Apparently it's been said alot that it's about 2/3rds lost if you get...

"Sensitivity "loss" after a Circumcision as a sexually active person.

• Yes but only 1/3 or so

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Yes it's 2/3rds or more

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No overall change, but different(specify if you kept the freunulum)

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No overall change, remains the same(specify if you kept the freunulum)

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
In fact, I have a lack of sensitivity that is such that most people can't get me off. It isn't just a matter of intensity either; it seems that there is a range of sensation missing. Stimulation jumps straight from not enough to ever achieve orgasm to painful. The fact that you have no problems with sensation and pleasure does not mean that no one does.

Again, that's you and a great many men do feel dissatisfied. Google search "foreskin restoration" and you'll see pages upon pages of people that have unfulfilling or non-existent sex lives, which are made better through foreskin restoration.

British Journal of Urology, Volume 83, Suppl. 1: Pages 34-44,
January 1999.
The prepuce

C.J. COLD and J.R. TAYLOR*

Animal studies show that extirpation of the external genitalia results in acute retrograde degeneration of the nerve axon back to the spinal cord [96]. Therefore, the changes in circumcised male sexual behaviour [81] may be related to a central nervous system alteration by retrograde axonal degeneration, or to peripheral nervous system damage by loss of the prepuce ridged band and amputation neuroma. It is assumed that amputation neuromas also form at the female circumcision scar, although we are unaware of a formal histology study.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
I do urge you however to branch out. There are other things in life other than foreskin. The threads you choose to participate are remarkably monotone in their subject matter:
uhm, yes, we are stronhly convinced, we push our points forward and are open to criticism and we address this criticism as best as we can too.

If you are against, rape, you are against rape, and if somebody argues for it, well then you counter that argument as best as you can too, you don't actually go and speak as if rape really could and may be beneficial, this would be for the opponent to dismay if possible. You should argue until you find a contradiction to logic and to the argument to dismay your opponent's one.

We are not righting encyclopedias, we are debating, and in debatinig there may always be a 'for' and an 'against', just as so there may be a 'mostly for' and a 'mostly against', and even an 'i only know this' as well. either is valid, just so long as you debate fairly and honnestly

D

deleted15807

Ah, the petty name calling phase of your argument, where you flip the bird.........

Look closely....that wasn't 'the bird'....oh snap( did I get that right?). You eviscerated nothing but in the mind's of your sycophantically in tune fellow restorer's. I really don't bother reading your novellas. They bore the hell out of me and everyone but your fellow Wolf Pack members and sympathizers. Additionally I don't have OCD on the issue :wink:. Your diatribe with Hoss here said far more about you than you can imagine. In the political forum you aren't nearly as imperious when indeed the issues are far-more reaching and far more serious. Methinks Thou Protestest Too Much

.........A second reason is not that it is necessarily in alignment with my beliefs, but that it is in alignment with my personal experience with people that I know that have been cut as adults.

Both you and JT seem afraid to simply ask the thread OP. Ask him how does he feel? How hard can that be? Apparently impossible.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Look closely....that wasn't 'the bird'....oh snap( did I get that right?). You eviscerated nothing but in the mind's of your sycophantically in tune fellow restorer's. I really don't bother reading your novellas. They bore the hell out of me and everyone but your fellow Wolf Pack members and sympathizers. Additionally I don't have OCD on the issue :wink:.

Sargon, what is the point of entering into a debate if you feel your arguments are the one right and only true way to live and you're not willing to even read your opponent's rebuttal? Responding to someone handily dismantling any argument you present with accusations of OCD, while you continue to revive threads and start arguments on a subject you "don't care about" is about as hypocritical and trollish as it gets.
Your diatribe with Hoss here said far more about you than you can imagine. In the political forum you aren't nearly as imperious when indeed the issues are far-more reaching and far more serious. Methinks Thou Protestest Too Much
Meaning you think my entire life is devoted to debate on circumcision? No one thinks that but you. Anyone reading that "diatribe" will see it for exactly what it is. One person exploding with internet screams (STFU!!!! NEWSFLASH!!!!) and projecting their personal experience upon the entire human race while someone else calmy refutes them saying that their personal experience is different. I'll let you decide who is who. :wink:
Both you and JT seem afraid to simply ask the thread OP. Ask him how does he feel? How hard can that be? Apparently impossible.
If you think the opinion of any one person is representative of everyone else, it explains how closed minded you really are on the subject. The OP was curious, he was asking what everyone else thought. He didn't express an opinion one way or the other.

If it pleases you though, let's ask the OP.

OP: Did you vote on this poll? Do you personally think your sensitivity was affected?

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media

As JT indicated, the collective results have more meaning than individual responses. The poll shows what we have been saying all along. Circumcision, whether at birth or as an adult affects people differently.

Over time, in the The Healthy Penis forum, I have seen a few random comments from those circumcised as adults. Comments (in my words) have been:
1) Circumcision is great, sex is better, should have done it sooner
2) Circumcision didn't make any difference at all
3) Circumcision changed the mechanics of sex but did not affect the quality
4) Circumcision reduced sensitivity and intensity of orgasms but because of my medical issues it was worth it
5) Circumcision reduced sensitivity and intensity of orgasms, would rather have remained intact

In restoration sites I have had conversations with cut as adult restorers. Obviously, all of these individuals preferred to be intact. However, their experiences also varied. It ranged from total devastation from lack of sensation, lack of orgasm intensity to a slight decrease in sexual responsiveness (but preferred the mechanics of intact sex).

JT earlier posted a link to a Chinese study showing that there is tendency for men suffering from phimosis to have a significantly decreased concentration of Meissner's Corpuscles (light touch nerve receptors). The typical number quoted for normal foreskins is 20,000. I have seen a study that indicates a range from 20,000 to 70,000. (Sorry, don't have time to find the study - whatever the range is, it makes sense that there is a range.)

It is quite possible that normal variations in the number/concentration of these receptors influences the magnitude of the before and after differences. There are also many other factors that can influence the results or reported results (e.g. style of circumcision, reason for circumcision, complications of circumcision (known or unknown), psychological factors).

Similar to infant circumcision, adult circumcision also affects different people differently. The experience of one individual is not as significant as the collection of result of many.

D

deleted15807

The study is about physical sensation, not sexual fulfillment. But his reaction mirrors so many others; he is unwilling to buy that circumcised men could possibly give up anything, even in the face of evidence that demonstrates it.

You are just mincing words here. What is the point of any 'sensation' in the penis if it does not lead to 'sexual fulfillment'? What is the point of a taste bud if what it tastes is in fact not good? +1 for sensation and -1 for does not taste good = ZERO.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
You are just mincing words here. What is the point of any 'sensation' in the penis if it does not lead to 'sexual fulfillment'? What is the point of a taste bud if what it tastes is in fact not good? +1 for sensation and -1 for does not taste good = ZERO.
Did you seriously just revive a week-long dormant thread to spout this? Sargon, I mean this from the bottom of my heart: Get a life.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Would everyone be perfectly content with reducing their sexual sensitivity until it made their entire sex life unsatisfactory? That seems like it would be a losing poll proposition. I'd prefer not to lose any, let alone enough that I would be dissatisfied with sex--and that would be a lot, orgasms alone are pretty great after all.

D

deleted15807

Did you seriously just revive a week-long :eek5::eek5:.

You see JT I do have a life, it's why I don't respond to every thread within 30 minutes of a post :smile:. The one thing I can count on is within 2-3 hrs of posting to any circ thread the Wolf Pack, particularly you will be there with another novella. I think you have a goal of 30 minutes or less? And the waters can never go unpatroled for 24 hrs. Never. Court Martial offense.

Anyway it's like I said. You have nothing with the little word play on sensations vs. satisfaction you did. Quite a little dance number. A slower eye might not have caught the fact you double footed the landing.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
You see JT I do have a life, it's why I don't respond to every thread within 30 minutes of a post :smile:. The one thing I can count on is within 2-3 hrs of posting to any circ thread the Wolf Pack, particularly you will be there with another novella. I think you have a goal of 30 minutes or less? And the waters can never go unpatroled for 24 hrs. Never. Court Martial offense.
So I patrol the area, and you scavenge the remains? You search the area for corpses of conversations that you can dredge up on subjects you "don't care about" because you can't stand someone else getting the last word? These threads are dormant, everyone else has moved on, and you can't. Does it just take you that long to think of a response? Or perhaps your OCD accusations are merely projecting?

Anyway it's like I said. You have nothing with the little word play on sensations vs. satisfaction you did. Quite a little dance number. A slower eye might not have caught the fact you double footed the landing.
Ironic that you disliked me parroting the "procirc" line of "satisfaction =\= sensation". How many times have you seen cut guys say they would hate to be more sensitive because they would pass out from everything? Sensation is only a part of the equation, but it is still a part. I'd personally love to have more sensation, but I'm not about to try to enforce my point of view on people for the rest of their adult lives.
Just to spite you in your example, I'll point out that humans have the taste buds for "bitter" because it enables us to detect many substances that are poisonous. Similarly, our nerves allow us to feel pain when subjected to something physically harmful. Our noses will detect sharp odors of many potentially harmful gases and cause us to flinch and recoil away. Not all sensations are pleasant, but it is part of the package of our bodies working correctly.

Now since you've been insistent that sensation is equivalent to sexual fulfillment, I'll turn the question around on you. Sorrells does show increased sensation in uncircumcised men. By your own words, you claim that this leads to sexual fulfillment. Care to discuss? :wink: