A Sexual Orientation Question

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
I know I'm gay because there is a dynamic missing, not necessarily romantic or sexual, even, in my relationships with women, that is often there in my relationships with men, and it's far more deeply satisfying than what I can get in a relationship with a woman. I usually think of this dynamic as an emotional playfulness. A guy can put me on cloud 9 and make me so happy in a way a woman can't, in the little things, even though I highly value the friendship and companionship of the women in my life.

I know which side I am attracted to because of how they make me feel as a man/person. You actually feel better about yourself when you are with them.
Exactly, Jeff! And then the bitter breakup happens and you're a horrible mess! :redface:

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We are a social couple, and both enjoy "alone time" with the same sex (shopping, golf, weekends away) .We also belong to a swinging community, so we are exposed to an unusual amount of sex and oppurtunity.

That said, we are both staight, and on my behalf is is not through lack of trying!

I love women, I wish I liked them sexually it looks like a lot of fun. When it comes down to it, I am just not attracted to them.

I love men, sexually I like their smell, their hard bodies, their skin, their difference, of course cocks and cum and just everything about them.

I enjoy both sexes company, I only like fucking men.

xx
Honey

P.S Hubby is also straight, no inclination to explore it either ( damn it hahah)

Knockernail

1st Like
Media
I like to wake up with a woman by my side. Beyond sexual attraction, there is no much more.

I usually feel more comfortable talking with men than with women. With women i use to act: i try to be gentle, a knight; i try to hide my sexual interest; i´m affraid to look like sexually interested when i´m not; i try to make them smile or laugh; i´m affraid they reject me as a man.

With guys i feel more relaxed, there is no sexual tension (though it was in my mind). And actually when i talk about sports, sex or work (besides i care about those stuffs) i just try to relate with each other in an innocuous and superficial way. Just like the typical weather conversation in the elevator.

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
I can't small talk with men that easily, it's down to the individual but I tend to find it easier to talk with women, I'm not sure what men do for me exactly, maybe being raised purely by women has made me learn to live without them. I'd be happy enough to be surrounded by women all the time, well untill I get bored or annoyed but even then I only need my own space and not another man. Try telling me what I'd be missing out on exactly?

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
NOMAD!!! How negative.... Perhaps you NEVER break up.. maybe this person could be the one.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that this last person WASN'T the one.

Maybe you are the one. We should meet up and test that theory. :wink:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Let me offer that annoying response, "You are young. Your perspective may change over the years. When I was your age ...". (1) Your environment will influence your relationships, especially if/when your environment changes. What happens if you were to find yourself in a predominantly male environment e.g. a company with mostly male engineers. (BTW, That's not a statement against a woman's ability to do engineering). (2) Your self-conception may change, and you may open up to men as they mature over time.

When I was 18, as you are now, the majority of my friends were female. It was so extreme that I knew when to carry advil with me to offer when their monthly calendars would peak for symptoms of PMS.

In college, that ratio became more mixed. Now, my friends are predominatly male. At age 31, it's difficult for me to emphathize with the experience of pregnancy, for example. I wish my female friends well, and I understand their experiences, but I can never claim to have quite the same perspective as they do for obvious biological reasons. My work environments have also been heavily saturated with men, so I adjusted.

There may also be a time when you come to admire another man because he possesses the traits that you would like to cultivate within yourself. You indirectly mentioned not having had the best exposure or reference to me growing up in a predominantly female household. You received indirect cues on what not to be as a man, from a feminist perspective. What not to be as a man is still not a definition of what to be pro-actively as a man. In general, you won't discover that around other women; you will only learn that in the company of men.

As a result of competition, men learn not to trust each other. However, the most successful men among their peers are those men who know how to cultivate a sense of trust. Learning how to validate another man's sense of self-worth has been one of the most important life skills/lessons that I've learned in deailng with other men.

I can't small talk with men that easily, it's down to the individual but I tend to find it easier to talk with women, I'm not sure what men do for me exactly, maybe being raised purely by women has made me learn to live without them. I'd be happy enough to be surrounded by women all the time, well untill I get bored or annoyed but even then I only need my own space and not another man. Try telling me what I'd be missing out on exactly?

SailingStud

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sup team...I totally disagree with the notion that men are all inherently competitive and cannot love and respect each other. Maybe it is limited to the certain strata of society I have grown up in in NY, but we were taught at home and at prep school that the relationships we made with the men around us were gonna be the most important relationships of our lives. And mine are! In short Women are for play, but a buddy is forever...

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree.....look at a pic of a naked man..and look at a pic of a naked woman..Which one(or both) gives you a boner?

Y'know, I did exactly that. I was wondering to myself if my difficulties in getting a girlfriend were due to being gay and just not knowing that I was gay (this is true!). So, I opened up a magazine to a cologne ad that pictured a mostly naked, perfectly built guy, and my reaction was, "Eh." Then I turned to a perfume ad with a mostly naked, perfectly figured woman, and my reaction was, "Ooh, yes..."

That answered my question.

(I'm being totally, completely serious about this!)

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know I'm gay because there is a dynamic missing, not necessarily romantic or sexual, even, in my relationships with women, that is often there in my relationships with men, and it's far more deeply satisfying than what I can get in a relationship with a woman. I usually think of this dynamic as an emotional playfulness. A guy can put me on cloud 9 and make me so happy in a way a woman can't, in the little things, even though I highly value the friendship and companionship of the women in my life.

Good way to put it. Switch the roles of men & women, and that's how I see things.