"Avatar" Rocks

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just saw this movie. I went in neutral. And I was wowed. Big time.

Audience gave it a major ovation at the end. Haven't seen that in ages.

Joe Bob says "Check it out."

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
An incredible film.
Visually one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and very moving at points.
Stirs up guilt about western imperialism and should send some shudders down a few neocon spines.
James Cameron really knows what he's doing.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought the movie was great, too. Unprecedented in many ways, and the graphics were out of this world [pun].

Although I thought Cameron was a little over the top on his message of Imperialism by the U.S.; annihilating sacred areas and a pristine environment to harvest riches.

Exactly what was his hidden message there - Alaska? Iraq?

I don't remember him peddling political agendas in Terminator or Titanic. Unless Jack was an innocent liberal and the Titanic was an evil conservative.:eek:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen it as a 'flat' film and again in IMAX 3D. My next trip is going to be to see it in Digital 3D. I like to think I'm doing a thorough review of the different formats but I'll likely just get caught up in the story again.

Visually I haven't seen a film so richly textured since "What Dreams May Come".

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To be frank, the plot IS a tad old and overused... But the AMAZING graphics make up for it :smile:

Hell, there was one scene where the camera looked down a cliff... I actually shrank back in my seat due to vertigo :biggrin1:

Thought the trailer looked a bit crap, but most people who've seen it think it's great - so I'll probably have to go and see it. :)

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was really impressed with the movie. All of the pre-release stuff including the 15 minute preview and the trailers really didn't do much for me. I went in not expecting much as I was really astounded. The film was truly stunning, it was so carefully constructed and you could see such detail in every point. Jim Cameron is an amazing director and this is one of his finest.

A funny picture going around online at the moment does point out something funny.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I was really impressed with the movie. All of the pre-release stuff including the 15 minute preview and the trailers really didn't do much for me. I went in not expecting much as I was really astounded. The film was truly stunning, it was so carefully constructed and you could see such detail in every point. Jim Cameron is an amazing director and this is one of his finest.

A funny picture going around online at the moment does point out something funny.

Hahaha, that is correct, the movie reminded me at Pocahontas and some other movies

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's unintentionally hilarious, that the cat featured inhabitants of this "different" alien planet Pandora in various events "feel" and react exactly like anyone in USA made tv-soap operas of the 1980´s, 90´s, 00's or 10's :biggrin1: - That's Americana for you, and "stretching the imagination". Equally amusing that the same alien creatures' images are like today's stretched anorexic model types:) How shallow and unimaginative can you get?

Or that any solutions to any problems require GUNS and EXPLOSIONS. Boooh...ring...

Way to go Cameron, laughing all the way to the bank. :wink:

I liked some of the blooming jungle views of Pandora, though. Saw it in 3-d, it gives you darker tones but not that much extra.

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why can't people just watch a movie and enjoy it instead of comparing it to real life and expecting some kind of statement, that is what documentaries are for. When I finally go to the movie the last thing I am gonna think about it current events or world issues.

powdersnow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i am looking forward the see this movie , but i dont know which vers. i should go.
what do you think guys ? real 3D or IMAX?
They say IMAX is better , but i heard in IMAX the subtitles are impossible to read.
which one do you recommend ?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Unless you are quite blind you should be able to read the subtitles just fine in IMAX.

My shortened review is visually stunning, pretty flat otherwise. Turn your brain off for this movie, you wont need it.