Anderson Cooper

Easily not.

I met Anderson and his mother in Newport at the 100 year anniversary ball celebrating the building of The Breakers back in 1995. I was his cousin's date.

He and Gloria are both extremely nice people and the rumor mill has it that Anderson (now the darling of no less than the likes of Oprah Winfrey) is gay.

I have no personal proof.
 
Whoa! Last thing I'd have imagined is Anderson Cooper being gay...don't see him having a big tool either but then no even close to having experience of seeing him in the public scene....so he could be either one or both.

Hoping more for his mate Thomas Roberts to be huge and a guy who likes to have fun:biggrin1: , if gay hopefully a masculine one!:wink:
 
if you noticed on good ol oprah she went everywhere BUT his love life....... i find this rather odd.......................she should fix him up with nate
 
Yes, alas, Anderson is gay. before he became big he was still living in Atlanta when he first started with CNN and before doing ABC's The Mole. He frequented gay clubs like Blue (now defunct) and The Eagle (leather daddy bar). In fact, my ex actually hung out with him occasionally because he traveled in the same circle of friends - apparently lots of gay people working at CNN. Anyway, the grapevine between this group was that Anderson is packing quite a bit! :)
 
Let's assume that the rumor is true i.e. that Anderson Cooper is gay. If he intentionally, though secretly, opted to use a substitute anchor, then ---reading between the lines -- we need to afford him much respect. He distanced himself from a topic for which he may have a specific bias.
 
HotBulge said:
Let's assume that the rumor is true i.e. that Anderson Cooper is gay. If he intentionally, though secretly, opted to use a substitute anchor, then ---reading between the lines -- we need to afford him much respect. He distanced himself from a topic for which he may have a specific bias.

I agree with you, and I suspect that quite a lot went on behind the scenes with regard to this whole incident. The following quotations may well be of relevance here. :rolleyes:

"Maybe a few people who do not follow any news are ignorant to this, but Anderson Cooper being gay is not really something he hides. There are press articles and gay journalist awards about him." (...) We did a little more digging and the Washington Blade and another source claim he's publicly acknowledged being gay in the past. Even his Wikipedia entry says he was "out and proud" until his CNN contract forbid him to talk about it. Update: Wikipedia changed the entry. It now reads he's never been married and he has no kids. CNN's smokescreen thickens."

Source: http://www.queerday.com/2004/dec/02/anderson_cooper_is_gay_and_it_isnt_a_secret.html

Some in the gay community believe that Cooper's sexual orientation is an "open-secret" and want him to publicly 'come out'. It has been further claimed, e.g., on blogACTIVE, that discussion of Cooper's sexuality is increasingly seen as a liability to his career and so is no longer acknowledged; "his handlers at CNN [are] known to call sites and ask editors to delete references to Anderson Cooper being gay."

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Cooper
(although there is plenty more interesting content in the "sexual orientation" section of his wikipedia entry).

Perhaps also of interest:
http://andyisoldjuliosnot.blogspot.com/2006/05/julio-cesar-recio-is-da-man.html
 
alex8 said:
A bizarre little YouTube video entitled
"Anderson Cooper Gets a Spray-On Tan" :rolleyes:

...and three caps from said incident:
1, 2, 3
Alex, thanks for the pix of Anderson Cooper. Aside from the fact that he is Gloria Vanderbuilt's son by her sixteenth husband, and is an announcer on one of the cable networks, what is all the fuss?? He ain't all that good looking and the pictures you provided were far from flattering. As far as his TV presence is concerned, if you had had his financial background and educational advantages you would be suave and on TV too!

Fliegles
 
Fliegles what a truly bitch comment !

Anderson Cooper has risen above his birth advantages.
He has achieved much and will continue to do so.
He will come full circle when he steps out and tells the world he is GAY-but nonetheless I respect and admire him.
I'd love to bring him home to Mama !!

H
 
Hirsute said:
Fliegles what a truly bitch comment !

Anderson Cooper has risen above his birth advantages.
He has achieved much and will continue to do so.
He will come full circle when he steps out and tells the world he is GAY-but nonetheless I respect and admire him.
I'd love to bring him home to Mama !!

H
BALLS!! Hirsuite, that is the most sophomoric comment I have ever heard.
If it were not for his background and the inane blatherings of Larry King, neither you, nor any of the other cable-bunnies would give a flying fuck about Anderson Cooper. As for your comment that Anderson will never be happy until he tells the world that he is gay... Pardon me while I go vomit.
 
Ooop Fliegles- didn't mean to upset !

I said he will come "full-circle" when he comes out.
I have no doubt that he is already probably very happy.

I'm sorry that you are feeling ill.

Keep well !

Viva Anderson Cooper!!
 
Is he the guy with the first name is a last name and the last name is the name of a car? sorry thats Harrison Ford... something like that was said by Rose Nylund in Golden Girls
 
Hirsute said:
Ooop Fliegles- didn't mean to upset !

I said he will come "full-circle" when he comes out.
I have no doubt that he is already probably very happy.

I'm sorry that you are feeling ill.

Keep well !

Viva Anderson Cooper!!
Apology accepted. Let's face it, this is one cookie we will never agree upon.
How about we lay down our hatchets and be friends?:wink:
 
snobbes said:
Is he the guy with the first name is a last name and the last name is the name of a car? sorry thats Harrison Ford... something like that was said by Rose Nylund in Golden Girls

It's a tradition often in genealogically English families to use family surnames as first names. Such is the case with Anderson Cooper. Anderson is a surname from his father's background.