A really shallow rant that probably doesn't deserve its own thread.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My hair is now a foot shorter than it was 24 hours ago. This was not planned.

About a year ago, I used this natural dye from Whole Foods because it was supposed to be gentle on the air etc. so forth. Well, it was cute for awhile but it eventually grew out and I had to dye it again to touch up the roots. I chose to use my natural color (dark ash blonde) so I could grow out my hair long since I've had short hair since about 8th grade.

My hair turned black.

I live with it for awhile thinking it would eventually fade, but it didn't. So I went to the salon where they gave me some foils to try to blend in what looked like 3 stripes of color (where the red had been, where just the brown had been, and new growth) and some really uneven spots where the dye had not taken. Mind you I've been coloring my hair now for over 15 years and have never had a problem with it, even platinum blonde. Anyway, the foils kinda worked to blend things in somewhat, but not that well. 4 months later, more foils. By this time it was a real drab icky color.

So I went to get all of my hair colored red. Well, the new growth hair turned a gorgeous red. Where that nasty "all natural" color had been turned BLACK. Again. 7 hours and about 5 chemical processes later including straight bleach crystals, the black was gone and the colors kinda matched after it had a toner put on it.

The next day in the shower, the red all came out of the bleached part. The stylist told me to come back in two weeks to get more color and some foils.

That was last night. She colored my hair and used two colors on the different parts to attempt to match them again. Well they turned two different colors, with ther roots being pretty and the ends being muddy and faded. So now she does foils to even it out. After that, the roots had pretty vblonde highlights and the ends didn't.

Well, they could no longer put chemicals on my hair because it's been throygh so much. So it was either leave it be or cut it off. So I showed her a photo and asked her to cut it that way. She didn't. I had about 4 inches of hair that looked good, and she cut the sides way too short, and since I have very thick hair at the crown, I look like I have some sort of strange afro-like thing. I cried the whole way home.

So now I have to go to a friend's wedding today and I feel like I look like and old lady. I spent $120 to get this awful haircut and now I have to start all over again. I know it's just hair, but this has been a long process and I'm just depressed about it. I know it was partly my fault because of the natural dye, but shouldn't the stylists have known better? Argh.

End rant. I have to shower for this wedding. I don't even want to go now.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That sucks. But hey, it's just hair. It forces people to look at your face. That's not a bad thing. My hair is 1.25 inches long, I know all about looking weird and feeling uncomfortable. I get called "sir" and people assume I'm a lesbian. I was leaving Target one night and a couple girls walking behind me were talking about how short my hair was and how it made me look like a guy. I can't find a guy who will go on a date with me, because God forbid he go on a date with a girl who has short hair. Not to sound insensitive in your time of frustration, but you sound like you are in dire need of a new hairstylist. I can't imagine any reason for you to have all of those problems unless the hairstylist wasn't entirely sure they knew what they were doing. My brother has been to beauty school, and I learned a lot from him. Anyway, don't worry... like I said, it's just hair and it will grow back. Smile and be happy. If this is the worst thing you have to deal with in your life, consider yourself incredibly lucky.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Would it help to say that someday you'll look back at this and laugh?

Well, how about, your friends won't care what your hair looks like? Or that you're still going to be more attractive than anyone else there?

All of the above are true, although I know it's hard to see that now. But try to relax, go out and have fun, and you'll forget about your hair in no time. Besides, it's the perfect excuse to drink a lot at the reception. :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey girl as pretty as you are i don't think there is anyway you could look bad. Go have a good time an enjoy yourself:smile: :wink:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
About a year ago, I used this natural dye from Whole Foods ...it was cute for awhile but it eventually grew out and I had to dye it again to touch up the roots. I chose to use my natural color (dark ash blonde) so I could grow out my hair long since I've had short hair since about 8th grade.

My hair turned black.

I live with it for awhile thinking it would eventually fade, but it didn't.

So sorry to hair :wink: about your loss snoozan. In hindsight you realized that too many treatments was not a good idea. I would love to know the name of the dye that you used to give you a black color that didn't fade. It would be very popular in N.P.:biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're beautiful no matter what the length or colour of your hair, snooz.
If you're ever in doubt, stop and look at your avatar.

BTW, i'm glad to see you chose this one.. :smile:

I won't tell you to get over it on the day of a wedding when you're expected to look your best. Take a deep breath. Let it out. Do the best you can. Know it's temporary. Take another breath. Repeat as necessary. IM me if you need a shoulder to cry on.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would fire your stylist.

It's an absolute no-no to put bleach on your hair. It ends up turning it Red or green depending on the chemical makeup of your hair.

I had a guy do that to me here....I was so mad. The color looked OK the first day..the second through 5th day my hair turned a bright orange...from the bleach.

Wear a nice hat, or go to another stylist and see if they can do something with it.
Ultimately, I think you'll need to ust leave it alone for now, let your hair come back to its natural balance, then try it again, with a different stylist... Sounds like to me...she was just soaking your pocket book.
C

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Many of those natural hair color products contain henna, and it looks lovely until it starts to fade. The problem is, henna and artificial (metallic) hair colors DO NOT PLAY WELL TOGETHER!

Sorry you had the problems, snoozan.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You all lose. The proper response to this is:

"Snoozan, that really sucks! All that time money and now you hate the way it looks. We still love you, though. I hope it grows out quickly and you can get it back to a color you like."

That's the right response, isn't it Snoozan?

(Oops right after posting, I noticed DC snuck one in before me that was close to the right response.)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG!!!! You poor baby! I have had similar though not as drastic hair color problems in the past. This is why the phrase, "he needed killing" should be a valid defense in some murder cases.

My hair is now a foot shorter than it was 24 hours ago. This was not planned.

About a year ago, I used this natural dye from Whole Foods because it was supposed to be gentle on the air etc. so forth. Well, it was cute for awhile but it eventually grew out and I had to dye it again to touch up the roots. I chose to use my natural color (dark ash blonde) so I could grow out my hair long since I've had short hair since about 8th grade.

My hair turned black.

I live with it for awhile thinking it would eventually fade, but it didn't. So I went to the salon where they gave me some foils to try to blend in what looked like 3 stripes of color (where the red had been, where just the brown had been, and new growth) and some really uneven spots where the dye had not taken. Mind you I've been coloring my hair now for over 15 years and have never had a problem with it, even platinum blonde. Anyway, the foils kinda worked to blend things in somewhat, but not that well. 4 months later, more foils. By this time it was a real drab icky color.

So I went to get all of my hair colored red. Well, the new growth hair turned a gorgeous red. Where that nasty "all natural" color had been turned BLACK. Again. 7 hours and about 5 chemical processes later including straight bleach crystals, the black was gone and the colors kinda matched after it had a toner put on it.

The next day in the shower, the red all came out of the bleached part. The stylist told me to come back in two weeks to get more color and some foils.

That was last night. She colored my hair and used two colors on the different parts to attempt to match them again. Well they turned two different colors, with ther roots being pretty and the ends being muddy and faded. So now she does foils to even it out. After that, the roots had pretty vblonde highlights and the ends didn't.

Well, they could no longer put chemicals on my hair because it's been throygh so much. So it was either leave it be or cut it off. So I showed her a photo and asked her to cut it that way. She didn't. I had about 4 inches of hair that looked good, and she cut the sides way too short, and since I have very thick hair at the crown, I look like I have some sort of strange afro-like thing. I cried the whole way home.

So now I have to go to a friend's wedding today and I feel like I look like and old lady. I spent $120 to get this awful haircut and now I have to start all over again. I know it's just hair, but this has been a long process and I'm just depressed about it. I know it was partly my fault because of the natural dye, but shouldn't the stylists have known better? Argh.

End rant. I have to shower for this wedding. I don't even want to go now.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am going to shave my pubes off in solidarity with you sister.

As long as you don't BLEACH them, LPD!!:tongue:

(((Snooz))) I totally understand, having had long hair til my cancer- and seems now it wont grow past where it is.... but yeah, I have no doubt you still looked beautiful today and I hope you had a wonderful time! :kiss:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I am going to shave my pubes off in solidarity with you sister.
LMFAO!

But on a side effect... when I was a teen i did something similarly stupid.... I had bright yellow hair.... see here .... anyways I decided I wanted it to be auburn brown.. yeah I got carrot orange... which I don't have a picture of.... PS.. that picture is... 3 years old...