Atheism = Farce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm cool with that.... my questions is why does the word GOD insight so much anger in people? Seriously...before this thread, I always thought the over-zealous Christians were the assholes... but I see that's not the case. Shit works both ways... Which brings me to my second point... if they're both equally prone to faults, in truth and anything else, why does one side feel soooooooo much more intelligent than the other? Neither side knows anything the other side doesn't. With exceptions existing for the close minded lunatics of course...

It's not the word "god" that makes atheists angry. It's the idea that such a character provides an answer to questions on an equal level to those found via scientific method, when in fact, the "god did it" answer is merely a rephrasing of "I don't know."

You say "if they're both equally prone to faults" and that's what makes people angry -- they're not. Science can be found to be wrong by its own process, and thus moves forward because each thing found to be true has survived that. The "god" answer cannot be disproven, and so the same conclusions offered thousands of years ago are held today -- fixed in stone, no advancement of knowledge, all answers based on "because I said so." They are not equal by any means, and when people say otherwise, THAT'S when they get angry.

Reactions: headbang8

9InchJezmo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
To be safe, you should probably just never do anything that forces you to interact with others...if we're working with Jezmo's logic :rolleyes:

Heres a clue for you, if this delusional bullshit which you call gods word allows deranged halfwits to engage in frankly unspeakably horrendous acts, as our what i am going to call extremist christists, engage in, then most normal people would say 'I dont want to be part of it' and walk away
It is you eric and the rest of your delusional friends who has the problem.

9InchJezmo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There must be a reason why you only get these extremist christists in america and i think its to do with the right wing politics, the willful over consumption, the generally poor education,the lack of any kind of social conscience and so on and so on.

9InchJezmo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Heres a clue for you, if this delusional bullshit which you call gods word allows deranged halfwits to engage in frankly unspeakably horrendous acts, as our what i am going to call extremist christists, engage in, then most normal people would say 'I dont want to be part of it' and walk away
they get angry because its bullshit, they get angry because they dont feel well disposed towards ignorant people who spend their lives on their knees whispering to a fictional sky fairy who then try to tell them what they should think.

9InchJezmo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
and the amazing thing is, all the extremist christistist organisations who try to sent people over to england to spread more intolerant bullshit invariably go home with their tails between their legs because if you try ranting about christ in the street over here people will spit at you.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Have*...if you're going to be a total twat, please at least be a grammatically correct one.

What are these unspeakable acts you mention? If you're referring to deranged halfwits invoking the name of god while committing unspeakably horrendous acts, refer to NC-BBC's post about not letting the actions of the extreme minority become emblematic of the overwhelming majority. I don't think all blacks are poisonous when one shoots a liquor store. I don't think all Muslims are fanatics when one blows up a plane...why do you think the actions of a few nutso "Christists" should be a poison pill for the entire religion?

What then, using your impeccable logic, is one to do when a few nutsos commit atrocities in the name of nothing? Since they've no higher power, it would stand to stand to reason that humanity should be to blame...so should we cast scorn upon all of humanity for their actions? Certainly not.

It's ok to admit you're wrong.

NC_BBC

Expert Member
Media
Usually in NC, but I travel, so ask me where I am
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have*...if you're going to be a total twat, please at least be a grammatically correct one.

What are these unspeakable acts you mention? If you're referring to deranged halfwits invoking the name of god while committing unspeakably horrendous acts, refer to NC-BBC's post about not letting the actions of the extreme minority become emblematic of the overwhelming majority. I don't think all blacks are poisonous when one shoots a liquor store. I don't think all Muslims are fanatics when one blows up a plane...why do you think the actions of a few nutso "Christists" should be a poison pill for the entire religion?

What then, using your impeccable logic, is one to do when a few nutsos commit atrocities in the name of nothing? Since they've no higher power, it would stand to stand to reason that humanity should be to blame...so should we cast scorn upon all of humanity for their actions? Certainly not.

It's ok to admit you're wrong.

He'll just ignore your post. There's waaaaaaaaaay too much logic here for him to process a rational and intelligent response. Or he'll respond with more of that insane drivel he's been going on with so far. Like I said, I never knew a troll could exist inside a thread about theism. And his behavior is no different than any other troll I've ever met.

Speak bullshit----> Insult others ---> Ignore post that show his bullshit is BULLSHIT ---> Continue with more bullshit.

I guess we should all just denounce ALL our social affiliations in order to separate ourselves from extremist.:rolleyes:

NC_BBC

Expert Member
Media
Usually in NC, but I travel, so ask me where I am
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Wow, the guy has posted in the thread like twice and you're already grouping him... Yeah...I'm gonna go ahead and call that "degree" bullshit. Smh... I can't believe how absolutely delusional you are man.

You exhibit the exact kind of behavior(s) that are usually visible in the extremist you claim to hate so much. People like you are racists in the making. You could very well be there already...judging by the way you consistently refer to a 26 year old man as "boy"...

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some tempers are flaring a little too high in this thread at the moment and we are going to discuss some of the recently posted content. Therefore the thread is being temporarily closed to let everyone cool down and to let the mods think about the situation.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We are reopening the thread because earlier, there was some interesting discussion going on. But if there is any more hate speech or personal insults posted, it will be closed permanently and further infractions will be given.

Wrath, is a bugger of a thing. Where do we aquire it? Humour. :) :)

Perhaps it's from evolving with all those hard to get along with neighbours. :)

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Glad your back ^ I think the team was very generous giving this thread another chance.

Glad your back ^ I think the team was very generous giving this thread another chance.
Thanks Matt, been very busy. Yes, things become stressed, most of the time they are over things no-one really knows the answers too, so we tend to wing it a bit. Me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.