Acne!

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've tried everything to get rid of my acne. I've tried acnefree, clean and clear, proactive, everything, and nothing has helped. I also have acne on my chest and on my back. Is there anyone who can give me any helping advice that would clear my skin?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've tried everything to get rid of my acne. I've tried acnefree, clean and clear, proactive, everything, and nothing has helped. I also have acne on my chest and on my back. Is there anyone who can give me any helping advice that would clear my skin?

I had acne in my early teens...and Acutane was how I got rid of it. Never came back. You still get a pimple now and then..but NOTHING like before.

See a dermatologist. Diet..stress...and hormonal imbalance can cause it. Most of the stuff you're using just drys the skin out and is topical. To heal acne you have to get it from the inside out.

D

deleted213967

I was a borderline case as a teen. I had to beg and plea and go through 6 dermatologists to finally meet one who (quite reluctantly) would prescribe Accutane.

It worked, but at what cost. Now my hair is almost as dry as straw. Luckily, I didn't experience the more severe side effects that drove some teens to suicide, but I did get an eye infection since I would wear contact lenses at the time and the nice doctor omitted to warn me not to use them during the treatment.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yah bruddah, i say see a dermatologist. my aunt is a licensed estetician (i prolly butchered the word haha) but i can't get a hold of her. i do know that increasing your water intake helps greatly. as for me, i'm having a bit of a break out now, but mines from noy sleeping well. either way brah, good luck

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I was a borderline case as a teen. I had to beg and plea and go through 6 dermatologists to finally meet one who (quite reluctantly) would prescribe Accutane.

It worked, but at what cost. Now my hair is almost as dry as straw. Luckily, I didn't experience the more severe side effects that drove some teens to suicide, but I did get an eye infection since I would wear contact lenses at the time and the nice doctor omitted to warn me not to use them during the treatment.

I didnt have any side effects other than dry lips while i was on it. Unless you want to say addiction to Blistex is a side effect. :)

D

deleted213967

I didnt have any side effects other than dry lips while i was on it. Unless you want to say addiction to Blistex is a side effect. :)

:biggrin1: I got that too! I switched to ChapStick which is less addictive it seems.

D

deleted213967

You'll notice a change in your cash flow reserve right away...:biggrin1:

Acne should gradually clear within weeks...

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I did it for about 6 months...but it can go away before finishing the treatment...but you gotta finish it... dont stop taking it before its done.

Just depends how bad you have it. There may be new meds out there that will the same..but this worked for me and it never came back.

D

deleted213967

Make sure you have a very good prescription plan (many plans will not cover acne treatment if you are over 17 and you must be to be on this site).

Accutane is absurdly expensive.

dancinguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
bthegreat...my nephew had it really bad. About 2 facials a week really helped. The did a great job of cleansing out the impurities from his face and neck. Sure it does seem quite a money drainer, but the improvement in his appearance and his well being were well worth it!!!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is there anything I can do before I go to the dermatologist that could help?

as i've said bruddah, drink lots of water! also, go to a beauty supply store, and get the following:

a gentle, oil free acne wash (neutrogena is pretty good
witch hazel astringent (specifically witch hazel brand)
those pad things that you can carry for wipe away oil
now, these two items are a MUST GET:
queen helene's mint julep masque
queen helene's grape seed extract masque

nivea for men - facial lotion for sensitive skin

the mint mask is for exfoliation. do that one night, then the next night, use the grape seed one. what the grape seed one does is, it dries on your skin, yah? then you peel it off, and it pulls out all the dirt and other nasty things from your pores. it's amazing for see how much nasty junk you have in our pores.

you're gonna use this process brah:
rinse face with warm water
apply mask (switching off between mint and grape) [only at night!]
astringent
facial lotion

carry those oil absorbing sheets with you all day brah. wipe your face, paying close attention to your T-zone (forehead and nose) pariodically, especially when you feel oily or have been in the heat.

that's what my aunt tells me for do, and it works wonders. that's assuming that you have dirt, oil, and bacteria caused acne. like i said bruddah, my lack of a proper sleep schedule (and change in my sleep cycle in general) has caused mine. so, if you've recently changed your diet, sleep habits, whatever, try for get back to how you used to be. and drink a lot of water!

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Even though you probably don't have dandruff, use Head & Shoulders (or the CVS generic version). It takes a few weeks to clear up the back acne, but it does work. It's the zinc, I guess.

Someone suggested it to me, and it actually worked great. Even though my hair is clipped down to 1/16", and I'd love to just wash my head with the same soap I use on my face to speed up my showers, I always use the Head & Shoulders religiously.

Jl2017

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Benxoyl Peroxide increments worked for me. Kinda dry but it went away, if I stop my acne comes back tho which kinda sucks.

Antibiotics also worked but you can't be on those forever, it's bad for you.

You SHOULD ask around about Light Therapy, it's fairly new, NOT LASERS, but it's a certain shade of red/blue that kills bacteria. You have to come in every now and then for treatments but it's a lot better and easier than using topic creams and meds.