appointment to sometime between 8:45 and 9:00am.

When I arrived at the WTC, on the E train subway, the pandemonium had
already begun and I had to turn back and walk home through the dust
and all the confusion. That was the longest day, I think, of my life. It
was like living in slow motion!

It took a long time to learn of those that I knew, that were lost on that
awful day, either on the planes or in the buildings. Some I had worked
for, some I had worked with, some were friends of many years, some
were my neighbors (in my block), some were "heros" of my neighborhood
Fire Station, and some were just acquaintances. The numbers quickly
added up and finally reached 38.

I think of them often, not just on 9/11. I realize that they will never
grow any older that my memory of them. What an awful, awful day it
was, and I hope that nothing like that ever happens again.

May they Rest In Peace, and may their loved ones and friends find Solace!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thought this would suit the post. Back at ya and everyone else who lost loved ones on this unforgettable day. This photo is of a cloud illuminated by the 44 spot lights that make up the memorial.

911Memorial.jpg

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will never forget that day. I will never forget the people and a thank you to our men and women who are fighting to keep us safe.

omgiswatdeysay

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never forget. May God have mercy on the souls of the damned and bring peace to the souls of those less fortunate.

We're Coming, Motherfucker's!

From America, With Love

On 9/11, We Shall Never Forget!

Times to “Never Forget”:
8:46 a.m.: The North Tower is hit.
9:03 a.m.: The South Tower is hit.
9:37 a.m.: The Pentagon is hit.
9:59 a.m.: The South Tower collapses.
10:03 a.m.: Flight 93 crashes in Pennsylvania.
10:28 a.m.: The North Tower collapses.

“When pain is to borne, a little courage helps more than much knowledge, a little human sympathy more than much courage, and the least tincture of the love of God more than all.” -- C. S. Lewis

I know that I'm an outstander but I remember that day as a dark day in history and my thoughts are also with the people who lost someone, who saw terrible things and never get over it! God bless them.

No, you're not an outsider. Anyone who was angered, frightened, and upset by what happened is an insider. Anyone who believes in the value of western culture is an insider. In this, we must stay united, from Russia west to Australia.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thought this would suit the post. Back at ya and everyone else who lost loved ones on this unforgettable day. This photo is of a cloud illuminated by the 44 spot lights that make up the memorial.

View attachment 41927

Dino

I had forgotten about the twin lights at night.
Tonight, I went to bed at about midnight and after I turned out the lights,
there they were.

Before 9/11, I could see the lights of the twin towers from my bed, with the
flashing red light of the tv transmitter on top of one of them. Now, each
year for a short time, there are the twin light shafts shining on the base of
the clouds, to remind us of that day and as a memorial to those who were
lost.

youngdumbfullofcum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Make Everyday Count

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, to teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who these people maybe, but when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you that may seem horribly, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or be means of good luck.

Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to tests the limits of your soul. Without these tests, whatever they maybe, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience can be learned from.

In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to love and how to open your heart and eyez to things.

MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT.

Appreciate every moment and take these moments everything that you possibly can for you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people you have talked to before, and actually listen.

Let yourself fall in love, break free, and set your sights high, hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, it will be hard for others to believe in you.

You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life and then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! If you love someone tell him or her for you never know what tomorrow may have in store

Learn a lesson in life each day.

Last edited: