Ad campaigns / Commercials you love

Another category of "commercials I love" is commercials that introduce me to a great song that I just HAVE to find out what the song is and who does it! Here are a couple of these:

YouTube - Ipod Commercial Ad: The Caesars - Jerk It Out

YouTube - Bud Light Lime ? Summer State of Mind 2008

(The first song is "Jerk It Out" by the Caesars, and the second song is "Lights Out" by Santogold).

I love the Wendy's Soviet Fashion Show. I think it's one of the funniest commercials ever and would have posted it if you hadn't. I pity kids today who might not get just how funny it is because they don't remember the Cold War.

I agree about the music thing. Expedition Borneo introduced me to Moby's Lift Me Up and it's one of my favorite songs now. There's something spectacular about listening to it while walking down Fifth Avenue imagining everyone passing by being lifted into the air and hugged. I have a habit of creating videos in my head and that song makes me feel like I'm in one. It's also a very dangerous song to drive to.

Despite the fact they make crap, though they didn't used to, the same sort of thing happened when I came across the Cadillac commercial featuring The Teddy Bears song Punkrocker with Iggy Pop. That song is just phenomenal and the ad really captures the history of one of the great (if badly fallen) automotive marques. There is nothing quite so romantic as driving a big ass American convertible through the desert with a blonde at your side in wayfarers and an Hermes scarf. The whole ad hearkens back to the great automotive ad for the Jordan Playboy, written by Ned Jordan himself, which captured this romantic image in words perfectly. Read that copy. It's astonishing.

Last edited by a moderator:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can't forget the Diet Coke guy.

Yes, LAWD.

I always really liked the Jordache Basics commercials.

Here is one:
YouTube - JORDACHE COMMERCIAL

At the time, they really seemed to capture the teen angst extremely well.

Also, the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" campaign. I thought it was irreverent, smart and ironically funny. They both TV and radio ads.

Mr. Pro Wrestling Wardrobe Designer (the homoerotic overtones here are awesome)

Mr. Really Bad Dancer

Mr. Silent Killer Gas Passer

Mr. Way Too Much Cologne Wearer

Last edited:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some current ones I like:

The Swiffer Sweeper commercials with the song "Baby Come Back" where the jilted broom & wet mop are jealous of the Swiffer Sweepers:
YouTube - New Swiffer Commercial - Baby Come back

And the Verizon Fios commercials where the cat sees the HD picture and says "WOWW!"...then the flea in the cat's fur sees the sees the HD picture and says "WOWW!".

And the Geico commercials where the stack of bills with eyes eyeballs folks to the tune of "Somebody's Watching Me":
YouTube - Date