A question on Turn-Offs...please respond...thanks.

Ladies: the biggest turn-off in a male (phallic dimensions notwithstanding)

• Size - he's a big boy, as in "Lock the refrigerator!" big.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Smoking - pack a day, and he's got the cough and lingering scent.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Clothing - "...but I like the same ratty things I wear day in and day out..."

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Personality - "uh...(two minute pause)...hi."

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

kc_showman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi there...

In the spirit of helping convince someone who really needs convincing, I come bearing a query. I'm hoping this would be the right place to ask this question, as it's not so much dealing with a large penis in particular, but to the entire life-support system for said member.

I'm curious about an odd subject - turn-off's. In this case, penis size is only tangentally relevant.

For the sake of arguement, let's say there is a medium-large phallus in question, to the large side of thickness but average in length. Okay, that said, let's deal with the person attached to that penis.

Of four traits, dealing with the guy as a whole, which of these would you consider the *biggest* turn-off:

1 - Size (the guy himself, not just parts). I'm talking in the neighborhood of very round face, very round belly, looks younger than chronological age primarily through plumpness, moves rather awkwardly at times, furniture and car suspensions groan upon his arrival.

2 - Smoking. Around a pack a day. The beginnings of a healthy (!?) smoker's cough. Clothing and skin seem saturated by the scent, save for just after a shower and fresh laundry.

3 - Couture...or lack of a sense thereof. The same things - jeans, t-shirts, nondescript sneakers, nondescript hoodie in cold weather, partial to dark or black most of the time, some items occasionally ripped/stained/scuffed from work, but out of habit he clings to these items, as he sees rare if any occasion to dress up.

4 - Introversion...to the point of perpetual social awkwardness. Long pauses while he thinks of things to say. Conversation is a draining chore. Reluctant to express a point of view, though when he does it can be fairly animated and, if he's geeky enough on the subject, rather like a pinball game, with subjects bouncing about, lack of complete thoughts, almost a babble.

Of these, ladies (and I'll even crack the door open to male-preferring males, should there be an opinion on these matters,) which of the above four is the WORST trait, the wince-inducer, the deal-breaker, the leg-closer, the phone-number-loser, the ...well, you get the idea. I'll also accept orders of horrendousness from worst to not-as-bad-but-still-icky.

Someone is looking for a starting point, and even after much cajoling and appeal, apparently only has willpower to focus on a single issue at a time *sigh.* Where should the focus lie? Where should he start?

Thank you.

...And if this is the wrong forum after all, whoever has the power to do so has my full permission to move it to which ever category would suit it better. Thanks again.

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mine too.

A hot guy with no personality and I'd lose interest within 3 minutes.
Next comes the smoking and the size. I really don't know what's worse. All depends on how bad it is. If he's capable of not smoking when he's near me, I'd maybe be able to deal with that. I can deal with a guy that's not that "sporty". But not when he's obese I think. Actually, I'm not sure. I'm kind of sporty myself. Not sure if I could deal with that in the long run.
I think living healthy is important, so those two would cross him off my list too.

Clothes are influencable. If it's part of a personality trait though, then it's another thing that would cross him off the list.

All in all, still rather depends on the person.
Plus, I'm picky. :redface:

EternalCaverns

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can't see this guy winning out over a dumb as nails stud, regardless of what is said.

Depends on what the objective is.

If the woman is looking for just a fuck buddy or a casual fix, then of course the dumb stud will win, but if she's looking for something serious and committed and the obese guy is willing to get into shape and he already has a bomb personality, I think he will win in the long run. Women, on average, tend to be more flexible than men in this regard. Not AS cut and dry if some deals are made.

If the deal can't be made to get into good shape and the woman is not into obese men to begin with, then I guess both men fail as far as serious relationships go.

Because on the other hand, you certainly can't build a serious connection with someone as dumb as a box of rocks. It would then be all about sex as long as the guy performs, has an awesome dick to match that bangin' body, and keeps his mouth shut.

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Size- Doesn't really matter. I've married a big dude. I've dated a few big dudes. Hell, I've dated dudes of all sizes and fitness levels. As Yoda would say: "Give a fuck I do not."

Smoking- I smoke. I've dated smokers and non-smokers.

Clothing- As long as he wears clean clothes, I don't care. I have about as much fashion sense as the average guy, anyway

Personality- I've dated the shy dudes, Extroverts, Assholes, Nice Guys, Criminally Insane, and everything in between. I dislike pricks. Not 'honest' guys, but absolute real evil pricks. Evil bastards and the overly egotistical guys turn me off.

so yeah.. personality.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Size- Doesn't really matter. I've married a big dude. I've dated a few big dudes. Hell, I've dated dudes of all sizes and fitness levels. As Yoda would say: "Give a fuck I do not."

Smoking- I smoke. I've dated smokers and non-smokers.

Clothing- As long as he wears clean clothes, I don't care. I have about as much fashion sense as the average guy, anyway

Personality- I've dated the shy dudes, Extroverts, Assholes, Nice Guys, Criminally Insane, and everything in between. I dislike pricks. Not 'honest' guys, but absolute real evil pricks. Evil bastards and the overly egotistical guys turn me off.

so yeah.. personality.

I agree with all of this...except that I'm a non-smoker. Everything else is exactly the same for me.

jennizeus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if you can't hold on a conversation with a guy or if he hasn't a good sense of humour....then its a total turn off

D_JohnUpHerPipe

1st Like
Media
I would say the smoking would be the most immediate turn off, if he stinks of it. Weight can sometimes be over looked if the personality is there and it can always be lost. Clothes are not too important as long as the nice clothes come out when necessary but there still has to be a personality there so i would say smoking would be my first turn off, i.e. having not got around to speaking yet so dont know about the lack of personality.

LadyJaneGrey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Smoking.

I like big men.

I like introverts they are often the kinkiest lovers.

I don't care about clothes as long as they're clean and he's comfortable and happy.

That is just me.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The worst trait for me is a lack of personality. Not being able to have a decent convo with a guy is a total no-go. This is very closely followed by size and clothing as described in the OP. I just don't find very overweight or badly dressed guys attractive. Smoking doesn't bother me.

kc_showman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
(OP here) This is interesting..after one day, seems Smoking is the big issue, with Social ineptitude a one-vote second, (body) Size a super-distant third and clothing not even making a dent. By all means, keep the info and the votes coming - I may have to reappraise my advice a bit for the next time I see him in a few days. The season's got him all kind of mopey and emo right now. Usually it blows over in a day or two, or at least he makes it back to a level of wanting to be around someone. I'm hoping if I can give him a nudge the right way he can run with it, but I wanted to give him the "best bang for the buck" info I could, based upon more than just my own view of the world. Thanks!